Essen Motorshow Report - discussion

Started by mph, December 4, 2003, 10:09

MRMike

Wowza! I'm glad that I can no where near afford that so I don't have to make the decision.. 1/3rd of the probable value of my car...  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

mph

Understandable - but think about it as trading in your old car for something a world apart. Ok, the resell value might not agree but that's not the point. This isn't like going from a Celica 140 to a Celica 190, no no no, this transforms the car into a different class.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

the fitting charge will of course vary as toyotas only involvement will be the hours allocated to the task according to their system, regional dealers will vary greatly in their hourly rates

my old dealer used to charge £60 per hour so that would be only 10 hours work with them?  so unless TTE do go for the fitting themselves option as previously discussed, I can see the price possibly rising even further

mind you if its warranty and peace of mind your looking for then I suppose its the only option

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"the fitting charge will of course vary as toyotas only involvement will be the hours allocated to the task

I dont know what exactly you thought when you wrote that, but Toyota dealers will get their margins as with everything they sell from Toyota or TTE (we get same margins). I am sure TTE pricing that they told martin is with dealer margins as thats the only way normal customer can buy them.

So there is quite of possibility that you will be able to get an discount on top of that price, same as you can get an discount for TTE springs or TTE stabilizators at your friendly Toyota dealer...

Anonymous

What ' I thought ' was that the margins will vary geographicly as is already proven

additionally you will note the rates I arranged for the TTE springs for the group buy were as far as I am aware better then TTE would supply them direct.  Those prices were affected by the lower prices my friends dealership charge because they are up in bradford and also the discount he was willing to give.

Either way prices will vary as I said in my original post.  As to if they will all come within the suggested £700 instalation figure will remain to be seen

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"What ' I thought ' was that the margins will vary geographicly as is already prove

well margins are always the same, for Toyota dealers throughout the world (they might be marginally different), the point is how much of an discount they might give you which completly is up to them... good thing is that there is an nice install fee plus product itself is very expensive, so they will make much money with the discount too...

It is good that you already made some good contacts somewhere, always better possibility to give you an great discount for group buy of TTE turbo...

Anonymous

GB on TTE turbo = major drool.

i think my bank manager will have a heart attack!

now, when's the damn thing gonna come out...

Anonymous

I can see we are never going to agree on this one (spwolf) and the thread is going off topic so I'll leave it at that. Lets just hope the prices are good for the guys waiting all this time  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"I can see we are never going to agree on this one (spwolf) and the thread is going off topic so I'll leave it at that. Lets just hope the prices are good for the guys waiting all this time  :-) :-) :-)

i was not aware that we were arguing  :-) :-) :-) ,  I was just pointing that there is an nice opportunity for the discount since I am an Toyota dealer in Europe and know how the pricing structure goes, so that pricing is not the final one! just something to cheer you up.

Anonymous

OK that's all clear now, please get back on topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"OK that's all clear now, please get back on topic.

Back on topic. One more month is gone. Where is  the TTE turbo?

Somebody has any news?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

mph

Yep another month goes by... don't shoot the messenger! I should have an update for you on Friday.
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Tem

Quote from: "mph"Yep another month goes by... don't shoot the messenger! I should have an update for you on Friday.

Fair enough, we'll shoot you early saturday, if there's no new info  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

mph

Maybe not the update you were quite expecting (sorry Tem! - how far's the drive here?), but see latest the front page news item...
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"Maybe not the update you were quite expecting (sorry Tem! - how far's the drive here?), but see latest the front page news item...

anything new from TTE at JAE?
They dont really expect us to buy the kit in the winter, do they?

Anonymous

So you guys found out nothing new or? Whats the deal? Sorry to be annoying, but all of us have been waiting for it for quite a long time and shouldnt be that hard for someone that talked to TTE at JAE to write up some new info, if any is available...

thanks!

markiii

JAE write up will be coming incvluding TTE discussions. Just a little short of time at teh moment.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SteveJ

Unfortunately due to meetings with Toyota Japan, Friedel Beyer (TTE Manager of Business Development & Distribution) was unable to attend JAE. As Friedel is the person who has the overall view of when (and indeed if) the turbo kit goes to market we do not have any more definate dates to give you.

As Mark has said, there will be a JAE round up soon (as soon as the committee has had chance to meet and discuss the info we obtained)

Please be aware that a lot of what we discussed with Gerald and Marcus at JAE is very much engineer to engineer, and is not for public consumption so I'm not sure how much (if anything) we will have to tell you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"when (and indeed if) the turbo kit goes to market

is a no -show a possibility?

SteveJ

Quote from: "perry190"

As I said - without Friedel's presence we are unable to comment on what we discussed with the engineers (although everything they said did have a very positive spin on it but then they are the guys that have put all of the effort into the project)

Tem

Quote from: "SteveJ"I'm not sure how much we will have to tell you.

I'm sure...everything  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "perry190"

As I said - without Friedel's presence we are unable to comment on what we discussed with the engineers (although everything they said did have a very positive spin on it but then they are the guys that have put all of the effort into the project)

Any NEWS about TTE turbo? Or Lampka turbo? This is turning surreal what's the matter with those guys, they are crazy or what?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

mph

It's been on my list of things to do all week   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Will see what I can do later today..
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S

Tags: