My new car :D

Started by Anonymous, March 8, 2007, 18:50

Anonymous

Yarde = Yard  Very good nelix  haaaaaaaaaaaaa   HA   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

SILVER

Chris_h

Bob,

Did you used to own a BMW Z4 per chance? - or am I thinking of someone else   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Happy 2ing - with the weather picking up, you'll have a great time.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Nope sorry havent owned one of those BM's im only 18 lol how would i get insurred on that eh! lol   s:) :) s:)

rtbiscuit

i shall name the "vanilla rice!!!!"    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

welcome to the club bob!   s:D :D s:D  

you've done well to have a car like this at 18, my first was a rover 214, and like yourself i did mod it! but i was more suttle and used the tomcat equipment.

the advice on the handling of the 2 is not to be taken lightly, there are several post on here of new members having the car and 2 weeks later pranging it.

make sure you are running the same tyres all round. and keep a regular eye on the pressures. i do mine once a week. small indifferences of tyre pressure can greatly change the handling of the car!

get the precats out! and then start modding from there!

and just out of interest on the saxo where do the wings fold out of and is the hyper drive in the back!

if i'm honest, its horses for courses and the saxo scene can sometimes be ok, i do admire the inginuity of the members being able to create some wild stuff on the cheap. fair play.  i think it is no different from the jap car scene who mod old cars to look like caracture 1960 race cars with MDF bodies!
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

explain to me what RICE means mate.

rtbiscuit

to be honest i'm not 100% sure! i only came across the term since being on here!

i believe it refers to jap cars and owners who bling it up somewhat hence rice! the jap link!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

i'm guessing i'm completly wrong!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

but i use the term "vanilla rice" as an affectionate term   s:D :D s:D  

i like the cut of your jibb! so this is mocking in a friendly way as a sign that we like you!   s:D :D s:D  

there is a moderate amount of ribbing that goes on and we all suffer, i get it in the neck from nelix (the lone stranger) and pinky and the brain (evileye and northernalex)

Previous cars:

Anonymous

Quote from: "bobnob"explain to me what RICE means mate.

I think you know  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:  , I am sure there was a section dedicated to it at your previous forum?

Not unique to this forum - straight from the Urban Dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RICE

QuoteAn automobile that has been equipped with gawdy, unnesecary accessories, such as 3' high spoilers, loud and/or repulsive paint job and body work. Owners of such automobiles feel that these accessories make their car the best in the world, when in fact it is not.

or

QuoteRace Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car..

Some may say that this sort of thing is RICE? Others may think its NICE?
http://www.tuning-forum.org/images/showroom/maco-saxo.jpg Not the worse silver saxo I have seen recently  s8) 8) s8)    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:o :o s:o    s:( :( s:(    s:?: :?: s:?:

rtbiscuit

there we are! all explained!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Previous cars:

Chris_h

Ahah,

I am glad I didn't reply to this post a few moments ago as i thought it related to chavved up Jap cars only (chavs thinking rice was the staple diet of Japanese / confusing with China).

God I'm thick - or old - or uncool - or all three   s:D :D s:D
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "cstevens"

QuoteRace Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car..

I believe the term Rice comes from the insult that Japanese cars run on the crop, hence the phrase 'Rice Burner'. But yes, a Ricer would be one who attches lots of exterior mods to make their car look 'better'. Of course it's most often used these days for the Corsa/ Saxo brigade who frequent Halfords Car park and improve their cars £20 at a time.

Unfortunately, the above quote puts me right into that catagory, apart from the lack of gaugy paint job... but you never know, I might go for orange! I have, of course, never denied my wannabe Riceyness.

m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner m

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

loadswine

The term doesn't just apply to cars apparently. I have heard Harley owners referring to Japanese machinery as "Rice burners".
I think some muscle car owners refer to us and other Jap car owners in a similar vein.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

read this thread through Bob and you will find your answer!

Clicky

Chris_h

ah, so RICE does relate to Asian cars.
and of course Asian people eat nothing but rice.

So I'm not quite as thick as i though.

rtbiscuit

after reading that i do worry that i might be a closet ricer   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Previous cars:

Anonymous

once again another classic Spyderchat moment!

enid_b

its all quiet on the bob front.... the theory of the low loader seems to be more plausible all the time.

aside from all my moderate jibes at bob, i would not wish that on anyone.

s:) :) s:)  its all just good fun.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

rtbiscuit

i hope he's still alive!
i don't have a problem with him now he's out of the saxo!

i'm sure it wasn't him, especially after all the advice we gave him! if he didn't listen, then he's a bit of a plumb!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Previous cars:

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"after reading that i do worry that i might be a closet ricer   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Definitely a closet something, Rich

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

rtbiscuit

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Definitely a closet something, Rich  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  Phil

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

ah your right my secret may be out!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

i'll come clean... i think i am a closet... lesbian, every time i see a good looking girl i just want to do naughty things!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

i can't believe i'm a rug muncher!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Previous cars:

Anonymous

is it just me or is bob's 2  a realy bright silver???

Anonymous

Quote from: "enid_b"its all quiet on the bob front.... the theory of the low loader seems to be more plausible all the time.

It's quite sunny at the moment -maybe he was blinded by the light reflecting off of his chrome wiper spoilers or Argos signet rings.

Seriously Bob - let us know you are OK. Most of us are just jealous old farts, bitter because at 18 we were driving absolute sheds.
I've had to wait until my hair is receeding to enjoy the thrill of roof down MR2 driving.

Liz

His first post says that he is picking it up today - we will hear from him later...of that I am sure...
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Picking it up today?

That explains why he's not here...

He's probably parked up at Halfords at the moment browsing through the ripspeed counter
mmmm - nice exhaust...... and some of these 20inch alloys.....

Anonymous

Your all wicked!

If he is picking it up today he will be driving around thinking it doesnt need any mods as its great just the way it is.

Or he might be in halfords like you say.

enid_b

now im guilty of poking fun at bob. he has brought a lot of it on himself. but now im feeling bad that i was a little mean to him. i think if he searched a little more, or (radical idea).......

He should start a thread called Bobnobs questions.  then he could just post all his stuff on there, nice n tidy, without clogging the rest of the forum up.  I think that people would be more willing to assist him.

However, cant resist chuckling at the though of him parked up now at Halfrauds....  Ripspeed assistant licking his lips, and bobster coming out with 500kg of savillery to RICE up his mota !  respec innit
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Tags: