19" Alloys

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2007, 09:04

Anonymous

Hi guys

First post here and haven't actually bought one yet but am on the lookout.... Anyway, my question -

Has anyone fitted 19's to their cars and what sort of bother have they had with it? Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Rob

Anonymous

Welcome to the club  s:D :D s:D  

You must be joking about putting 19's on a roadster!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

From what i have seen 18's are too big, and will completley ruin the driving of the car!

I am sure that there will be others which will have more details than me.

Anonymous

You need to speak with Rogue about this, he has a nice set of 19" wheels he was going to fit to his wide body MR2, but the mods needed to the bulk head just made it in practical.

Rob

markiii

it's a sports car not a pink cadilac
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"it's a sports car not a pink cadilac
seriously? damm,need to trade mine in now, all the other pimps must be laughing at me  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Chris

Quote from: "markiii"it's a sports car not a pink cadilac

exactly, even if 19s would fit, they would most likely weigh a ton and seriously affect the acceleration/handling.  If it's less wheel arch gap you're after then a set of lowering springs on standard wheels does the job a treat, 17s at a maximum.
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

rtbiscuit

each to there own, if looking good is your thing, then find a set and fit, but i think you will struggle to with out some serious mods to the wheel arches etc.

with wheels that big on this car you run the risk of it looking like a roller skate. the only way round is to have a wide body kit like the gt300 put on, then use wheel spacers to push the wheels out. only then will you get the right look with 19"s

if you go this route to make the car as responsive as it was on 15" you would need to up the power.

but it still won't be as nimble as it is now. and you can see the costs start to add up.

my advice is have a look at the wheels other people have put on, i think there is an entire thread dedicated to it in the appearance section. see what you like and what gives you any ideas.

first try lowering the car, then if you still want to change the wheels look at 16" or 17".

or do 17" at the rear and 16" at the front. and dont forget the tyre sizes are offset (different widths) other wise you'll turn your car into a ditch finder.

i think there are several posts on here of people arguing 18" are fine and you don't need an offset, and then several weeks later you hear them posting "i just ploughed my car into a ditch"

like i said above modding is all about personal choice, and when it comes to wheels there is a lot to choose from.

good luck in your search  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"i think there are several posts on here of people arguing 18" are fine and you don't need an offset, and then several weeks later you hear them posting "i just ploughed my car into a ditch"

Where's the link? Show me the Money!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Seriously though, 19's might be really huge looking. I don't think any of the serious '2 heads on here, or the other forums, would advocate wheels that big. mostly for the reasons given above.

If its appearance mods your looking for then you could go for an unusual bodykit for around the price of a set of 19's or perhaps a TTE twin exhaust, with about 9000 miles on it and bought privately from a fat geordie are the best.

If its performance mods your lookng for I'd go with a 2nd hand H&S downpipe or maybe's a ...guess what's coming.... unichip! Also available from said fat geordie.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Rogue

KaaaaaaarBLING!

Booooom!

Ka-pow!

So yes, 19's are possible but with hindsight even *I* wouldn't go any bigger 18".

Patrick

edward.carter

They do look good on that, however i reckon might look a bit daft on a standard 2. Although on a standard 2 you would get good ground clearance (4x4 styley! )  s:-D :-D s:-D

rtbiscuit

they look really good on that,

i like the design as well, cant get how big they look compared to the standard wheels.

did you nick them off a monster truck!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Rogue

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"did you nick them off a monster truck!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Lol! No, they had to be custom made by Racing Hart in Japan. Sadly, they're no longer in production - I tried to buy a pair of 18"s to sort out my clearance issues at the front, but no joy. We'll solve it the good old fashioned way I think. Where's my mallet?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Patrick

Haslamr2

Quote from: RogueKaaaaaaarBLING!

Booooom!

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  kaaarbling...well it made me laugh!!!
[size=75]05 MR2 1.8 VVT-i Roadster Red Spec Edit, TTE Dual exhaust TTE Lowering springs
Ali Larter in the passenger seat...lovin it!!! [/size]

Tags: