The car in front is in a ditch....

Started by LeeUK, November 5, 2003, 18:38

LeeUK

I crashed   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Driving into work along a straight road and for once actually going slow (30 mph) and i hit a huge patch of diesel.  Verred to the left, corrected to the right but car car kept on going right!  Went into a spin and ended up goin backwards into a ditch, and finally coming to rest on it's side... with the radio still playing   s:? :? s:?  

This is really a warning to all reading this, if you've never driven over diesel you can never appreciate how dangerous it is.  I was lucky i was going slow and that the car can be fixed.

I have smashed the rear lights and bumper aswell as the tailpipe surround, remarkably there is only a small scratch on the door.  The airbag didn't deploy.  I'm ok which i guess is quite important.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Glad your ok mate - there seems to be a spate of '2's getting mangled recently, due to the bad weather etc.

At least it can be fixed.... gutted for you though mate.

Anonymous

What Kris said.  Glad you're ok.

LeeUK

Thanks guys.  Just wait and see what happens with the insurance renewal now
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Liz

Sorry to hear what happened to you, join the mangled MR2 section!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

perhaps the new club site should have an obituaries section then??!!

p.s. sorry to hear the bad news Lee
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

I don't know about me cursing members engines, I reckon being in the club puts a crash curse on you!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Seriously though, glad you're OK   s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Glad to hear yet another survival achieved but I am starting to wonder why just so many 2's on this site/club are being damaged  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Do you think somebody up there has it in for us just because he can't drive one  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

Glad you are OK mate, for all of you who wanted to see Lee's car before.

I finally got round to getting his photos up there.

http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk/home_le.htm

Anonymous

Top stuff your OK. shame about the motor, but your OK, thats important!

Liz

Was the stuffed toy in Craigs pictures uninjured!?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Liz!  That "stuffed toy" has a name (forget what it is though).

Hope the lovely little creature was uninjured Lee?

MR2Blue

I feel sorry for you on one hand Lee and glad your alright on the other, mines been at the menders for the last three days, got the car back today, sounds daft I know but I didn't half miss my 2  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

heathstimpson

You always feel pissed when you damage your pride and joy but as other have already said that can be fixed easily enough; flesh and bones not so. As long as your all right thats all that matters...
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

What everyone says, the main thing is you're ok mate

Note to self: Best be careful driving around for the next 3 months

LeeUK

Well the pigs name is percy, and he is fine although a little shaken from the whole incident!  Here he is on a photo shoot before the incident:

The nerves have hit me a little, have been driving the company vectra since the accident.  People have likened my new driving style to something like "Driving with Miss Daisy!"   s:? :? s:?  

I done a one day advanced driving course a few years ago and i'm now looking to do the whole thing.  As it is not expensive to do.

I've been told i may be able to make a claim against BAA as i crashed on Stansted airport roads.  They are supposed to warn drivers of hazards such as diesel on the road.  And clear it!!  I have all the police reports etc which back me up.  I really don't want to lose my no claims bonus!

Thanks for sticking the photos up on the net Craig it looks very nice!

Who has had incidents like me in the past?  Did there cars come back with a decent finish job done on them?  Also how many people found goin down the road backwards unintentionally rather frightening because i did!!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

LeeUK

Ok here are some rather painful pics to look at for any MR2 owner, some may want to look away now!

The police even turned with fresh dohnuts:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Two left.... over crest.... ker ditch.... D-oh!!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

This picture shows the diesel on the road (evil diesel... evil!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  )

Bo hoo hoo   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Anonymous

ohh, thats not nice mate!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Glad you and percy made it out OK.

Hope BAA take responsibility.

Anonymous

Ecky thump mate, that looks nasty!.

Your roof is half open, did the impact do that?...if so may this have damaged the frame?

heathstimpson

Very nasty  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  
Any nice policwomen turn up to assist you in your hour of need  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: