Engine Warm Time

Started by Anonymous, November 29, 2003, 08:17

Anonymous

Just a general question that has been bugging me.

Why is it that my 2's engine has reached temperature before i leave my village but every other car i have owned or do own takes miles to warm up  s:?: :?: s:?:

Darth Paul

I'm in a courtesy car at the mo – a Clio. My experiences are the opposite – I seem to wait ages for the 2 to warm up, but the Clio seems to do it quickly. Now don't get me wrong, I f**king HATE the Clio, but on a morning I have to wait longer to show the 2 a good time. Still, all this is from memory, as the 2 is still at the repairers.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

DP

Slacey

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Still, all this is from memory, as the 2 is still at the repairers.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
You didn't get it back then?   s:( :( s:(  

Anyway, I agree that the '2 seems to take ages, but then so does AnnMarie's Yaris - perhaps it's a Toyota thing   s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

filcee

The temp. needle on my '03 reaches the horiozontal position in under 5 miles (about 5-7 mins).  My '01 was the same.  This doesn't seem inordinately long to me.  However, I do wish there was an oil temp. & oil pressure guage (like in my old Nova - no less) so I really know when the engine & transmission are properly warm.  If I'm being sensible, I try to wait for 10 miles before getting over 3k rpm - but that's not very often   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Darth Paul"Still, all this is from memory, as the 2 is still at the repairers.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
You didn't get it back then?   s:( :( s:(  

Anyway, I agree that the '2 seems to take ages, but then so does AnnMarie's Yaris - perhaps it's a Toyota thing   s:? :? s:?

Picked it up Saturday and took it home. Put all my personal effects back in again and re-did the front number plate (t'was loose). Then I noticed the bare metal on the nearside wing...

Now this wing hadn't needed repairing, but whilst polishing the bonnet (with one of them electrical thingies) they took the paint off the top edge of the wing. Toyota's fault really. If it had been painted properly in the first place, with more than two microns of paint, then the edge of the wing would have survived.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  So it went back and I should get it back tonight.   s:? :? s:?  We shall see. So it's back to the Clio again. And then tomorrow the car's going in for it's 30K service, so I still won't get to drive it.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

DP

Slacey

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Picked it up Saturday and took it home. Put all my personal effects back in again and re-did the front number plate (t'was loose). Then I noticed the bare metal on the nearside wing...

Now this wing hadn't needed repairing, but whilst polishing the bonnet (with one of them electrical thingies) they took the paint off the top edge of the wing. Toyota's fault really. If it had been painted properly in the first place, with more than two microns of paint, then the edge of the wing would have survived.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  So it went back and I should get it back tonight.   s:? :? s:?  We shall see. So it's back to the Clio again. And then tomorrow the car's going in for it's 30K service, so I still won't get to drive it.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

s:( :( s:(  

<Papa Lazarou>

I'ts a saga now!

</Papa Lazarou>
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

My 2 reaches temperature very quickly indeed.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Chris

Quote from: "filcee"The temp. needle on my '03 reaches the horiozontal position in under 5 miles (about 5-7 mins).  

The same with mine, which i reckon is rather quick - faster than my xr2 iirc.  Good thing too as the scorchio-heater needs to warm things up!!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: