Peugeot 307 CC

Started by Anonymous, December 3, 2003, 12:55

Anonymous

Please dont flame me!

I am looking at next year or so, changing our second car from the focus.  I still want a 4 seater, but I have caught the cabrio bug.

I dont want to splash out on an Audi A4.  Just wondered peoples opionions on the peugeot 307 CC, seems like a good compromise.

I am not looking for comparisons to the 2 as we are keeping the 2!

Anonymous

the 307cc has no rear seats so not really a replacement from the focus.

Slacey

It does look nice though   s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"It does look nice though   s:) :) s:)

yeah, for a girls car!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

<edit> oh, and before i get flamed about the seats... it does actually have rear seats... but then so does a celica and you dont see many people fighting to sit in the back of one of those!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  </edit>

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"the 307cc has no rear seats so not really a replacement from the focus.

Umm - I think you had better look at the pic again mate! It has 4 blatent seats!  Check out the sticky out things at the back!

Looking at the 180BHP version

Anonymous

Why not just upgrade the Focus to one of these ones: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/evo_news_story.php?id=42312

Anonymous

NICE!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

dancarbon

A friend used to have the 206CC and had no end of problems with the roof jamming - hopefully Peugeot will have sussed it for the 306.

It may have seats behind the driver, but it's worth checking whether anyone over 4 foot could actually fit in them!

Saab convertible, it's the only way  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"Why not just upgrade the Focus to one of these ones: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/evo_news_story.php?id=42312

Very nice!

Anonymous

Quote from: "dancarbon"Saab convertible, it's the only way  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Might as well get the Audi A4 then!  Not keen on the Saab!

Anonymous

Ok How a bout a Plurial   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "victor"Ok How a bout a Plurial   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

eeeew   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

aaronjb

Quote from: "victor"Ok How a bout a Plurial   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

I second Phil's ewwwww, having seen one in the flesh, it looked like someone had welded the top half of one car, onto the bottom of another   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:   s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

There is also that Swiss thing, cant rememner its name, that can expand from a 2 to a 4 seater.  Just  dont get it too excited   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Strange people the Swiss....

Anonymous

Get another 2  s:!: :!: s:!:  

1 each  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:  

I know there is a nice one for sale on the internet somewhere close for 20k     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

But on a serious note. Drove the new A4 on it's release & was very unimpressed. Dont get me wrong...it is a lovely car but just lacks the power. Very flat. Not been in the bigger engined version yet. That could be the improvement needed to turn it in to a brill car. I'm very happy with my A4 1.9TDi so would happily give Audi a recomendation for at least a test drive.

Anonymous

I could get that blue one for £20k

Anonymous

May I suggest that if you could stretch to the AUDI A4 or BMW 3 series, go for it.  

They might be expensive but when the time comes to sell, it will have kept it's value rather well.  As opposed to French rubbish.

Anonymous

Its not really a question of affording it, its just that there is a limit to whether I want to spend £26k plus on a car really.  

Saying that though I have just done the configurator for the 307 180BHP with a few extras, it came to £22k, in which case I would definitely put the other £4k down for the A4.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Saying that though I have just done the configurator for the 307 180BHP with a few extras, it came to £22k, in which case I would definitely put the other £4k down for the A4.

Anonymous

If you got £26k to spend, either get a focus RS or wait till the focus cossie comes out... that will probably even eat martins '2 for breakfast (assuming they dont go back on the spec like they did with the RS!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

Anonymous

Kris, I think cstevens is looking for a convertible.

In any case, I have owned an AUDI before and, my God, they are excellent cars.  The only problem I had in 10 years of ownership was a burned out break light.  The on-board diagnostics computer warned me about it though...  And by the way, they are indeed better built than Mercedes, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  If I was after a "family" car, the A4 would be at the top of my list.

I have also owned a French car, albeit a Renault, and I was banging my head against the wall every so often.  Pretty much everything had failed and the dealer insisted on ordering the wrong parts!!!

Chris

You and your fords Kris!!!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

The 307 CC looks like an extended version of the 206 CC, so i'm sure it'll be ok (a friend has one and has had no troubles with the roof - i think it was only a problem on the early ones)

I saw the A4 at the motor show last year (or whenever) and it looks like a classy bit of kit.  But think what else you could get for £26K!!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

I do really like the Focus, I learnt to drive in one, and have now owned two since passing my test only a year ago.  (The RS would be great, although they have stopped making them) However I really do have the convertible bug now.

We would be looking for a 4 seater convertable as the next car (we may or may not keep the 2 when its finished paying for in two years).

I really do like the A4 (apart from that chrome trim around the windscreen).  We shall see what is available in 2 years.  I could hope for a second hand one fully loaded (the Audi extras list is expensive!)

Anonymous

One of my family has a 206cc which is a pretty enough car, with loads of kit as standard, but, quite frankly, I wouldn't give it house room....

Build quality is not good and nothing feels as if it will last more than a year or two.

Just my view, but I wouldn't put my money into one, and I presume the 307cc is on the same basis!

After driving the 206, it is a delight to get back into the MR2.(but of course!)

For my money, it would have to be the A4, SAAB or whatever. Nothing French!!   They simply do not build quality cars!!

Andrew

dancarbon

Quote from: "cstevens"(we may or may not keep the 2 when its finished paying for in two years).
Can we have a moderator here please, this man is losing the plot! He speaks in tongues  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Tags: