Dead MR2

Started by Anonymous, January 2, 2007, 08:55

Graeme

That's unlucky! - Nice pictures though, glad you're OK.

My '2 got the dreaded pre-cat failure on boxing day and has been off the road since too. Hopefully the engine is going to be OK  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  .

Hope you get yours sorted/replaced soon.

Graeme
2001, Black, A/C, H/Top, Leather, no precats, and a club sticker![/color]
Why did they call it a "Midship Runabout"?!?! Surely "Mid-Engine Roadster" would have sounded better.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Graeme"That's unlucky! - Nice pictures though, glad you're OK.

My '2 got the dreaded pre-cat failure on boxing day and has been off the road since too. Hopefully the engine is going to be OK  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  .

Hope you get yours sorted/replaced soon.

Graeme

Sorry to hear about yours,

If mine gets written off you might be able to get the engine from that if yours is no good. The engine in mine was in great condition. Hope you get it sorted though.

Anonymous

Whilst it's gutting to see an MR2 in a state like that, and I'm really sorry for you Andy, it's really good to see how well the important bit of the car (that's where us meatbags sit  s;) ;) s;) ) holds up in a crash.

Good luck getting a replacement sorted soon matey!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"Whilst it's gutting to see an MR2 in a state like that, and I'm really sorry for you Andy, it's really good to see how well the important bit of the car (that's where us meatbags sit  s;) ;) s;) ) holds up in a crash.

Good luck getting a replacement sorted soon matey!  s:D :D s:D

Yeah, thats exactly why im getting another one!  s:D :D s:D  

Toyota have done an excellent job on the passenger saftey aspect of the car, which shows because im still in one piece, even though the cars in millions (literally!) of little bits.

If things had turned out differently and I had been hurt I probably would not go near one again!

firepower

wow that looks like some accident you had mate, good to know your ok

made me gulp when i saw the photos  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    i think we have all been in your position or close to it but not ended up in a ditch and managed to get away with just soiled pants  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

looks to me like a write off  s:( :( s:(   which in a way may be a good thing and you can move on to a new car hopefully a new mr2   s:) :) s:)  

see you were listening to the radio everything was cool   s8) 8) s8)  then snap, im just a passenger who wants to get off
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

alancdavis

Cars are replaceable,,,,,,,,People are not    s:!: :!: s:!:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

im glad to here your ok  s:) :) s:)  

i know you carnt remember much! but do you remember that money you owe me?! about a £1000 was it not?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

hope you get your car up n running soon!

Anonymous

Glad to hear your ok that looks like a nasty accident.

Im gunna be looking to sell my 2 in about a month's time maybe sooner,if your interested give me a PM. I will then give you some more details if you want.

Anonymous

The engineer from the insurance company phoned me last night on my way home from work.

The car is a write off (suprise there then!) and they are giving me £9060, which is more than i paid for the car (but im not going to tell them that!). After i have paid the excess on the insurance i should be getting £8790.

So Im on the hunt for a car again!  s:D :D s:D  

I cant wait to get rid off the Saab, its like driving on a cloud! theres just no steering feel at all, its so lifeless  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

spit

Thats a decent deal without having to resort to negotiation Andy. Who are the Insurers?

I know how much TLC you put into your '2 - lets hope you can find a nice example to go for it again.

Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

I am with Norwich Union. They have been excellent throughout this terrible ordeal, and have dealt with it extremely fast considering the time of year.

It has only taken 1 week to get sorted, I just have to send some things off before I can get the cheque.

I hope I can find a car as good as that one, I am considering getting a pre-facelift model (red again of course!) so that I save some money for some small modifications (but mainly because of the expected massive hike in my insurance premium later on in the year!) I might go for a super lightweight model, ie. bog standard, no AC, no leather, etc. Im not sure yet though. I will have to wait and see what turns up.

Anonymous

I'd be tempted to negotiate that figure upwards, as that's what they expect you to do anyway, so you've got nothing to lose by trying!  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

They offered £8790 (before excess comes off) at first and I said that it would cost me more than that for a similar one to what I had, so he offered me more and I accepted it. The offer of £9060 is more than what I paid for the car so I am quite happy (I would rather have not crashed it like!). I Just hope I can find another one that I want now.

northernalex

Quote from: "andy b"They offered £8790 (before excess comes off) at first and I said that it would cost me more than that for a similar one to what I had, so he offered me more and I accepted it. The offer of £9060 is more than what I paid for the car so I am quite happy (I would rather have not crashed it like!). I Just hope I can find another one that I want now.

Good luck, be warey of the insurance hike though!
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Silverman

Quote from: "northernalex"
Quote from: "andy b"They offered £8790 (before excess comes off) at first and I said that it would cost me more than that for a similar one to what I had, so he offered me more and I accepted it. The offer of £9060 is more than what I paid for the car so I am quite happy (I would rather have not crashed it like!). I Just hope I can find another one that I want now.

Good luck, be warey of the insurance hike though!

We must all be wary of the insurance hike.....      s:( :( s:(
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Anonymous

I recon my insurance will go up about £500 at least!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Im back down to 0 NCB now too  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

firepower

bummer  s:( :( s:(   andy was your no claims not protected
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

Anonymous

I only had 2 years anyway, so no unfortunatley.  s:( :( s:(

kanujunkie

doh!

next time tick the box for the fixed NCB
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

northernalex

you generaly cant get fixed/protected NCB unless you have 4+ years. I've lost 2 x 2 years no claims bonus due to vandalism and theft, its not nice.  Especially when you're nowhere near the car when it happens.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

heathstimpson

Glad you walked away from that one matey in one piece  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  There will always be another one somewhere that will be waiting for you  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"There will always be another one somewhere that will be waiting for you  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I hope you are talking about cars there and not crashes  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "andy b"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"There will always be another one somewhere that will be waiting for you  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I hope you are talking about cars there and not crashes  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Just noticed that  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Yes was talking about another nice 2 to buy  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

All sorted now, the money is in the bank.  s:D :D s:D  

I cant believe how fast it has been, it only took two weeks after the crash and its sorted. All i have to do now is find the right car for me.  s8) 8) s8)

enid_b

ahem *cough*

lol
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Tags: