Air-con: How useful in the '2??

Started by andywood, May 14, 2007, 19:19

Liz

Didn't have it in my first '2 so therefore didn't miss it, now I do miss the climate control I had in the Boxster - that was pucker - set the temp and the car did the rest via a large temperature sensor on the passenger side, very Gucci.   I have aircon in my current one, must say I do like it for the quick demisting - very useful.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

One question, how silly does a soft top look on a gorgeous day with the top up?
Sunburn?, pah sir use sunscreen, pollution?, pah sir, die young and leave a good looking corpse (rt can ignore the die young bit, second part wont apply anyway  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) demisting? pah sir, use a cloth or the famous Nelix mint/wife/punch option.
I rest my case  s8) 8) s8)

Chris_h

Southern fairies   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

it costs money and buggers up fuel economy, that ruled it out for this tightwad - and the fact that the car I liked didn't have it.

Its a nice to have on the 2, but a pre requisite on the tin top for me.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

ChrisGB

Quote from: "nelix"One question, how silly does a soft top look on a gorgeous day with the top up?

Less silly than human beetroot?

Quote from: "nelix"Sunburn?, pah sir use sunscreen,

Folks here, you need to know sunscreen is not necessarily going to protect you from the dreaded malignant melanoma. Don't want any more lumps chopped out of me, so I am going to wimp out on this one.

Quote from: "nelix"pollution?, pah sir, die young and leave a good looking corpse (rt can ignore the die young bit, second part wont apply anyway  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) demisting? pah sir, use a cloth or the famous Nelix mint/wife/punch option.
I rest my case  s8) 8) s8)

Pollution, I live on the stuff. Die young, too late. Good looking corpse, well OK I can do that, I will find someone good looking to murder. Use a cloth, soft shandy drinking approach IMO, use your bare hands man.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

You need to buy a tintop with tinted windows then, quick  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "nelix"One question, how silly does a soft top look on a gorgeous day with the top up?

I frequently wonder WTF people are thinking, driving along in any convertable on a sunny day with the top up. double if it's a 2 or the like.

rtbiscuit

well i'm used to my last car that had a sun roof and i remember being stuck on the m25 in traffic last summer on one of those scorcher days, had the windows open the sunroof open, air vents on (set to cold, but the air was still hot)

remember saying my next car will have air con, as i watched an s2000 with the roof up buzz past.

will have to see how this summer goes, am looking forward to going topless. but i'm a hardened farmer boy, and me dads from yorkshire.

so it should be no problem, especially as my 2 has not got it.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"but i'm a hardened farmer boy, and me dads from yorkshire.

so it should be no problem, especially as my 2 has not got it.

Eee bye gum, a man at last  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

rtbiscuit

always been a farmers boy, and still farm in my summers now.

Previous cars:

Anonymous

What mods have you got on the combine arverster?

ChrisGB

Quote from: "nelix"You need to buy a tintop with tinted windows then, quick  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Nah, love the feel of the wind in where my hair used to be too much. Back on topic though, the aircon really is a bonus if you are going to drive top up in the summer. I find that sat in traffic on really hot days, having the roof down is like sitting in an oven.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

Try sitting on a bike in helmet and leathers  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Its called rough with the smooth  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spynish

Quote from: "Ekona"I always said you didn't need it in a convertible, but it would have been lovely on those stupidly hot days we get two of every year.

Here there some more of two, so air cond is a must, even driving top down on summer...

Anonymous

Quote from: "spynish"
Quote from: "Ekona"I always said you didn't need it in a convertible, but it would have been lovely on those stupidly hot days we get two of every year.

Here there some more of two, so air cond is a must, even driving top down on summer...

Rub it in, why dont you  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

rtbiscuit

i had 2 tractors to drive, one with air con (i love that tractor)

the other without (i don't love it so much) because on a really hot day when your filling on the move from the combine, you cant have the windows open otherwise you get choked with dust, so you sit inside the cabin and cook.  s:? :? s:?

Previous cars:

Anonymous

Quote from: "nelix"What mods have you got on the combine arverster?

That was a rhetorical question mate  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

ChrisGB

Quote from: "nelix"Try sitting on a bike in helmet and leathers  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Its called rough with the smooth  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Did that for a lot of years. Reckon the lid was what did for my hair.

Chris

Anonymous

Thread drift:-

Craig, can't help but to say you no longer are awaiting my eagle emblems are you?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

broudie

Quote from: "simontan75"Thread drift:-

Craig, can't help but to say you no longer are awaiting my eagle emblems are you?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Drift from thread drift:

Simon, I think I really like your bling speaker surrounds

enid_b

has anyone seen a 2 with the hard top on in the summer?

(put mine back on yesterday morning due to long range forecast predicting pleut beaucoups)

it looks really funny as the car is immaculate on the outside, and the hard top is a different shade of grey as it has had 4 months dust accumulating on it.

i do love my aircon, i dont use it often, apart from the recommended 10 minutes a month to keep it healthy.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

Quote from: "broudie"
Quote from: "simontan75"Thread drift:-

Drift from thread drift:

Simon, I think I really like your bling speaker surrounds

You will get them one day.

andywood

so in summary then.....

those who 'think' they are real tough 'all elements' soft top owners opt for no a/c

the rest are just soft/sensible/southern (delete as applicable)
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

northernalex

Quote from: "andywood"so in summary then.....

those who  are real tough 'all elements' soft top owners opt for no a/c

the rest are just soft southern

Deleted the required parts  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

tonigmr2

Must admit I made it a pre-requisite when looking around for my MK3 recently - nothing better than being cool in a hot traffic jam, having the lid down isn't quite the same.
T
Yellow 55 with hardtop and aircon!

freak_in_cage

i went for it- in part cos its nice to have the option and it wont add much to the price, but it seems its desirable so selling on will be easier.

believe it as a £900 extra, but if you see the ar of your dreams dirt cheap you could prob have it fitted after?? believe someone was quated about £950 by mr t for this.

Tags: