2006 Aftermarket Spend

Started by evileye_wrx, January 6, 2007, 16:34

evileye_wrx

I've had my '2 for a year now and have made a few minor adjustments to it from when I picked it up. In total I've spent aproximately £2975 in 12 months. While I realise that anyone who has 'Gone turbo' will have forked out a great deal more (maybe not that much more) I wondered how much other people have spent during 2006 on their cars?

If my levels of overtime keep up then I'll be expecting to spend around the same amount this year, so by 2008 I expect it to look like an entirely different machine.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Wabbitkilla

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

My fist year of ownership and it's been about a grand. Not bad considering there's a full set of tyres in there.  s8) 8) s8)  

2007 will be about the same methinks.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

I spent a lot less on it before I became a member of this club  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

rtbiscuit

i add it up today,

£2,300 in 4 months

i cant believe that, thats loads,

after next month i'm backing off a little, there are 2 more items i want, desperately before the summer but it will cost me another £360 for them at a guess.

Style bars (the spirit ones from japan parts)
and TTE lowering springs

maybe in april i'll rethink, must clear over draft first!

"edit"

i'm lucky at the mo in car respects, i have no g'friend, work 80 hours a week, have no life because of work, and live at home at the mo, (till june).

so i have lots of pennies left over for my 'metallic missus'.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Bought the car in May 2006 and spent about £500 since. Would love to spend more but someone thinks a new bathroom is more important  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

philster_d

alot

Anonymous

Had the car 2/3 months, car had already had over £10k spent on it, i've spent about another £4k since owning it.................wouldnt mind but it hasnt been further than the end of the drive since I bought it home!

saying that, i have all the bits in the garage now to keep me going for the next 6 months   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "perry190"Had the car 2/3 months, car had already had over £10k spent on it, i've spent about another £4k since owning it.................wouldnt mind but it hasnt been further than the end of the drive since I bought it home!

saying that, i have all the bits in the garage now to keep me going for the next 6 months   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Modder Extrordinaire Perry  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

muffdan

Mods only - £10k   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  and another £2k for the sp240 package next month. That does include the TTET turbo though. It doesn't include another £2.5k I had to spend after my second pre-cat failure on a new engine and che header.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

don't know about that matey, money from the sale of the porker burning a hole in my pocket more like   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

all gone now    s:( :( s:(

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "muffdan"Mods only - £10k   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  and another £2k for the sp240 package next month. That does include the TTET turbo though. It doesn't include another £2.5k I had to spend after my second pre-cat failure on a new engine and che header.

Well we may have a winner, unless there are any other contenders in the double figures bracket!

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

muffdan beats me   s:!: :!: s:!:  

just on parts ive spent about 12k, dread to think of figure including labour costs!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

rtbiscuit

see this is where i save money. i'v done all my own fitting!

saves big bucks that way.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Yeah but im lazy!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

and i dont fancy having to take the engine out to fit some of the parts!! scary   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

but mostly! .. im lazy!

kanujunkie

i'm with Phil and Perry A lot
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

So much I really dont want to add it up and it's going to be £4.5k more by the end of the month. George Best had it right " spent all my money on fast cars, women and booze and the rest I wasted"

VVT-i

I got mine in June 2005.. and since then i've spent just over £3000.. that's including the new seats that haven't been delivered yet   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  .. and i've just today spent another 150 odd on a new Alpine stereo...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I personally blame Les.. because I asked hos opinion on the Roadster before i got it.. if he said they sucked.. i would have more money in the bank   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

muffdan

Quote from: "bossman23780"muffdan beats me   s:!: :!: s:!:  

just on parts ive spent about 12k, dread to think of figure including labour costs!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

makes me feel better that you spent more than me, I'm not the biggest MR2 geek of 2006 after all!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"
Quote from: "bossman23780"muffdan beats me   s:!: :!: s:!:  

makes me feel better that you spent more than me, I'm not the biggest MR2 geek of 2006 after all!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

.. and the award for the biggest mr2 geek goes to .... drum roll ...

BOSSMAN

makes me think though on what ive spent because ive bought virtually all my parts through the US which has been considerbaly alot cheaper to buy than if i had bought through the UK market!

Anonymous

I tracked my cost by stage of build up.

Stage 1 - N.A. 140whp $2,000USD over 4 years. Including 2 engine replacements.

Stage 2 -  F.I. 240whp $5,500 over 2 years. Stock engine is still healthy but something let loose in the 5mt tranny/clutch last month.

Stage 3 - F.I 300+whp  $6,500 - last 6mo. of 2006  - 8.8:1 Engine,6-speed and still counting.

Thats all hard parts with very little outside labor or tuning.

philster_d

10.5k i brought the car for.

Documented mods from purchase are around 14.5k  erk

Not including labour and stuff and services like oils and fluids and other quick jobs   s:) :) s:)

Tem

Practically nothing in 2006.  s8) 8) s8)

...but two-digit k£'s before that.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

anyone ever done the imoc garage  s:? :? s:?  

scary is the word, we have plans to get it put in over here as the code has been made available to all now
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

I have an excell spreadsheet kindly started for me by the man Comer

northernalex

Ive spent approx £1150 over 9 months. Which includes my car washing stuff and toolkit.  And my anorad speed camera detector which cost 100 quid and broke after 3 months.  I'm after a new one, gonna keep trawling ebay till i can find one for about 50 ish quid!  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Tags: