Newbie on board

Started by Anonymous, December 5, 2003, 19:46

Anonymous

Well I suppose I should introduce myself?

I'm a regular on the Celica Owners Club website but I am taking delivery of a new roadster in two weeks time  s:D :D s:D  

Have had a few MR2's in my time but looking forward to this one especially. I'm into modding my cars as the following pics will hopefully show

Of course I know Jag and JohnyTurbo from the celica club already....hi guys   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Cars due in about 2 weeks as is the Trial Kit and wheels in 10days (BSA 264 in chrome finish).  Really looking forward to taking this baby to the full limit including the TTE turbo when it takes off.

Not a wizz on the Roadster as I only had my last one for 3 months (changed job and car scheme) but other areas of modding I know a bit about and can hopefully ber an asset to the club?

I live in Daventry so will try and make it to some future Mids meets that I've read about on the board and any other ones that come up.

Well thats about it really, havnt intoduced myself at Spyderchat bercause to be truthful the comments I've read dont really offer any help or knowledge? (or is that me just being English   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Well thats about itm looking forward to chats with you all

Perry

MRMike

Wow what a gorgeous Celica! really distinctive and yet subtle..nice like your style..was that a 190? Newbie myself here ! welcome anyways!  and i know what you mean about SC!

Laters,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Humble Jim

Welcome! What a gorgeous colour that Celica is   s8) 8) s8)  

I'm curious..what colour is your new 2 going to be?
H&S Exhaust

MRMike

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"Wow what a gorgeous Celica! really distinctive and yet subtle..nice like your style..was that a 190? Newbie myself here ! welcome anyways!  and i know what you mean about SC!

Laters,

Mike

Doh! Perry 190 kinda give it away..where did you have your install done by the way.. i want someone reputable to do mine..and that looks the business
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

heathstimpson

Welcome, nice motor. Why not come along in it this Sunday at the Midlands meet to intoroduce yourself...
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Welcome, nice motor. Why not come along in it this Sunday at the Midlands meet to intoroduce yourself...

I would normally love to but its the celica club xmas do and the alst weekend with my mota.  I did the boot install myself, first try with FG but came out pretty good even if I say so myself   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

The colour is a full respray based on the 206cc colour (neighbour has one)
and yes it was a 190.

The  new two is going to be red, was tempted with the new 'sable' colur but the celica was 'thunder grey ' originally which isnt tooo far of sable.

Going to pick up a magnex exhaust from fensport on Monday, was tempted with the GB but to be truthfull I didnt want to wait until feb and it sounded like it might be a little too loud for a soft top to my tastes. (Had the Blitz nurspec on the 190)

sold the 190 with a some wonga spare so wanted to get bits for the two before the cash went on xmas!

cheers
Perry

Anonymous

Hi and welcome Perry. I don't have an MR2  at the moment. I'm currently driving a Civic Type R but hope to have a 2 next Spring.

Best wishes, Geoff.   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Welcome... and blimey isn't that a mod'd celica.  Looks like you'll be having lots of fun both driving and mod'ing your '2

Slacey

Hi Perry - welcome to the club   s:D :D s:D  

I'm a big fan of the Celica (Jag will tell you, I've drooled over his car), and I must say you've done an awesome job, must be hard to let it go.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Too true!  Miles were getting high tho and warranty runs out in May so thought it was time for a change.  Busy stripping out the transferable bits at the mo like sat nav, motorised screen, blue tooth, geodessy and heads up display. Can then spend the xmas break trying to find spaces in the two to fit it all   s:? :? s:?  

Cant wait to get my new baby in the garage  :-) :-) :-)

dimwit

Welcome Perry, Look forward to meeting you at the next midlands meet..  s:) :) s:)

Liz

Hi and welcome along to the club!  s:) :) s:)
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"Well thats about it really, havnt intoduced myself at Spyderchat bercause to be truthful the comments I've read dont really offer any help or knowledge?

I know what you mean mate.  Stopped visiting SC ages ago.

Welcome...

Anonymous

Thanks for all your welcomes guys nad gals, now if I could only get the site to log me in auto things would be greeeeaaaat!

As a matter of interest were did those peope with the Apexi CAI get them from generally?

cheers
Perry

Slacey

Quote from: "perry190"As a matter of interest were did those peope with the Apexi CAI get them from generally?
I (and many others) got them from Taka Kaira in Japan.... http://www.takakaira.com

Anonymous

Bugger! my kits coming from there will see If I can get them to add one...cheers  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Just had a look at the website and I could only find an Apexi Short Ram rather than an actual CAI ?  Do you guys have just this and refer to it as an CAI or a proper CAI that draws air from outside the car?

Slacey

It's the Apexi Power Induction Kit - may be referred to as Short Ram, as it does still draw air from within the engine bay, albeit near the rear vent and behind a heat shield - it does still get warm though....

The best option is the PPE kit - it draws cooler air from behind the battery... see here -  http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1062

HTH   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Thanks for that  s;-) ;-) s;-)

having read the various threads on CAI's and minimal performance gains I've now ordered the Apexi for three reasons

1] noise  :-) :-) :-)
2] I have a large box coming fromthem anyway
3] its red   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Very technical reasons as you can see   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Thanks again for your help

Chris

Wow!  that must've been expensive...  Love the colour coding and the feature of the (full size!) spare in the boot install!  If only we had the space to do something like that!!

As regards the auto login, then make sure your browser accepts cookies and then tick the remember me box at login.  Then just leave the site by closing the browser or going to a different site (rather than clicking log out) and it should auto login next time.
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

cheers Chris, seems to be OK now  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

nice celica

Oh and not a bad install either !!!

You do it ??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

You planning somthng like that in the 2 or is it just for speed ?

Anonymous

Hello pez me old mucker   s:) :) s:)  

I knew you'd have to show them your Celi pics   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Looking forward to seeing the new mota in its full glory   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"nice celica

Oh and not a bad install either !!!

You do it ??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

You planning somthng like that in the 2 or is it just for speed ?

Proud of my install as it was all my own work (Jags seen it in the flesh or course  s;-) ;-) s;-)  )

The two will be style and perfomance but no major ICE due to the space obviously, will have the sat anv and my motorised screen bu that it really. would like to keep the minimal storage spacve for weekends away etc.

have ordered the bulkier items ie full kit, wheels, mats, exhaust, apexi etc but a lot of it will be stsying the garage for staged additions as and when.

Trying to decide if to sell the stock wheels and tyres or keep them in storage as of course they will be brand new.

Chris

Quote from: "perry190"Trying to decide if to sell the stock wheels and tyres or keep them in storage as of course they will be brand new.

Wheels haven't been selling well on here recently, but those were 17's, so you may have more luck with stocks.

If you plan on bigger rims, then i would keep the oem rims in case you decide to goto trackdays.
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: