Good Buy??????????

Started by uktotty, June 8, 2007, 18:37

uktotty

Full Description:
Manual, 33,000 miles, Silver, ABS, Dvd Player includes on dash removable screen, 17" Alloy wheels, top of the range Cliford Alarm, drivers airbag. Car is in excellent conditon. 33000 miles . £6,000

Anonymous

Sounds like a good buy. Dont like the alloys look like they came of a bling bling hummer.

Anonymous

Year? Is it an import?

uktotty

Dont think so bud I think its a UK car.
He doesnt have ALL the history tho and the guy who viewed today went away, I am hoping to view tomorrow as my insurance cheque FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rtbiscuit

what reg is it,

thats not a bad price, just depends if there is something wrong with it.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Liz

check the tyre sizes as well...another thing to add to the expense of buying if you want it to stay on the road - looks nice - my first one was silver
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

uktotty

Its a 2001, what do I need to check with tyres?

markiii

they should be the same make and model all round

front 185/55/15
rear 205/50/15
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

51 Plate, here is all the info

darrenjuggins

Hi,

I suggest getting the registration plate number and doing a HPI check, I know someone on here does it, it's quick and will save you alot of hassle.

Better to know now if it's got finance and history, rather than later.

Also, get him to let you know where its serviced, if Toyota, then give them a call and ask about any warranty work.

You should be able to see if its a Euro import from the alarm installed.  You will find that the Euro import has a holder for some money, where as the UK speck has the light for the Alarm in that location.

There is nothing wrong at all with a Euro import, apart from the original buyer would have saved about 3k in the process over the UK car at the time.

Only other thing that might be missing is the Roadster Badge.

Happy shopping

Cheers
Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"You should be able to see if its a Euro import from the alarm installed.  You will find that the Euro import has a holder for some money, where as the UK speck has the light for the Alarm in that location.

Darren J

Are you sure about that Darren? Mine has both, the money holder is next to the alarm light.  s:? :? s:?

aaronjb

I imagine that depends whether the person installing the alarm could be bothered to spend the extra 5 seconds to get the blanking plate out, vs. just yanking the coin holder out as it's easier to grab hold of..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Chris_h

Quote from: "andy b"
Quote from: "darrenjuggins"You should be able to see if its a Euro import from the alarm installed.  You will find that the Euro import has a holder for some money, where as the UK speck has the light for the Alarm in that location.

Darren J

Are you sure about that Darren? Mine has both, the money holder is next to the alarm light.  s:? :? s:?

Same here - and mine is a UK car. The giveaway for EU sources cars (aside from the alarm) is they don't have the great big double d stereos and less badging. Of course, someone could have changed a UK car to this effect.

The only potential downside to an EU car I see is that Toyota UK seem to be the ones stumping up for engines blowing up out of warranty (well sometimes they do) if it is EU source, I doubt they would do this.

Chris
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

uktotty

Tosser didnt call me back after arranging a viewing so I am still searching!

Liz

Did you look at the one in Maldon?

uktotty

Hey Liz
I actuallyy WON the one in Maldon, but after 15 calls I couldnt get the guy to answer so still looking babe.
Found a GREEN one yesterday at a dealer, are they a good buy?
Has leather and AC etc

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Hey Liz
 babe.

s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Ohh, your in trouble now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

uktotty

LOL, if u are a bloke u are mate, if u are a bird u are babe. That's just the way it is mate.

darrenjuggins

Hi woops,

maybe i'm wrong about the coin holder, i'm sure there is something different, brain has obviously lost it.

As for the EU car with warranty, Toyota are Pan European, meaning that all I had to do was register the car with Toyota when I purchased it, I had shed loads of work done under normal and extended warranty, no questions asked (plus new short block, cat and pre cats). So you will be fine, it would just be the japanese imports that don't carry a warranty.

Sorry about the money holder, i'm sure something is missing from that side... sorry...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Darren A. Juggins

Liz

Quote from: "uktotty"LOL, if u are a bloke u are mate, if u are a bird u are babe. That's just the way it is mate.

Hmm yes, I have seen that film, yes I am female!

I am sure that my husband (Mister Rebel) will be along shortly to clarify!!  s:D :D s:D

But going back on topic....green is ok, I prefer the facelift colour green that they did but its not my cup of tea but they do look nice and its a rare colour - will get you noticed for sure.

Anonymous

Good pic of Si there Liz, is he putting on the weight? Looks like a bit of a porker!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Runs and hides.

uktotty

Here it is.

Just had an email from the geezer in Maldon

hi russell
sorry mate lost my phone. the car was sold last week didnt think you would have the money in time.  sorry again.
marc

So the search continues

rtbiscuit

the only thing i can deduce from this is, the paint work is shiny,

if you like it in green then go for it.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Chris_h

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"Hi woops,

maybe i'm wrong about the coin holder, i'm sure there is something different, brain has obviously lost it.

As for the EU car with warranty, Toyota are Pan European, meaning that all I had to do was register the car with Toyota when I purchased it, I had shed loads of work done under normal and extended warranty, no questions asked (plus new short block, cat and pre cats). So you will be fine, it would just be the japanese imports that don't carry a warranty.

Sorry about the money holder, i'm sure something is missing from that side... sorry...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Hi Darren,

It wasn't the first 3 years I was thinking of - it was the mr T 'goodwill' on the engine in years 4 and 5. As this is Toyota UK backed - not T corporate global / europe.

But as mentioned, it makes no odds in the scheme of things.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Chris_h

What is your max budget Totty?

Tags: