Spyderchat going down the toilet

Started by Anonymous, December 12, 2003, 23:50

Anonymous

Don is letting a few jerks take control of that message board and sending it down the toilet. I am not talking about other members who keep other members honest. I am talking about the "know it alls" who get their jollys by posting 30+ posts a day about nonsense and seem to interject their opinions on everything to the point of messing up someone trying to sell something.

Don, for his part lets these idiots take control of his board and in the end endorses their behavior by not doing anything about it, even taking their side when they agitate members who have posted helpful information in the past. These idiots post under some false bogus code that they are keeping the board up to a higher standard, meanwhile a quick list of their posts reveals tons of homosexual references, with a bunch of insults hurled at new members. Thats how they think they are keeping the board to a higher standard.

I was someone who posted detail posts of installations of various electronics, from guages to an S-AFC and J&S Safeguard on the Spyderchat message board, but DOn over at Spyderchat seems to take the side of a few idiots who offer nothing but insults to other members.

Here is an example of how stupid and insulting Spyderchat has become. A simple sale of a lease turned into an insult exchange with Don's blessing. You can clearly see some idiot, one of the agitators show up and affectively destroy the sale, then his fellow idiot shows up and sends the thread into idiocy...

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8486 m

Peter Laborne

And you bring this to our attention why???

MR2 ROC is not related to Spyderchat, except for our passion of the MR2 Roadster/Spyder. We cannot do anything. Surely this is something you should highlight with Don, not with us.

Chris

Quote from: "snotbubbles"Don is letting a few jerks take control of that message board and sending it down the toilet. I am not talking about other members who keep other members honest. I am talking about the "know it alls" who get their jollys by posting 30+ posts a day about nonsense and seem to interject their opinions on everything to the point of messing up someone trying to sell something.

I've found that myself for a while now and that's why I don'y visit there on a regular basis!  that and it takes most of my time reading the posts on here!!!!   s:o :o s:o
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

i only use spydercht to look at.i is very rare that i post stuff on there for the exact reason stated at the begining.

Slacey

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I love it!

I agree, it is getting full of ar*eholes lately, and I'm amazed that Don isn't clamping down a bit, but it does give me enless hours of amusement at work  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

snotbubbles:

Could you write a report on the Electirical controllers please ! Just interested in how its done   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tem

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"Surely this is something you should highlight with Don, not with us.

I agree, but since he post here, I informed Don about this. I think it's only fair that he gets a word in here too.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

DaSpyda

You, sir, failed to mention the obscenity and personal attack-laced tirade you posted because you thought "your" thread was hijacked.  SC is an open Forum and NOBODY "owns" threads.

Instead of stooping down to an idiot's level, you should've taken the high road and thanked the posters who differed from your view and reiterated why you thought your deal was a good one.  To me and many others, it looks like you took your toys and went home because we didn't play with you like YOU wanted to play.

SC thrives on the exchange if ideas and not everybody likes what is said.  So, what?  It's not real life - it's a dman car board.

Get over it...or go read Miata.net for a "real" car bored (and, yes, the mispelling of board is intentional).

Liz

Whilst I appreciate that I am not a moderator, I would like to say that I don't think that this forum is the place to air differences with one another in reference to Spyderchat.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

SteveJ

In accordance with all of our previous policy statements, personal attacks will not be tolerated.

This is rapidly becoming personal so the thread has been locked.

Will all parties involved please desist from continuing this discussion in public.

If anyone has issues with this decision, please contact me via PM and I will be happy to discuss further.

SteveJ
MR2ROC Site Admin

Tags: