My new car :D

Started by Anonymous, March 8, 2007, 18:50

Anonymous

Nope lol i sold it for 3 k cash the car was  a 1997 P reg 80k on clock.. LOL  s:D :D s:D

Money towards my new baby (mr2)  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Please don't turn your MR2 into anything that resembles that monstrosity, else I may be forced to call you rude names.

Anonymous

of course not lol that was my rude boy chav boy racer phase.. i want a nice beefy sports car now.. you see the way i look at it is this.. a teenager who is 17-19 who can only afford a piece of shit saxo  s:( :( s:(  will modify the hell out of it so its Very OTT!, but if they had something classy and nice like an MR2 there is no need to go OTT, because it is a moderatly fast car. and is nice looking! lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "bobnob"Nope lol i sold it for 3 k cash the car was  a 1997 P reg 80k on clock.. LOL  s:D :D s:D

Money towards my new baby (mr2)  s:D :D s:D

3K I do hope you mean yen.  Parkers guide price for a P reg is £540!  I know you have added all that body armor, but I am sure that just slowed the little 1.1 down.

I'm a gonna hunt myself a trol for tea tonight

Chris_h

Welcome back Leon!!!
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Quote from: "bobnob"of course not lol that was my rude boy chav boy racer phase.. i want a nice beefy sports car now.. you see the way i look at it is this.. a teenager who is 17-19 who can only afford a piece of s**t saxo  s:( :( s:(  will modify the hell out of it so its Very OTT!, but if they had something classy and nice like an MR2 there is no need to go OTT, because it is a moderatly fast car. and is nice looking! lol

However you already want a RICE exhaust?

I know its been said before, but I STRONGLY suggest you do a search for the words "Wet" "Tyres" "Handling" "Crash" before you slide into the seat of your new "beefy sports car" especially coming from a 1.1 baby humvee.  This is serious advice and will prevent you starting another thread saying "just bought my 2 and wrapped it round a tree"  This is a rear wheel drive rear engine (yep the engine is in the boot).

Funny how you descibe what was once your pride and joy as a peice of s**t saxo.

Anonymous

well yer it was my price and joy but it was also very slow, slggish and just overall drive wise and engine wise.. crap.

Anonymous

Okay.. well listening to you.. does anyone have MSN messenger and would like to give me some pointers on how not to crash my rear wheel drive MR2.. becuase in all fair ness i am a newbie.

Chris_h

Bob,

Just take it easy for a while, monitor tyre pressures (and ensure decent qual and matching tyres all round) and don't fling it into corners like a fwd hatch... well, not to start with anyway   s:D :D s:D  

I find the 2 a pussy cat, although worn rear A043's and cold slippery asphalt make it interesting. But I had FAR FAR more unusual snap oversteer moments in my last toy and that was a FWD hatch.

The above posts about taking it easy are from those who have been around here for a while and have sadly become accustomed to posts from new members having had a 'moment' shortly after buying.

Most of all, enjoy!

Chris
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Thanks.  s:) :) s:)

Liz

How come you got it for £7300 - the ebay listing has a offer for £7400 shown as rejected?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

made a deal on the phone outside ebay  s:) :) s:)

enid_b

Quote from: "bobnob"made a deal on the phone outside ebay  s:) :) s:)

Hi Leon   s:D :D s:D
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

like the pic pf your saxo, you must've spent a lot of time and effort on it. You got any more pics of it? would like to see more

Anonymous

There she is.. i mst admit though it was a fun car especiialy with that exhaust it poped back loads like a rallye car when i slowed down lol and was very very loud and made everyone look.. ahh those were the days lol   s:P :P s:P    s:D :D s:D

enid_b

how much did u pay for the plate.

you might have made more money by selling it seperate to the car....
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

Anonymous

wow that's certainly somebody's pride and joy... any shots of the interior?

Anonymous

Nah interior was just standard VTR/S interior, and i payed 199 fo rthe plate...

i just found anotehr good one for my roadster but i cant tell anyone incase of stealage lol but it spells something related to the car.. lol  s;) ;) s;)

enid_b

R 1 CER ?

Anonymous

Sorry for my newbie terms, And im sure most of you who say "RICE" something are taking the piss. i am unfamiliar with the word "RICE" or "RICER", so please elaborate?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "bobnob"i just found another good one for my roadster but i cant tell anyone incase of stealage lol but it spells something related to the car.. lol  s;) ;) s;)
SPYDER  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

i cant tell yet, when i get it i will post some pics up  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Nice car & spec Bob, I nearly got a silver one myself then I came across one of those lairy bright green ones like the one in this months Top Gear Magazine...I just had to have that colour.

Bob...you'll soon realise that there is nothing more satisfying than blowing away boy racers in Shitron Saxos, puts a smile on my face every time.
Watch the back end in the wet though...& enjoy your car.

SimonC_Here

Actually I quite like your saxo.
I hate the wheels but there you go.

At least it looks like a good fitting job on the body kit. Some of the saxo's round here look like they were put together by a blind man, useing duck tape.

Simon

Anonymous

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Some of the saxo's round here look like they were put together by a blind man, useing duck tape.

Simon

Isn't that how all Saxos are put together!!!

Tags: