Extended Warranty for modified cars?

Started by Comer, November 13, 2003, 13:13

Comer

I just had a thought.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   We know how Mr T likes our money, well if you went to a dealer and asked for an extended warranty, the chances are they will jam the pen in your hand before you could say modifications.

So would Toyota still be keen to sell an extended warranty to cover non modded parts e.g. engine and gearbox if you have an aftermarket exhaust and induction kit etc?

I'm 2 years off that scenario but there will some of us crossing that bridge soon.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

markiii

I think they'd sell it to you. But the same eexceptions would still apply as per the original.

However, I have heard tell that the extended warranty is dealer only, and not factory supported. In which case you may well be able to get non oem parts covered.

unless i go sillly with engine mods I'll probably take it out anyway just to cover against the engine grenading!

Then again if WD is correct and you can pick up a new engine for the £500 it may be cheaper to just risk it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: