What Satnav do you have?

Started by markiii, June 22, 2007, 13:31

markiii

Chaps,

following a couple of recent events we have discussing how best we can improve the organisation and avoid people getting lost.

to this end, I'd like to know what Satnav if any you have?

If Tom Tom is as popular as I think it is this may well help

so please vote accordingly
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

broudie

I've tried Garmin and Magellan. Garmin is definitely better and is a leader in automobile, as well as marine and aviation GPS systems. My current GPS is the Garmin NuVi 350

However, for my MR2, I am considering replacing the HU with the Toyota in-dash GPS unit:

Looks very OEM, yes?

edward.carter

Tom tom navigator 6 on pda

uktotty

I have a Navman but it wasnt on your list, not sure why.
had TomToms for years but fancied a change.

Liz

Also got the Sat Nav on the Nokia N95, but as it keeps crashing I will keep to my Tomtom!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

Quote from: "uktotty"I have a Navman but it wasnt on your list, not sure why.
had TomToms for years but fancied a change.

added
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I've just bought the Tomtom 710

Not used it yet.

Anonymous

TomTom Navigator 6 on an O2 Orbit XDA.

trebor

Sony Navu - which I would NOT recommend! (Christmas present from mother in law - so i "have" to use it!)
2003 SMT. Astral Black de-badged except for Likwid Art rear badge, JDM front badge. JDM wheel caps, JDM steering wheel badge, JDM style side repeaters. mongos. TTE lowering springs

roger

I have CoPilot6 on my PDA.

Never had experience of any others, but I like it.

I'm sure you can do it with other Car Based offerings, but I like to plan the route the night before, that way you can make any adjustments, like use B roads when it wants you to go down the motorway   s8) 8) s8)
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

copilot and Sony Navu added

Slacey

TomTom on a PDA in the Astra, but use AnnMarie's NavMan in the Griff! Voted for TomTom as it's the most versatile of the two.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

davidhowson

Yes I am that 1 vote for Toyota OEM! I have the TNS310+ and find it no problem to use, very accurate and of cause very descreet.

Anonymous

NavMan F20 - bought when I was looking for my 2.

Also have Sat Nav on my Blackberry - but its not that good at all.

broudie

Quote from: "davidhowson"Yes I am that 1 vote for Toyota OEM! I have the TNS310+ and find it no problem to use, very accurate and of cause very descreet.
Is it installed on your roadster?

Anonymous

I use my Tablet PC for GPS and many other things.

Tem

Btw, many Tomtom standalones are based on a PDA and be converter "back" to normal PDA, which runs Tomtom and other PDA software.  s8) 8) s8)

Google around for your model.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Chris

I've got a TomTom Go 700, and I'm gonna look into the feasibility of putting the v6 maps from a cracked pda copy on as i'm only running v5..
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

davidhowson

Yes broudie, it is fitted to my roadster. It was a dealer fit option when new.
I have upgraded to the DVD system TNS310+ it came with the CD based TNS200 originally, it is just a change of computer box in the luggage box behind the passenger seat.

broudie

Quote from: "davidhowson"Yes broudie, it is fitted to my roadster. It was a dealer fit option when new.
I have upgraded to the DVD system TNS310+ it came with the CD based TNS200 originally, it is just a change of computer box in the luggage box behind the passenger seat.
Do you have a picture of it? It was never an option in the USA.

Anonymous

I'm trying to come up with a little scam.....I bought my tomtom 710 from e-bay for £200 with free p&p, just waiting on it arriving, should be here today.

The seller said it is only 3 months old and still has a Comet rcpt until April 2008, so something clicked and I thought to myself, the price in Comet was about £299.00 for this model, take it back to Comet and say it keeps freezing on me, try and get my money back and then use this money to buy the current Tomtom 910 from Amazon for £259.00

fingers crossed it works

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

trouble is they will want to refund to his CC

Anonymous

I'm going to try the "my dad got me this for a birthday pressie" or something along they lines........

no cheek no chance as they say eh

Even better if he paid by cash which I prob doubt.

roger

Cheek or fraud   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Your conscience will tell you.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

It a TomTom for me, and a ByeBye from him...

Gnight........

Tags: