Started by Anonymous, November 6, 2003, 18:01

Anonymous

s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)  

Mate you have the original STEALTH CAR!

Are you still going for a smoked window?

<edit>
Nuff respect, bling bling!
</edit>

Slacey

Quote from: "cstevens"Are you still going for a smoked window?
I'm still thinking about it, but it ain't cheap, due to the size and double curve of the HT glass!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
I'm still thinking about it, but it ain't cheap, due to the size and double curve of the HT glass!

had mine done last week cost 200 pounds (2 windows + hardtop + softop and frount window strip)

Anonymous

Quote from: "duongs"had mine done last week cost 200 pounds (2 windows + hardtop + softop and frount window strip)

Post some pics mate - would love to see.

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "duongs"had mine done last week cost 200 pounds (2 windows + hardtop + softop and frount window strip)

Post some pics mate - would love to see.

tried but is dark and the quality is crap
so will do it im the mornning

Slacey

Will look forward to those Duongs, they will make or break as to whether I get mine done!

BTW, did they manage to do the HT with one piece or two?

Second edit   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

The other reason to cost as to maybe not having it done, is after going to all the trouble of getting those style bars so unique, if I black out the windows no-one will see them!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

Quote from: "duongs"
Quote from: "Slacey"

had mine done last week cost 200 pounds (2 windows + hardtop + softop and frount window strip)
Who did you use  s:?: :?: s:?:  And did they do a decent job of it  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Will look forward to those Duongs, they will make or break as to whether I get mine done!

BTW, did they manage to do the HT with one piece or two?

!

one piece

Anonymous

Anonymous

Looks good mate!

Anonymous

I agree, looks very nice. What grade of window tint have you had done  s:?: :?: s:?:  
I was going to get it done but the police around here have started to get picky over level of darkness & i dont really want points for something so trivial. Funny old thing, i did consider silver on my windows    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Liz

Was going to say, don't come near Southend with those tints on, (not that you would want to anyway!)  about a month ago they were stopping the cruisers as they came into town and if the tint was too dark, they were making them pick it off at the side of the road..one bloke in a metro had a tint that was only letting 5% light in..IMHO that was dangerous. But having said that I do think that it looks nice and I am in no way suggesting that yours is that dark. Gives the car a whole new look.  s:) :) s:)
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"Was going to say, don't come near Southend with those tints on, (not that you would want to anyway!)  about a month ago they were stopping the cruisers as they came into town and if the tint was too dark, they were making them pick it off at the side of the road..one bloke in a metro had a tint that was only letting 5% light in..IMHO that was dangerous. But having said that I do think that it looks nice and I am in no way suggesting that yours is that dark. Gives the car a whole new look.  s:) :) s:)

can they really do that????

the tint i got is the dark smoke which i think is about 30-40%

funny u mention southend as thats the only place i ever got stoped be the police in me old car whict had the same tint as the current one, but they didn't mention anythink about the window tints. they didn't like the space in my number plate between the D and the SU.
  s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

And where did you get the tinted windscreen visor ?

I need something like that for the early morning sun that keeps blinding me just above the rear veiw mirror.

I thought about some 'black spotted' sheet plastic just above the rear view mirror. Some Fords have it as standard above the mirror and blended in down the A pillars.

cheers for any suggestions,
Puggman

Anonymous

Found this somewhere;

QuoteIt's legal to have upto a 25% tint on your windscreen and upto 30% on all other glass. However, be carefull with this (especially windscreen), because most factory standard glass is already tinted. This may only be a 5% tint, but it could mean the difference between a let-off and an on-the-spot fine.

Although front-side windows are treated the same as windscreen I beleive.

Anonymous

Correlated by the Dept of Transport website (http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_roads/documents/page/dft_roads_506860-04.hcsp)

QuoteLight Transmission of Glazing - Summary of requirements
Motor vehicles first used between 1/6/1978 and 31/3/1985 must have windows which allow at least 70% of light to pass through. Motor vehicles first used on or after 1/4/1985 must have windscreens which allow at least 75% of light to pass through - all other windows must admit at least 70% of light.

These requirements do not apply to:

- any part of the windscreen outside the vision reference zone (as defined in C&U# Regulation 32(13));
- windows through which the driver is unable, at any time, to see the road;
- windows in ambulances which are behind the drivers seat;
- windows in buses, goods vehicles, locomotives or motor tractors which are behind the drivers seat (except those which face the rear - as defined by C&U# Regulation 32(12) - or which form all or part of an exterior door); and
- windows in cars which are fitted behind the drivers seat and which bear an e mark indicating type approval to the European glazing Directive 92/22/EC.

Tinted film
C&U# Regulation 32 does not specifically prohibit any window from having a tinted film applied, but a window with a tinted film which takes light transmittance levels below those specified above could be interpreted as contravening the Regulation.

If a vehicle's windows were excessively tinted by the use of stick-on film or a spray, there may be a contravention of C&U# Regulation 30. This requires that all glass or other materials fitted must be maintained in such a condition that it does not obscure the vision of the driver. Again, it does not specifically prohibit those windows from having a tinted film applied, but doing so could be interpreted as contravening the Regulation.

Tags: