Leakage

Started by Anonymous, November 24, 2003, 14:30

Anonymous

phil4, look at your Avatar  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cartell"phil4, look at your Avatar  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Ok, I fess up, you caught me... it's red too, and I knew.

Tem

Quote from: "elfin"Alright, hands up if anyone has encountered this before?

*hands up*

When I put the car asleep for the first winter, I didn't get the moisture eater in time. The car stood still for some 4-6 weeks, don't really remember too well.

Anyway, moisture build up inside the car and the top froze with tiny icicles just like in your pic. I'm 100% sure I didn't have a leak, cause when I used a heat blower to dry the car and got the moisture eater, they never appeared again.

Is it possible that your carpets or some are very wet, keeping the interior moist all the time? I wouldn't worry about the odd dripmarks on the doors, I get a few drops in there every time I open the door when it's raining or the car is wet from previous rain.

Just guessing of course, but if I were you, I'd doublecheck the carpets and even under them for moist/water. If you found any, that's most likely the cause. Dry the car up and make sure you keep the heater blowing at your feet at all times during rainy/moist weather. Otherwise it will build up again.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "elfin"Alright, hands up if anyone has encountered this before?

Anyway, moisture build up inside the car and the top froze with tiny icicles just like in your pic. I'm 100% sure I didn't have a leak, cause when I used a heat blower to dry the car and got the moisture eater, they never appeared again.

Is it possible that your carpets or some are very wet, keeping the interior moist all the time? I wouldn't worry about the odd dripmarks on the doors, I get a few drops in there every time I open the door when it's raining or the car is wet from previous rain.

Just guessing of course, but if I were you, I'd doublecheck the carpets and even under them for moist/water. If you found any, that's most likely the cause. Dry the car up and make sure you keep the heater blowing at your feet at all times during rainy/moist weather. Otherwise it will build up again.

You know Tem, thats the most plausible answer I've had. Thank you!
Its safe to say its not happened again since the pics were taken. Like today we've had terrible weather, constant rain overnight and the roof was completely waterproof.
The car didnt have any moisture inside the windscreen which was strange (possibly due to the changes made by Mr T)
I'll switch over the heater setting to dry the carpets just in case too.

Tags: