Problem free high mileage.

Started by Anonymous, November 13, 2003, 07:28

Anonymous

I would be interested to know who has done the highest mileage with only minor problems along the way guys and girls.

Geoff.   s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Not particularly high yet at 20000, but not a single problem.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

I got almost 20t miles before the engine blew  s8) 8) s8)

More seriously, IIRC, some ppl on SC have already covered over 100t miles without any real problems...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dancarbon

35K with only the usual disc and wheel replacement  s:) :) s:)
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

I've done just over 40k with no probs.
Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

darrenjuggins

Hi 50k, just coming up to service.....

No real problems, just normal warranty issues, but most of them cosmetic.

No engine trouble apart from a exhust change due to a manufactuing defect.

Just normal stuff such as Tyres, nothing else....

seems to be reliable.

Cheers

Mr J

BTW: just took out the extended warranty, seems pretty reasonable, RAC Cover, Club Toyota Membership, free MOT's for £540 notes, which can be paid for interest free monthly over 10 months.....

Been "Assured" its as Manufacturers Warranty.... Piece of mind for Engine and Gearbox!

IMHO...
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

25k, zero problems.

Well, ok, they didn't have any milk for the coffee when I took it in for it's service  s:x :x s:x .

SteveJ

1st '2 ('Y' plate SMT) - 58,000 miles and 1 problem - SMT valve gear leaked - took 6 (!) weeks to fix

2nd '2 ('03' plate SMT) - 14,500 miles and 1 problem - No ABS on rear wheels - 7 months after being reported, still not fixed (including 2 months at Salford technical centre). Car now declared unrepairable by Toyota and being replaced.

OK, so it's probably not the answer you were looking for, but in fairness the 1st car did experience the problem fairly early in it's life and was one of the first SMT's produced. It then went on to do nearly 40,000 miles without further problem.

Let's see what #3 (or should that be #4 if you count the car that didn't quite make it to delivery because they had 'a little accident' in it!) manages when I get it in a couple of weeks!

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies folks.

Geoff.   s:) :) s:)

Tem

Quote from: "SteveJ"No ABS on rear wheels

That reminds me...there was this german guy on Spyderchat, who claimed he had a faulty ABS that kept locking the rears and spun the car if he floored the pedal on curve. No one really believed him there, but thought he just can't drive.

Later he reported that several local MR2's have (/had) the same problem and Toyota was already aware of it.

It must've been on the old board, cause I can't seem to find it. You might find more info on the german Mk3-board, if you're interested. But at least it's more or less common problem and you're not alone  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: