mr2 a girlie car??

Started by freak_in_cage, April 3, 2007, 15:36

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "spit"Although I'm now harbouring images of Aaron in a latex catsuit ... which may be too big a price to pay  s:? :? s:?    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Oh dear - I'm sorry Ste, nobody should have to have that as a mental image!
No way i can sleep now!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

*fap fap fap*

ChrisGB

Quote from: "spit"Whats a hairdresser?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Somthing I aint needed in a long time  s8) 8) s8)  

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

neilbro39

I've had the 'hairdresser' comments, but mainly from people driving 7 seater family cars etc! Bit of jealousy me thinks. People who appreciate cars have commented about how good the MR2 looks and drives (and mine is standard) Subarus etc. are great but look at insurance/fuel costs also.
I think by posting your comments you already know you want one so just do it and laugh the silly comments off.
By the way, silver is way too common. Get a black one and polish it til it gleams  s:D :D s:D  

m http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/ ... inyMR2.jpg m
2000, Astral black, Razo gear knob, gutted pre-cats, otherwise as Mr T intended it!

ChrisGB

Quote from: "neilbro39"By the way, silver is way too common. Get a black one and polish it til it gleams  s:D :D s:D  

m http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/ ... inyMR2.jpg m

Silver is the best colour for sure. Black, polish it every 10 minutes or it looks grubby  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Chris_h

Don't deny yourself a great car by worrying that its a tad 'girly'.

So called 'hairdressers' have never had it so good, Ford Pumas (especiall the Racing), MX-5s and MR2's are some of my fave cars!

Oh - and take note of ChrisGB's advice, silver is the way to go   s8) 8) s8)   no swirls and never looks too dirty.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

freak_in_cage

thanks for all the replies

gotta agree its onlya girls car until you drive it like a man would.

i quite like silver, although im not too sure on red seats with it!

anyone any experience against an integra type r???

Anonymous

Quote from: "freak_in_cage"gotta agree its onlya girls car until you drive it like a man would.

Im sure Liz and the other ladies will have some choice replies to that statement!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

Anonymous

Try asking a girl to get her luggage in one (Sorry Ladies...)

Buy one, you won't be dissapointed and revel in the fact that you won't come near to paying out anywhere near as much as your typical scooby or evo owner pays for insurance, petrol, wife beater tops etc etc  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

muffdan

Quote from: "freak_in_cage"anyone any experience against an integra type r???

not really, but then I don't slow down to have a look while I'm passing 'em!

The MR2 is a fantastic car, the best car I've owned and driven and I did have a BMW M3. Ok, so I've modded my car, but even stock it was fantastic.

The MR2's party piece is its handling and as you've said, there's far more fun to be had on a twisty road than there is in a straight line.

I can guarantee if you buy one you won't regret it! It is also a good base car to start modding if you want even better handling and true straight line speed.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a hair dresser driving a '2, do we even have any in the club?!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

dreambackup

last time I heard that expression, it was coming out the mouth of an american driving a Jetta VR6  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

don't trust people who haven't even put their backside in a mk3 MR Roadster...

drive one, push it hard, decide for yourself if it take some balls to drive it even harder because you can  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

now, having said that, girls love the MR-S and it's a good way to meet new faces.

so, in some weird twisted ways, it's a car for girls  s8) 8) s8)
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

Girls car?  Boys car?

Neither...it's a driver's car!  When you own a car that drives like a '2, it doesn't matter what people say about it...you'll be nowhere near to hear them!  You'll be on the twistiest road you can find...!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Try out the competition...if that's what you like, then that's what you should have...we're probably all biased anyway...!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

enid_b

Quote from: "muffdan"Come to think of it, I've never seen a hair dresser driving a '2, do we even have any in the club?!

not needed in these parts, im a bit shall we say, folically challenged !

s:D :D s:D
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

I've got all my own hair   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Haaaaaah to the rest of yeas
SLAPHEADS

Buy one there great, buy one in yellow there even better!!

RacingSnake

Gaaa! My hairdresser used to have an MR2 (Mk1 I think) & she's a girly - what a sterotype   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  There is now worryingly a Lotus Elise parked in the alleyway next to the wig-snippers shop!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  (thought their prices were a bit steep!).

Gofaster

Girly? I don't know... Girly magnet, o yes!   s8) 8) s8)   Your friends will be green in the face if they see how your 2 turns heads...    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Strange how the "men's" cars eat my dust on the back roads...   s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
" No Honey, thats always been on my car"

celmacmat

The MR2 Roadster is not in my opinion "girlie".

As BananaHammock said, it is a drivers' car, either you can handle it or you can't.

Nelix is right to point out that not Every Girl drive like miss daisy...I don't remeber holding every one back the last time i went for a drive with the "Boys"   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  and i don't think Liz is one to hang around either   s:D :D s:D  

As KJ said...buy a Yellow...IMO the best color   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

Anonymous

embrace your female side and love the car lol

Liz

Quote from: "H20OLF"Try asking a girl to get her luggage in one (Sorry Ladies...)

There will be an element of females who buy the car because it looks nice, fair dos, however luggage was not a consideration when I bought my first one, my first was modded heavily and my 2nd one has been as well and Celine is right, I don't hang around - within legal limits of course!
And you can get loads of Tesco shopping inside anyway.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"And you can get loads of Tesco shopping inside anyway.

That's what my passenger seat is for...!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Silverman

Quote from: "simonp"Hmmm Girlie - yeah that's original.
These comments always come from people who have never driven one.

I'll say one thing:

5 EVO Stars

Still think it's girly?

Why are we so touchy about this?  Simonp makes the right sort of point.

You don't get 5 stars in the EVO  sports car section for driving a pram around!![/b]
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Chris

It seems to be a common afliction of all drop tops that they get called girly - check out the fast fleet report in last months evo - even the 350z roadster comes in for a bit of stick...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

freak_in_cage

man i have pressed a few buttons on here lol

i think many ppl see it as a posers car! (as with most convertables!)

i would say the mx5 (although perhaps considered a more proper sports car with its traditional long bonnet) is even more girlie

although i wouldn;t drive a pink 2, my self image and personality isn;t so insecure as to be put off from driving an excellent drivers car (95% of drivrs dont appreciate its pure potential) by its image or the thoughts of other drivers.

We can change the trend/image of the 2 by driving safely, avoiding the latest fashion advice from Aaeron (  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) and showing up far more "masculine" cars on the twisties!

Tags: