Another Dead MR2 :(

Started by Anonymous, January 8, 2007, 23:41

Anonymous

A scary tale  s:!: :!: s:!:   It's great that you are ok though.

Sorry about the 2, and it did hold together well.

heathstimpson

Glad your ok matey. If you were a little closer I would consider the hardtop  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Liz

I thought of you today when I was on the A43 heading towards Silverstone - loads of standing water and you could barely see in front of you, certainly made me think - and if you can do that thats a job well done!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Thank you all for the kind support guys, Im feeling much more chilled now after my wee holiday   s8) 8) s8)  

I got confirmation this morning that the car is a write-off so it will be removed from my property over the next few days so il need to get my head unit and speakers etc out of it.

Ste - I PM'd you after seeing you're headlight post, never realised you'd have already posted here hehe...

I'm going to have a few things for sale over the next few days whilst i sort myself out, but it will include:

original Sony Head unit,
Set of standard 15" alloys,
Hardtop + fitting kit,
set of used Matts,
Passenger airbag,
Custom dashboard project,
Set of expensive Bosch wiper blades used for only 50 miles,

Plus if you need something specific let me know and i can see if i can work something out. PM me if you have any interest in the above anyway ( some already have)

Delivery wise, I am going to be in skipton, north yorkshire for a week in February so i could probably drop off some of the smaller things around then? could maybe even meet a few nearby members for a pint (I will be staying at the rendezvous classic)

Im afraid I've bought a boring, crappy Hyundai accent to replace my mr2 with and it really does mega suck, but i'd like to think maybe il be an owner again later in the year  s;) ;) s;)  I'll certainly be hanging around here!

Cheers,

Richie.

spit

Cheers Richie - shame we don't have more time to make the swap.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Good to see that you'll be hanging around in the ROC while you're '2-less ... if we need a support vehicle to carry luggage on a road trip we'll know who to call  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

heathstimpson

pm sent  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

loadswine

Richie, I am after a few screws and nuts.  I am missing 3 of the screws that fix down the bottom edge of the storage doors and the 2 nuts that hold the latches for the storage doors behind the seats. Any chance of a bit of scavenging?   s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

gutted for ya matey, i nearly done the same on the m8 on thursday mornig hit a puddle done a full 360, was lucky it was at 4am roads were empty. was realy shaken but i realy do hope that you get everything sorted.

northernalex

I'm after scavenging the screws/clips that hold (whats left of) the nappy in place.  If there's any chance of getting these Id be greatful (or paypal you some cash).
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "R4BMR-S"gutted for you matey, i nearly done the same on the m8 on thursday mornig hit a puddle done a full 360, was lucky it was at 4am roads were empty. was realy shaken but i realy do hope that you get everything sorted.

the right lane of the M8 was shut on friday so that they could replace the barrier i broke - if you pass by theres still cones up etc and theres still bits of my car at the side of the road.

My accident happend on M8(w) just after glasgow airport and just before erskine bridge turnoff, out of interest whereabouts did it happen to you?

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"I'm after scavenging the screws/clips that hold (whats left of) the nappy in place.  If there's any chance of getting these Id be greatful (or paypal you some cash).

Hi Alex, i'll have a look for you but because the way that everything is hanging off of the back of my car at present, i cant guarantee i'd be able to get them.

i'll have a look for you tomorrow as its very stormy here at present!

Richie.

northernalex

Richie.. thanks mate!!  s:) :) s:)   Yeah that bit does look a little bit scuppered.  The weather isnt that nice here (northumberland) and we have the gales forcasted for tomorrow.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

hmmmmm west bound just after the airport richie

Anonymous

Quote from: "R4BMR-S"hmmmmm west bound just after the airport richie

sounds like you probably hit the same bit as me then!!

Leeber

If you can be @rsed, I'll have the tweeter brackets. Lee
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leeber"If you can be @rsed, I'll have the tweeter brackets. Lee

got them and the tweeters anyway as i had upgraded the speakers and tweeters so they're availabke if you want them.

I'm going to make up a post with stuff for sale probably tonight or tomorrow as i now have lots of car bits for sale.

Richie.

Anonymous

ritchie, is there any chance you could get me one of the clasps from the front storage bin? one of mine is cracked. i could collect.

Graeme

I might miss out on this list  s:( :( s:(  , I'm going away fro a week tonight.

I could really do with the two removable side panels for the rear storage bins (MrT wants about £30 for each of them) and the two webbing straps that go on one side of the storage bins. - I have them on one side, but they've been cut on the other side (possibly to fit a sub or something)

Cheers
Graeme
2001, Black, A/C, H/Top, Leather, no precats, and a club sticker![/color]
Why did they call it a "Midship Runabout"?!?! Surely "Mid-Engine Roadster" would have sounded better.

markiii

Quote from: "Graeme"I might miss out on this list  s:( :( s:(  , I'm going away fro a week tonight.

I could really do with the two removable side panels for the rear storage bins (MrT wants about £30 for each of them) and the two webbing straps that go on one side of the storage bins. - I have them on one side, but they've been cut on the other side (possibly to fit a sub or something)

Cheers
Graeme

if not pm me I think I have a set
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "nelix"ritchie, is there any chance you could get me one of the clasps from the front storage bin? one of mine is cracked. i could collect.

no probs mate, you can come and collect tomorrow or sunday if you wish.

markiii

any chance of the plastic clips covers for teh rear struts? and teh clips holding teh frunk plastics in place?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Graeme"I might miss out on this list  s:( :( s:(  , I'm going away fro a week tonight.

Cheers
Graeme

I have these in my shed, so thats no probs.  Im not sure about the straps but leave it with me and i'll see if i can remove them. I'll keep them on hold for you till your back next week,

Richie.

PS did you see my for sale post:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14608 m

Anonymous

cheers ritchie, im at the xmas bash this weekend, someone has to show the sassenachs how to party, but next weekend if it suits you?

Anonymous

Quote from: "nelix"cheers ritchie, I'm at the xmas bash this weekend, someone has to show the sassenachs how to party, but next weekend if it suits you?

Hehe... no probs. The car gets taken away on monday or tuesday though so probably best if you could swap it before then?

Richie

Anonymous

this mon/tues m8?, if so it dosent matter as i cant make it.

Tags: