one for the good guys

Started by Anonymous, July 9, 2007, 12:30

Anonymous

thank you wil do 2moz and see what they say fingers crossed

Wabbitkilla

Good luck Natz, Gav did a good job with his - follow his example  s:) :) s:)
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

I promised a while back to report everything I could find out about what they did to my car. I'm having problems finding anything out   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  - not got any more details off them yet but I'm still trying...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

thanks 4 advice went to my local toyota and played dumb they said it would be expensive to fix and do i want to book it in!
i then pulled the known engine fault and extended warrenty and the shirty man said hadnt heard of it. he went out back then came back with a document of guidelines to follow so can reclaim cost (from toyota i guess) asked for my service book and disappered again the doc said about oil test and the levels of service he came snd said my service comes under poor (im due one now and have been servicing it to milege not yearly so one missing for 2005) any way its booked in for oil test fri 24th and he kept saying that it prob not this fault and they do use alot of oil but i assured him not this much! appaerently its all down to toyota gb once test is done to proove it has fault to decide if will fix it for free.
fingers crossed it is this fault but a private mechanic says its only thing left to be. and if toyota gb say no i might hav to argue my case and if ok wiv gav1980 use ur case?
so thought id keep u updated  after following ur advice cheers

Anonymous

I would be glad for you to use my case. With the poor service history I had (50%) I did have to commit to paying for the repair if it wasn't the recognised problem because they had to open it up to check the pistons before the Warranty dept would make a decision. I had short finger nails that week  s:!: :!: s:!:  Anyway, if it's going through loads of oil then I'd put money on it being the same problem I had. IMHO It must be more common than we realise - otherwise why would they have a document (goodwill extended warranty) to cover it. If ou want any details (name of dealership, person I spoke to) then pm me. (not sure if I posted them anywhere on here)
Good luck. Gav

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "natz"they do use alot of oil but i assured him not this much!

Absolute tosh - mine uses no oil (fingers crossed)
If you don't get satisfaction then deal with Toyota GB directly.
Or go to another dealer who isn't "shirty" with you, that attitude is not acceptable  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

thanks that will be a great help if need to go down that route if defo drinking loads of oil and now burning it. i took it to a friend who is a mechanic and he has ruled out everything else without opening engine up so has to be it! in on friday wil let u know how it goes thanks again!

Chris_h

Hi Natz

Hope I didn't miss it, but exactly how much oil is yours using?

Both my 2's used significant oil, both went like rockets and made no funny noises though. By significant, I mean max-min in about 3k miles. I think Gav's was doing that in a few hundred miles when it was very poorly.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Chris, you're right. Towards the end mine went from max to min in 150miles. Now it's fixed I've done over 1200miles and not noticed any drop in oil level yet - Wow  s:!: :!: s:!:  
Gav

Anonymous

well mine doin 2-3 litres in a week and i do about 150 to 200 miles so guessin that pretty bad!one day til d day!

Chris_h

Quote from: "natz"well mine doing 2-3 litres in a week and i do about 150 to 200 miles so guessin that pretty bad!one day til d day!

Ah yes - sorry, was just trying to find a chink of light for you, but guess that is an expensive drinking habit.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

just thought id let you know the good news i should be collecting my car 2moz wiv new engine that was FREE!!!!

after alot of arguing i didnt even have to do the oil test. they found my chain tension was leaking and tried to say it was that!!! but told them to drive it and they would see for themselves, they did but only after agreeing to pay for new tension, didnt have to cos as they moved it off fore court and i think the bellowing smoke gave it away and instantly toyota said they would do it.
they not changing my pre cats tho as not admitting that this has anything to do with it which is worring after reading ur posts, but have said will check them?
they did try the service history trick on me saying toyota would only fix for free if full toyota history and cos i due one now said i only had 60% but  i said it was at least 70% even tho not all at toyota dealership. all i can say is that it must have been sooooooooooooo bad when they drove it to do a complete turn around on what they were saying

so spread the word cos not many dealerships claim to know about all this and will fight you all the way to avoid the free extended warrenty on this problem!!!

one very happy mr2 owner   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

If they don't change the main CAT then you'll probably be back there within a month if the preCATs have clogged it..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

ok so if the pre cats clogged it then the main cat needs changing. what about the exchaust they said would check that but must be damaged with the amount of oil i was burning?

aaronjb

The exhaust (as in the silencer) will be fine - there's nothing in there to break  s;) ;) s;)

It's just the (sensitive and ridiculously expensive) CAT matrix that's unfortunately all too easy to clog and kill  s:( :( s:(
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

When they did mine MrT replaced the main cat as part of the Warranty Fix - so they should at least test yours. They said mine was starting to show signs of damage so replaced it. Think I got lucky with the service controller I spoke to as he was really, really helpful - even though he still hasn't given me any details (job-sheet) of the work done  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Good Luck

Tags: