AutoArt Style Models - Lagoon Blue

Started by Anonymous, November 12, 2003, 12:28

Anonymous

Well that got you all going didnt it!.  I know several people where interested in obtaining one of the quality AutoArt Style models in the fantastic, fastest, poshest colour of blue.

Here is the offical response from AutoArt (I think it means NO).

Dear Craig,

I am sorry that this colour will not come in the near future. We have to
decide for some colours and can  not take all colours. And the colour
decision is depending on the different countries where not colours are
selling as good as in the other countries.

All the best
Thomas

Minichamps did do a display boxed one back in 2000, but this was a limited run of 2000 models and I cant find these either.

Anonymous

bummer   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Woooohooooo, look what I just found!

m http://shop.store.yahoo.com/autofanatic ... 22000.html m

Anonymous

looks like it's been stretched

Anonymous

probably a dodgy macro lens...although it looks even more like a boxster in that photo

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Well that got you all going didnt it!.  I know several people where interested in obtaining one of the quality AutoArt Style models in the fantastic, fastest, poshest colour of blue.

Here is the offical response from AutoArt (I think it means NO).

Dear Craig,

I am sorry that this colour will not come in the near future. We have to
decide for some colours and can  not take all colours. And the colour
decision is depending on the different countries where not colours are
selling as good as in the other countries.

All the best
Thomas

Minichamps did do a display boxed one back in 2000, but this was a limited run of 2000 models and I cant find these either.

Well, why not get one in any old colour, strip it down and remove the paint with a solvant, re-prime it and take it to Mr T and ask for them to spray it the correct colour. Wont take them long. After that, reassemble it. You could ask them to give you a call when a blue MR2 comes in for a paint job to reduce the effort cost.

Anonymous

aint 1:43 really small? the one that Simon got me was 1:35 (or something) and thats a small model.

Anonymous

This is where I got mine....

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=1190 m

Anonymous

Me too, they're prolly around 3-3.5inches long (the model   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ).

Anonymous

Quote from: "ROBMAXTOM"This is where I got mine....

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=1190 m

Got that one, I was after one of the high quality auto art ones, which are quite large.  I may ask Mr T if he can spray one, as I can get a red one for £20 (half price).  I could always try using the paint chip kit I got from Mr T, but that would like crap.

markiii

I beleive Toyota Lagoon Blue is one of the colours halfords stock in aerosol form. One large can of that, a can of plastic primer and some sandpaper and your good to go.

Now getting the 03 model bodyshell will be harder, I've not seen one yet.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Hmmm.. whatever you do don't order from  m http://www.modelenium.co.uk m

The tw*ts took my (nearly) 50 quid and haven't bothered sending anything - that was over 3 months ago!!!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

• Are we allowed to swear here?

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

<mod-edit>nope, but I added the * for you   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  - cstevens</mod-edit>

<sundance-edit>he he</sundance-edit>

Anonymous

If anyone is after the MR2 by Autoart 1:18 scale have a butchers at:

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/stores.html

I picked up mine at the London branch. There is also an independant  model shop which had a red one this week - they on St. Martins Lane just off Trafalgar Sq.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Minichamps did do a display boxed one back in 2000, but this was a limited run of 2000 models and I cant find these either.

i got 1 i got 1
it limited to 2208.
got mine from e-bay

Anonymous

Quote from: "duongs"i got 1 i got 1
it limited to 2208.
got mine from e-bay

I saw that too, but as a fellow club member i could hardly up the price on you now could i   s:D :D s:D

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "duongs"
Quote from: "cstevens"Minichamps did do a display boxed one back in 2000

i got 1 i got 1
it limited to 2208.
got mine from e-bay

I got one back in 2000. Lagoon Blue and on it it says number 1 of 2.208.

I've also got one of those pull-back ones and a Thorntons replica.

Slacey

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"I've also got one of those pull-back ones and a Thorntons replica.
I've got a pull-back still, and did have a Thorntons one - I scoffed it the day my car arrived!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I've seen a Tamiya plastic model kit which is 1:24 I believe.. and from poking around in the box it looks pretty detalied...  

I've been putting off buying it though, as there's still the dilemma of where to get the right shade of Lagoon Bue from - I'll have a look in Halfords now!

Tim

Tags: