phpBB Garage is here!

Started by aaronjb, June 8, 2007, 00:18

Liz

Quote from: "Jigwar"Which lucky one of us has taken theirs to the moon and back........

Steve

Well that would be mine then, as the name would say on it!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    Will amend - not even started on the mods yet!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Just for the record guys, if you find that you've put a mod in and then it disppears, this may be due to me: I've now got sole control over the day-to-day editing of what people put in, and for the most part I'm approving 99% of them. Occasionally I change one (for example if someone has tried to put Silverstone Performance in again when there's already a listing for them), and even less rarely I reject one completely as it's obviously wrong. Given that I'm currently getting 10  PMs per hour automatically generated by the system I really haven't got the time to reply to each and every person who's listing I change slightly (although I will do this in the future when there's not so many people adding stuff all the time).

I apologise now if I've already messed something up for someone, but you can only imagine what a slow process this is. If you feel that I've changed/deleted your listing wrongly, then please PM me directly and we'll sort it out this end (well, either I'll let you re-submit it or I'll pester Aaron to change it if I've really cocked it up  s;) ;) s;)  ).

Thanks for bearing with us on this.

Dan

SimonC_Here

Oh... Auto PM's   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

This could be fun...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Simon

aaronjb

No abusing Dan  s;) ;) s;)

I can always ban people from the Garage   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Liz

Thats where my Dyno print went then - no worries I will put it back later.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I thought I approved yours Liz? Certainly I don't remember taking it off the default 'approval' setting in the drop-down box...

Still, anything's possible, so sorry!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Is there a restiction to how many photos we can have in the garage, ive only got three but when i try to add another it keeps saying the threshold is met and that i need to delete another!

aaronjb

There is a restriction to how many you can have hosted by ROC, yes - but it should be 5, not 3..

You should be able to add further photos as long as you link to offsite images for now, and I'll check it out when I get home.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

well suppose it doesnt matter then, i was going to try and post a picture relating to each mod, some 50 or so!

SimonC_Here

Host em on imageshack or some place and you can have as many as you want!

Simon

aaronjb

Actually there's a limit for off-site images too - but it's much easier for us to increase that as we don't need to think about disk space or bandwidth  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

For ease i was taking my images from my laptop but i do have these images saved in a photobucket album!

Anonymous

Glad you all like it!! You can not imagine the hours/days/weeks/months of effort that have gone into it!!

Oh and running 1.2.0 which is still BETA live   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Anyway on phpBB.com is accepting MODs again it will be submitted and get the BETA removed. Do not forget if you guys find error running it to let me know so all sites can get bugs fixed.

Enjoy your garage ... was written for a MR2 site so good to see it here!!

aaronjb

'lo Esmond  s:) :) s:)

When I fix bugs I'll post up on the phpBBGarage forum and let you know with a diff, which should make things easy for you  s;) ;) s;)

In fact, I've got one I should post up tonight.

kanujunkie

Hi Esmond,

many thanks for creating this little gem, just hope the wife never looks at it though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"Hi Esmond,

many thanks for creating this little gem, just hope the wife never looks at it though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Send me £100 a month Stu, or she gets a pm with a link  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

£50 a month and I ban nelix's PM privileges  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"£50 a month and I ban nelix's PM privileges  s;) ;) s;)

£100 a month not to Aaron, and Stu's price goes to £250  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Oops, back on topic guys  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Aaron, is it possible to edit the cost of the mods? I used a £ sign at first, and these show up as zero cost.
Makes me look like a tight Scottish git  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Enter Ekona stage left, revenge for a certain picture in mind.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

You should be able to edit your own modifications - from your garage page, do you have a pencil icon to the right hand side of the modifications column?

That'll take you to the edit page.

If not then I can edit them (as can moderators)

Anonymous

Thanks, found it now, doh!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

VVT-i

The garage looks really good.. top job guys.

I've had 16 views, and not one person has rated it yet..   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:D :D s:D
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"'lo Esmond  s:) :) s:)

When I fix bugs I'll post up on the phpBBGarage forum and let you know with a diff, which should make things easy for you  s;) ;) s;)

In fact, I've got one I should post up tonight.

Cool... although placing in the bugtracker would be even better!!  m http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/bugs/index.php m  is the URL ... sorry for thread hijack!!

VVT-i

OMG!!

Vehicle     2005 Toyota MR Spyder
Engine Type    4 Cylinder Naturally Aspirated
Colour    Black
Updated    Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 pm
Mileage    0
Purchased Price    0
Total Mods    23
Total Spent    3810
Total Views    23
Rating    7.71 / 10

I still haven't added the 500 quid the ICE just cost me and there are a couple of things I can't remember the cost of...  mounts up eh!.. Like a few of you, I better not let my wife see this   s:D :D s:D  

OH!.. and whoever rated my car.... 7 out of 10???? c'mon.. it's a least a 9.9   s8) 8) s8)
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Jigwar

Quote from: "VVT-i"OMG!!

Vehicle     2005 Toyota MR Spyder
Engine Type    4 Cylinder Naturally Aspirated
Colour    Black
Updated    Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 pm
Mileage    0
Purchased Price    0
Total Mods    23
Total Spent    3810
   s8) 8) s8)

But you got a bargain 0 miler!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:) :) s:)
Jigwar
Past: \'51 plate
Present: \'06 plate TTET\'ed

Tags: