Dan is a star (marks MK1 thread)

Started by markiii, April 26, 2007, 23:39

edward.carter

Very nice and what a great choice of colour. I do love a mint MKI they still look really good. Seen a couple this week.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"Oh, and OMFG do I ache like something chronic this morning! Still, was worth every minute if only to hear how Mark The Dictator would solve the UKs problems in two easy steps  s;) ;) s;)

you do know your meant to use that 4x4 thing of yours to tow the car and not a rope slung over your shoulder  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

bloody hell Mark, that thing looks like its had a ton of paint stripper thrown over it  s:? :? s:?  your gonna have your work cut out with that one
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

rtbiscuit

are body work is not to difficult, you just have to have the right tools to remove the paint,

like an industrial flame thrower   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

good choice there mark, which engine is it, is it the v6 that they did, or the 2 litre, or is it a turbo tiger.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

markiii

1.6 na
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"is it the v6 that they did, or the 2 litre, or is it a turbo tiger.

The Mk1 didn't come with any of those engines...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "rtbiscuit"is it the v6 that they did, or the 2 litre, or is it a turbo tiger.

But this one might knowing Mark!

Simon

Anonymous

Great buy Mark, I'd really like a MK1 myself. I've very nearly bought one twice in the last 6 months or so! I only resisted because I've only got a single garage and would want to garage them both but if the right one came along you never know  s:) :) s:)

What are your plans for it, restoration to original spec or modified?

I'd really like a completely standard car in original or restored mint condition.

Anonymous

Actually, i think hes only bought it to use as a paint tester before decorating his lounge!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

LOL

Steve, tbh the sum of the parts is worth more than I paid for it, so worst case I'll break it.

However parts of it are so mint that would be a shame, however on inspection it needs four new wings and a paint job so I'm not sure if restoration is viable.

will know more once it's all cleaned down and I've checked under it.

the interior even has teh original stereo , which I'm told still works  s8) 8) s8)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Best of luck with it Mark!

I for one would be really interested to know how you get on with it  s:) :) s:)  Could you post a quick update on here know and again?

Cheers,

Steve

markiii

no problem  :-) :-) :-)

Liz

I've got some red polish - want me to bring it along tomorrow?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

If you think thats going to polish out, you'll need a bed as well  :-) :-) :-)

but why not lets see how well teh paint will come up  :-) :-) :-)

Liz

I will add it to my little bag of things to bring - I will even do the polishing!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

You never offer to polish my car!

Good luck Mark, is this to take your mind off the lounge  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

The only car I ever owned I could describe as "mint" ..was like a polo.......

rtbiscuit

can't wait to have a look at this next time i'm up to visit.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

markiii

right then a little update

after fitting Sis lowering springs and talking Liz into a car washing session (cheers Liz)

I thought I'd have a play.

electrics work, everything, windows, mirrors, stereo, lights, and even those pop up headlights, proper sportscars should have pop up headlights  s:-( :-( s:-(

bloody Brussels

only prob is teh handbrake light is permanently on.

next I pressure washed it all down,, amazing how much dirt, mildew and general rubbish came off.

better still so did most of teh white gloss paint  :-) :-) :-)  whats left looks like it will lift with a steamer, shame the silly sod tried paint remover as the bonnet needs a respray either way due to that  s:-( :-( s:-(

took her for a quick blat up and down my private road, and she seems very peppy for a tired 1.6.

exhaust looks in good nick and fairly new.

engine bay is in great nick and bar surface rust the rear chasis members and suspension looks ok.

the bad news is all wheel arhes are rust traps and need doing, and so does a seriosuly bad bit near teh rear drivers side sill, not sure if it's structural yet.

So still not sure if it's economic to repair but lookng very good for the money. Wonder if it will pass an MOT

pics to follow then you can tell me if it will.

northernalex

I would have a word with ROC N Roadster.. he's had more MK1s than we've had speeding tickts.. combined....
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

markiii

right a couple of hours research later it seems,

front wings are bolt on, new ones being £103 each from MrT

rear wings are actually 1 piece rear quaters and are spot welded on, so will be a bigger pain  s:-( :-( s:-(

northernalex

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"

But this one might knowing Mark!

Simon

You could get them with superchargers standard
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Mark mr2dc have a press for making all the wheel arches, (or thy did years ago) worth asking Celine.

aaronjb

Quote from: "northernalex"You could get them with superchargers standard

Yep.. still not one of the options that Rich listed, though  s;) ;) s;)

[edit] SCs are also import-only, not UK AFAIK.. In the UK we only got the NA version.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

northernalex

Quote from: "northernalex"You could get them with superchargers standard

Yep.. still not one of the options that Rich listed, though  s;) ;) s;)

LOL true... lets flame rich!  s:) :) s:)

EDIT: I know they are import only... SC that is.. Roc N Roadster's dad has one.
evileye_xc said:

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"rear wings are actually 1 piece rear quaters and are spot welded on, so will be a bigger pain  s:-( :-( s:-(

Definitely cheaper places around than MrT for front wings.. I'm also sure I've seen people use rear arches off other cars to graft in and repair..

Seem to remember Nissan Sunny and possibly Fiesta arches as being options  s:? :? s:?  I could be wrong on the cars, mind  s;) ;) s;)

markiii

Quote from: "markiii"rear wings are actually 1 piece rear quaters and are spot welded on, so will be a bigger pain  s:-( :-( s:-(

Definitely cheaper places around than MrT for front wings.. I'm also sure I've seen people use rear arches off other cars to graft in and repair..

Seem to remember Nissan Sunny and possibly Fiesta arches as being options  s:? :? s:?  I could be wrong on the cars, mind  s;) ;) s;)

yep but since the fronts are bolt n, best option is replace and be done with.

next job get a welder  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: