phpBB Garage is here!

Started by aaronjb, June 8, 2007, 00:18

aaronjb

Yes, folks, it's the moment you have all been waiting for.

Granted some of you might not have known it..

On Friday (8th June, 2007) evening at 10pm we will be taking the board down for an hour or so to add spangly new functionality to the forum in the shape of an online Garage.

If you want to see a what functionality it will have then have a look at  m http://www.phpbbgarage.com/phpBB3/ m  - although we will not be moving to phpBB3 just yet, so the look and feel will be quite different.

Suffice to say you will all be able to create your own Garage (we are allowing one vehicle for now), add pictures, modifications to your vehicle, insurance details, dyno plots and quarter mile times.

Exciting, no?

There will be a few other little tweaks to try and reduce our database size by limiting some useless search terms from appearing in the database, and to try and stem the automated spam-bot signups, but nothing that should be apparent to you all - of course if you do spot anything after the fact, post up in Feedback and I'll get right on it.

I expect the down-time to last no longer than an hour (unless something horribly unexpected happens!) from 10pm, so we should be back up and running by 11pm.

But you'll all be out on the beers anyway, right?  Or, as they say over on SpyderChat - just go drive your dman cars!  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Ernie Ball

That is cool.

Thanks Aaron and other mods!

broudie

Wow this is a great feature! Hats off to you aaron!

ninjinski

V cool mate nice one!!!!!!!!
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

SimonC_Here

Got your backups in place??   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Should be good.

Simon

Anonymous

'Bout bloody time.

s;) ;) s;)

spit

Can't wait ... but I still have no idea how it works  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Aaron, you're a star.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

thats why you need an Aaron,

Sean and I were neither of us comfortable enough, so we press ganged teh expertise  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Nice one Aaron.

Not so nice one Mark, i now have a horrible image in my mind of you and Stu "press ganging" aaron.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

markiii

and a s if thats not bad enough you just had to share with trh ret of us  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

cheers Craig  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

And just a reminder - this will be happening very shortly!

Hold on to your hats, folks.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

aaronjb

And we are all done folks!

The Garage is here  s:) :) s:)

If you find any problems, post up (in Feedback) and I'll get right on them ASAP.

The eagle eyed among you may notice a Spell Checking option in the post window - that's, erm, not meant to be there yet  s;) ;) s;)  So er.. it'll be disappearing in a moment!

Anonymous

Thank god for that, the cow's bloody ugly!

And I have FF to spell check for me  s8) 8) s8)

SimonC_Here

Added my car, will sort out my mods some what later.

Tried to add Toyota dealership as a new person to buy things off and got an error. Stupidly didn't write it down so no idea what is was now. I sound like a user....  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Added Dev though!

Simon

loadswine

I'd just like to say thanks Aaron for sorting this out.   s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

rtbiscuit

this is grand, i shall now be removing my imoc garage!  s:D :D s:D
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "loadswine"I'd just like to say thanks Aaron for sorting this out.   s8) 8) s8)
Ditto; top dog  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

BenF

Its a great modification, good to see here too - Nice work Aaron.

Nice features include being able to produce tables of cars like power, 1/4 mile, most spent etc (although this can be a shock once you've entered all your modifications!)

I know Esmond is hard at work on phpBB3 based developments  s:) :) s:)
Chargecooled PE Turbo, Unichip, TRD Front brace, Corky's Breastplate, Tein SS springs.

broudie

added my car. Great vehicles guys!

spit

Nice work Aaron.

You need to spend more money broudie  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

broudie

Quote from: "spit"Nice work Aaron.

You need to spend more money broudie  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Its on order  s;) ;) s;)

red_leicester

Nice work Aaron.  Looks excellent!

(Noticed a "VXR220" - whatever one of those is - top of the 'Most Rated' list... so a quick "un point" has dropped this interloper out of the top 5   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:P :P s:P  )
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Jigwar

Which lucky one of us has taken theirs to the moon and back........

Steve
Jigwar
Past: \'51 plate
Present: \'06 plate TTET\'ed

SimonC_Here

Anyone else a little shocked when you see all your mods listed with price and see how much you've spent!

Now I've got to hide the page from Jess.

Simon

roger

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Anyone else a little shocked when you see all your mods listed with price and see how much you've spent!

Now I've got to hide the page from Jess.

Simon

Yes!! And I haven't finished yet.

Not telling Alison anything about this add-on   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Already spent more than a turbo cost - and she said I couldn't have that because we had "better" things to spend our money on.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: