help needed on sale of wheels

Started by Anonymous, November 18, 2003, 22:01

Anonymous

can anybody suggest any wheel dealers that buy sets of alloys?
i have tried advertising but am not having much luck,and i need to get rid of them.(they are not dodgey as i have the reciept)

Slacey

I don't think I have heard of anyone who buys wheels wholesale in the Midlands - did you put them on eBay? If you didn't, that's always worth a try - I can get AnnMarie to list them in her eBay shop if you like - she has serious feedback so always looks like a good seller!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

When I was looking around at some wheel restoring firms, I found that some of them buy used wheels. So that might be worth a try? You could try advertising them here, but both Markiii and I have have done just that recently, and not sold them. Perhaps in the run up to Christmas people are less inclined to buy such things?

My wheels are on ebay at the moment, no bids as yet, but 300+ views, so someone must be interested...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Liz

Are they the stock wheels? sorry being ignorant here!?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Slacey

Quote from: "Liz"Are they the stock wheels? sorry being ignorant here!?
Jon isn't on here much, so I'll stab a guess - I'm sure I remember him saying they weren't stock, but I can't be sure - I'll ring him and ask.

Comer

He does mention a receipt in his original post so I'm guessing that they are aftermarket wheels.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Maybe the ones in his sig?

17" bk299 black chrome alloys

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Slacey

Quote from: "bigun007"Maybe the ones in his sig?

17" bk299 black chrome alloys

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Nope, see here - a set of stock wheels and some others.

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1512

dancarbon

I can only imagine that any company that would buy the wheels would offer next to nothing for them!

eBay, findit.co.uk, papershop windows, local papers I would suggest. Or sell them cheap on here  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Have you tried flogging them on MR2DC or IMOC as my stock wheels were bought by a Mk1 owner off one of those sites  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

sorry i havnt replied sooner, been snowed under at work.
tried on ebay and on here,also local bargain pages and shop windows but just get people messing me about,saying they want then and then never turn up.
the main ones are not stock they are aftermarket,but i did advertise to get rid of my stock wheels,again no joy.
awe well just keep trying,thanks for all you suggestions.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

There seems to be something about selling wheels at the moment. noting is shifting at all.

And ebay, yikes how many more muppets are going to email me asking if they will fit there NOVA, I've listed the specs why can't they do some work aswell?

Jon, If you get to the point where your price on the stocks drop let me know. If the are cheap enough I'm still looking.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"And ebay, yikes how many more muppets are going to email me asking if they will fit there NOVA, I've listed the specs why can't they do some work aswell?

Just say that fitting to Nova requires some mods and you'll get rid of them  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: