Dan is a star (marks MK1 thread)

Started by markiii, April 26, 2007, 23:39

markiii

That is all

your imaginations can run riot until tommorow, as I'm knackered and off to bed

suffice to say thanks to Dan for giving up 7 hours of his evening to help me out.
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Your impotence is cured?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Chris_h

Quote from: "nelix"Your impotence is cured?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:D :D s:D  he must be good. 7 hours at plumber's rates....
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

And just to add some more curiosity to the situation, I'm really, really tired this morning.  s;) ;) s;)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"And just to add some more curiosity to the situation, I'm really, really tired this morning.  s;) ;) s;)
Sounds like a good night was had by all   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Did you drop the oil to Mark's Dan  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

so you proved you are good at pulling then Dan  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "Ekona"And just to add some more curiosity to the situation, I'm really, really tired this morning.  s;) ;) s;)

So you actually did some work for a change?  s;) ;) s;)   7hrs on your hands & knees?...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "aaronjb"

So you actually did some work for a change?  s;) ;) s;)   7hrs on your hands & knees?...

reminds me of an old GF that   s:D :D s:D
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

right, so heres the story

Dan and I spent the evening with a trailer going to fetch this (and put the world to rights in the process, but thats another story  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

following an inspired or foolish ebay purchase I am know teh proud owner of

obviously I felt the need for a project, with teh house and roadster and work just not keeping me busy enough  :-) :-) :-)

she seems fairly sound engine runs, gearbox has no major issues, and the interior is near mint.

not bad for 20 years old  :-) :-) :-)

usual rust spots, and certain parts have been painted in household gloss (don't ask) however for the less than a good night on teh beer it's either an inspired purchase or a money pit, depending on how you look at it.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "aaronjb"

reminds me of an old GF that   s:D :D s:D
Mark you must have some stamina  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

aaronjb

Good lord Mark - you just can't get enough work, can you  s;) ;) s;)

So does this mean plans for the Roadster are on hold until you've done.. whatever you're about to do to the Mk1?

And how are we going to fit the Nissan in there now....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  (Yeah, I know.. if I ever find the cash to fix it  s;) ;) s;) )
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

for what it cost this is a very long term project or a short term breaker for profit (if closer inspection shows more issues)

Nissan offer is still open just get the cash and parts and let me know

roadster is  still a work in progrerss, i.e chargecooler

and roadster project x is still in teh locate parts stage

want more, just bought the worlds cheapest 2zz with bent valves, which is another long term scrounge up teh parts cheap job  :-) :-) :-)

roger

Best of luck mate. I guess Chris wasn't involved in the decision   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Will you get it to the Classic Car Show with the Mk1 Club on 6 May ??
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

philster_d

hehe the Markkiii mr2 cup challenge, you just need a MK2 now for the set.

Im jealous as the MK1 is the only flavour of MR2 I have never owned.

Philster.

markiii

Quote from: "roger"Best of luck mate. I guess Chris wasn't involved in the decision   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Will you get it to the Classic Car Show with the Mk1 Club on 6 May ??

no hope in hell it has no MOT or TAX and isn't likely to pass one in a hurry  :-) :-) :-)

actually I consulted Chris and she was cool so long as it's not in bits all over the drive  :-) :-) :-)

got her well trained  :-) :-) :-)

markiii

Quote from: "philster_d"hehe the Markkiii mr2 cup challenge, you just need a MK2 now for the set.

I'm jealous as the MK1 is the only flavour of MR2 I have never owned.

Philster.

don't tempt me  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Brings back memories, had one of those on a d plate for eleven years, loved it  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  
Best of luck  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

I still can't believe just how clean that is inside!

Oh, and OMFG do I ache like something chronic this morning! Still, was worth every minute if only to hear how Mark The Dictator would solve the UKs problems in two easy steps  s;) ;) s;)

markiii

Quote from: "Ekona"I still can't believe just how clean that is inside!

Oh, and OMFG do I ache like something chronic this morning! Still, was worth every minute if only to hear how Mark The Dictator would solve the UKs problems in two easy steps  s;) ;) s;)

I'm right though:-)

just been out ot put the battery on charge, and there were no bolts holding teh bonnet on  s:-( :-( s:-(

lucky it didn't fly off on teh way home.

Anonymous

Y'know, I did wonder why the bonnet was open when we got there...!

markiii

the front one. not teh engine lid  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Eek, that's even bigger!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

That'll teach you for buying a car that's not even in triple figures  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Can i take it then that the sellers front door was made of glass?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

No, rust.

loadswine

Very interesting little purchase that. Have to get an orange tan and then you can have your own TV show as well!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
"BARGAIN HUNTER"
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: