Warranty Paranoia

Started by Anonymous, November 15, 2003, 15:49

Anonymous

Some advice needed gentlemen (and ladies)....   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

My '2' is going in to ToyotaWorld Cardiff to have the interior rattles done under warranty next week.  Do I need to put the stock airbox back on (in place of the current Apexi)  before it goes in  s:?: :?: s:?:  

I know I sound paranoid but I find myself wondering if they "note" these types of mods on the warranty register and use it to kick out a future claim if they think it's related   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

<checks over his shoulder to see who's watching>

Any thoughts??

Slacey

Well if they do, I'm knackered!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it - my dealer has called my car in twice for warranty work off their own bat, and it's well known there for it's 'uniqueness'   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Well if they do, I'm knackered!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

LOL - They would prob run out of fax paper before the complete list of your mods came through Sean    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

heathstimpson

I put my 03 in last week for interior rattles and it came out worse than it went in.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  And after they spent about £400 on parts...   s:( :( s:(  The worse one seems to be coming from the glovebox lock.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I put my 03 in last week for interior rattles and it came out worse than it went in.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  And after they spent about £400 on parts...   s:( :( s:(  The worse one seems to be coming from the glovebox lock.

I got the same from the same dealer mate... annoying aint it. My service is due in a few weeks so will get them to put it all right, and if im not happy then it will be back again!

Tags: