What Satnav do you have?

Started by markiii, June 22, 2007, 13:31

MelBee42

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "redarrow"I got a navsure 420i, there about £400, got for £100 ebay ,a user got despite for money.

http://reviews.halfords.com/4028/138431/reviews.htm

i got lost from mum's once in the west end got me home well good.

Sorry I didn't understand a word of that could you try again please?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Deadmanwalking

Very surprised that there are not more Co-Pilot users here.   s:o :o s:o  

Co-Pilot is a very similar product to that of Tom-Tom software, in my humble view. Co-Pilot offers free camera database and updates and for iPhone and Android smart phones it comes in at under £30 with UK maps last time I checked. Additional full usa/canada maps for under £15 if memory serves.

Had been using Tom-Tom for years but have always resented their prices, Co-pilot is a god send.

Bet we are all using free Google maps within 5 years mind you.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
TOPS DOWN DRIVE THU THE NIGHT CLICK HERE] viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37365

AckersMR2

I'm using NavFree Uk&ROI on my iPhone, I use it for work and not had any issues with it at all. It used to do a few funny things like "leave motorway at next exit" and then tell me to join it again! But with each map update it has got better and better and to be honest I check the route when i set off and only mainly use it for the last part of the journey.
Pro's:
Quick to get a fix and plan route.
It's free, and the ad free version is only £1.99ish.
The maps are stored in the phone so no data charges unlike google maps (although I think they might also be stored on the android phones now?)
Add-ons are cheap.

Cons:
None do far?

I think this thread could soon be consigned to the "Do you remember when...." thread and people will say "when we used to buy dedicated sat navs rather than using our phones"  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

woodman

after my tomtom go went on the blink, ive been using the tomtom app on my iphone. great app, works just as the go did. be warned tho, it doesn't half drain your battery!
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

Anonymous

Nobody using google maps? Brill when you have a signal. Ive got igo8 as a back up in the van.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "dick2ski"Nobody using google maps? Brill when you have a signal. Ive got igo8 as a back up in the van.

For working out of signal range, go to settings, labs, pecache map area.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

novacaine

got a sony NAVU, the interface is crap, (no qwerty keyboard etc)

the suction cup is crap but when it is going it is a very good sat nav

2 of the left

Don't need one!! I can find my own way like a pigeon - I wonder if that's why my missus calls be "Bird Brain"??  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Tags: