And we're back.. again!

Started by aaronjb, September 6, 2007, 17:26

aaronjb

At least for now.

It looks like we breached our database size limit - our host allows 100Mb, and we hit 150.1Mb before they turned us off.

We're now back down to 130Mb or so, but to achieve that we've unfortunately had to:

Delete all Chit Chat posts that have not been touched in 20 days
Delete all Sales posts that have not been touched in 30 days
Delete all Spotted posts that have not been touched in 30 days
Delete all Jokes that have not been touched in 1 day

Moves are afoot to move us to a host that has no database size limit, but that will take us a few days planning before we can pull it off.  For the time being we are safe, although:

To reduce strain on the database I am proposing that (for the time being) we reduce the number of PMs you are all able to keep.

Currently the limits are:
Inbox - 100
Sent box - 50
Save box - 100

Temporarily we are going to reduce this to:
Inbox - 50
Sent box - 25
Save box - 50

This change is likely to take place on Friday night (late), followed by some forum down-time while I export and rebuild the database again (to save us some space), and shrink the search tables some more.

So basically.. you all broke it!  s;) ;) s;)

Oh - and I'm sure someone posted while I was in the middle of getting this back up and running this afternoon.. If that was you - sorry, whatever you posted got nuked - you managed to sneak in between me enabling and disabling the forum.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Slacey

Good work Aaron   s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Well done m8  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

About time too.

I mean, good work ol' bean.  s;) ;) s;)

northernalex

good work aaron!!  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

spit

gud 1 A  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Does it help if we resort to txt speak now?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

SimonC_Here

Just write in a smaller font

isn't that right Aaron?

Anonymous

I was getting cold turkey when I couldn't log on  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Have taking the Tesco motto to my PM's and deleted them all, Every Little Helps  s:!: :!: s:!:

Silverman

Well done Squareon.  It's about time we got rid of some of that old rubbish and smartened up the act!  We're lucky to have a 'binary basher' of your calibre so, on behalf of all the troops, many thanks for getting us up and running.  S'man.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

DannyN

Well done Aaron, large pat on the back for you young man

You could get an Enid Gold Star....... but it might push us over the limit again   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Aaron Ur a Star

NorthandSouth

Good work m8, you take this forum for granted till something like this happens.
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

rmowbray

Nice one mate   s:D :D s:D  

I'm off to prune my mailbox now...

Wabbitkilla

Trying not to take up too much room here, so thanks Aaron - jolly good work there matey.
btw i've pruned my mailbox too now.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

To help us reach our 150mb target  (Have I missed the point?)

Thanks Aaron you're a star!

loadswine

Aaron, I don't know what we'd do without you, well I guess we'd be refugees on Spyderchat.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"btw i've pruned my mailbox too now.

+1
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Well done Aaron - I take it the server-babysitting went well last night then?
And like i said last night - I reckon you should get an Enid Gold Star for your services.. do you hear that E?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Am to prune now..

Anonymous

Platinum star, and a kiss from you Sandi, sterling work Aaron  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

uktotty

YAY we are back, can we move hosts I get 5000mb os space and 1.5gb per month on my site!

Anonymous

Storage space isn't the issue here, database size is. By which I mean that 1&1 are c*nts.  s;) ;) s;)

aaronjb

Quote from: "Ekona"Storage space isn't the issue here, database size is. By which I mean that 1&1 are c*nts.  s;) ;) s;)

Yep, because there's no good reason for them to host the databases in a separate area..

Well, there is - but why they allow you a max 100Mb database, but then say you can have 8 of those, I don't know.  One 800Mb database would be perfect!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

aaronjb

Oh - one more thing.

It appears the odd post has gotten truncated in the move  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I think that's a character encoding issue (my server runs a slightly newer version of MySQL, which decided to transcode everything to utf-8, while the 1&1 server doesn't support that).. if you own a post that got shortened..

then I'm terribly sorry!

If possible let me know and I'll rescue the additional data (as long as it's intact) from the development server database.

enid_b

without further ado....

nice one aaron, as mentioned above. i was lost without the browsing, suddenly the internet lost its appeal, and i really appreciate the work that you and any other back room staff do to keep my world nice n simple. we could trim the spotted section, never really seen the point of it TBH.

all the technobabble u mention went over my head, but i got the part about providers and t*ats

thanks again.

E (and a nicely trimmed box too)
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

Quote from: "enid_b"without further ado....

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

pretty, sparkly, shiny, how cool is that?!   s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)

Tags: