Wrong wheels fitted

Started by Anonymous, March 23, 2007, 23:18

Anonymous

Ok people heres one for you!

I have just brought a full set of 54 plate stock alloys so two 15" x 6j and two 16" x 6.5j wheels took them to a garage to have toyo proxes fitted and left them my '2' so they could put them on and take my stock 15's off.
Simple enough you would think?!?

But it turns out they have fitted the two 16"x 6.5j rears at the back obviously, but one 15"x 6j and one 15" x 6.5j at the front  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

I have sold my 15" wheels and they have picked them up today but rang me back to say they have 3 x 6j wheels and 1 x 6.5j wheel!

I should have noticed but havent   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   and probably wouldn't have if he hadn't said anything but the worrying thing is that the garage actually did this without noticing!!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

markiii

16" are 7" wide not 6.5
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

sorry yeah the rears are 7" but the fronts should be 6" shouldn't they?
so they have put one of my old 15" rears on the front of mine which is why it has a 6.5j

I am right in thinking that the 15's would be 6" at the front and 6.5"
and the later wheels are 6" at the front and 7" rear ???

markiii

yep
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Why would they do that? Why, Why, Why  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

markiii

muppetry, they put my rear wheels on teh front and teh fronts on teh rear, when I had my wheels replaced

but still had teh 185 tyres front and 205 rear

not an entertaining drive

Anonymous

You dont have much luck , do ya  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

so what are you doing to resolve this issue? did you ring the garage yet?
i thought you were looking at some aftermarket wheels aswell  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Been to the garage today and they changed them over free of charge (should think so too!)
so all is ok now!

As for the aftermarket wheels i had the 17" mantis put on and they looked really open because they are a really thin spoke, they just didn't look right and then i spotted a 54 plate set at the right price on Ebay so i had them and put Toyo's all round!

Tags: