Scariest looking TVR ever?

Started by aaronjb, December 12, 2003, 14:46

aaronjb

[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I had seen this link on another forum that I drop into now and again...Lotus 7 Club....this TVR is certainly getting mouths talking.

I quite like the overall impression but that rear diffuser looks like it has drop off the back end, and rather loses the the adhesion of the design factors.

Bet it looks almighty in the flesh though.

I must say I have a soft spot for TVRs, going back too many years to remember.

A school prefect used to drive an MGA engined TVR Grantura back in the late 60's and I've had connections with the factory works racing team over the years.

Still love my 2 tho!!

Andrew

Slacey

The rear end is... well horrendous, but it certainly is an aggresive looking beast - I wouldn't say no   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

I've always really admired TVR from a design stand point, but i'm sorry this smacks of desperation.  The chimera, griffith, tuscan, and 350 C to a certain extent have a grace about them, sort of like an iron fit in a velvet glove.   I hated the Tamora, and this is even worse, i'm sorry but there is no way a car should have that much ventage on the front it's the fussiest design i've ever seen..oh dear TVR..oh dear.  Kinda reminds of that other awfull pastiche the MG SV..dreadful
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

aaronjb

I have to admit, when I posted this, I thought it looked horrible..

Then I stared at it..

Then I stared some more..

And now I want one..  s:) :) s:)

Still, give it a couple of years, and you'll probably be able to pick them up for £3.50 and a packet of fags - bit like the frog-eyed Scorpios...  s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Darth Paul

Paint it black, put some Batman emblems on the wheel centres and some nice blue neon shining out of the 'gills'...

Anonymous

What they didnt say in the report was that the car was stolen and ramraded into Halfords... thats why it looks like that! (surely its the only answer... but i do like the wheels!)

Anonymous

i like it could see myself down southend in that   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

"Hello ladies"   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

aaronjb

Quote from: "Buster"i like it could see myself down southend in that   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

"Hello ladies"   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Wouldn't it be more like saying:

"Hello ladies. I have a very small p****. Like a ride?" ?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I thought my abandoned J reg Nova had some sad holes in it but that takes the biscuit  s:!: :!: s:!:  

When they going to finish it off  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Or is it to save weight for when it gets towed home    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
(mate has had TVR for 8 months now & has had it in repair for 5 of them. It is off the road again now needing more engine repairs)

SteveJ

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Or is it to save weight for when it gets towed home    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
(mate has had TVR for 8 months now & has had it in repair for 5 of them. It is off the road again now needing more engine repairs)

Should I remind you I owned my last '2 for 7 1/2 months, and only drove it for 3 months due to the ABS failure   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Without an engine you can't move.     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Without brakes you can't stop....quickly.      s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Brakes are for whimps    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But point taken squarely on the chin, off to sulk now........

Comer

Well TVR can't get it right every time and this is definitely one where they haven't.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

MRMike

Just had a look at this again, and i'm still apalled by it. I suppose you can say that the vent and side exhausts are an example of form following funcion and that they were necessary for racing.  I can believe this, the shape is all wrong wrong wrong for racing bit like a cobra and must produce no downforce (hence the side exhauts and undertray) so why oh why mutilate a 350C? why not just build a more race inspired design in the first place? I know TVR are not a massive company and platform sharing is essential but why oh why try and build a race car? They tried it with the speed 12..what happened to that...
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"(mate has had TVR for 8 months now & has had it in repair for 5 of them. It is off the road again now needing more engine repairs)

That happened to me old man's cerbera 4.2 - he rejected it and sued them - and WON - got the cost of the car and his costs back.

Well i say he sued them he sued the finance company and won who in turn sued WLA TVR in Larkfield and won who then sued TVR main and won.

WLA is no longer a dealer - i wonder why lol

Chris

Well it looks awful in those shots!  I'm heading to mph03 tomorrow, so I'llbe able to see if it looks better in the flesh!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

filcee

It is pre-fitted with the 'backwards through the hedge' look to save you doing it yourself later.  Inevitably, on the day it works, that is where it will end up.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Chris

I went (top day btw) but didn't really get to see much of the tvr from high up in the stands of the show, and the fact it was only 'on stage' for about 3 minutes!  I did try and get some photos, but I'm not sure how they came as I haven't got around to uploading them yet...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]
[/size]

kanujunkie

well guess i will have to be the only one who likes it, i always have had a thing for the wierd, you should meet the wife!!!!     s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Guys guys guys...................

In defence of the TVR, I know for a fact that it is a race special and they will be only made in limited numbers, primarily for racing. They have no intention of building them for the road and all the flaps and vents and so on are to keep the thing on the ground when racing as the normal aerodymics on the Tamora are good enough for normal fast road use, they are no adequate for racing speeds. Hence that it does look a little "difficult"...........BUT, TVR have said that if people do want one for the road, they will advise against, but as it is built on the same lines as the Tamora, all they would have to do is change the exhaust for noise regs and it is road worthy. So there may be one or two, but not many.

Its a race car. Forgive its looks for that alone.........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I actually quite like it..............  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"They have no intention of building them for the road and all the flaps and vents and so on are to keep the thing on the ground when racing

Do ya reckon they ever use a wind-tunnel when designing the aero package?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Paint it black, put some Batman emblems on the wheel centres and some nice blue neon shining out of the 'gills'...

I was thinking exactly the same myself. Got to admit, the front end gives me the horn but the rear needs sorting.  s:D :D s:D

Chris

Quote from: "John Woodward"all they would have to do is change the exhaust for noise regs and it is road worthy. So there may be one or two, but not many.

Its a race car. Forgive its looks for that alone.........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

They would need to !! it was the second loudest thing there! the first being a gt40 - awesome noise   s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

Yeah, that would be the race cans! The aero package on it is IS rather "interesting" though..............  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Probably moulded it in a hurricane, not a wind tunnel. Cheaper that way!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: