My Dilemma

Started by Anonymous, December 14, 2003, 15:26

Anonymous

Guys/girls
             As some of you know i have bought liz's twin exhaust as she has now the H&S!    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   oh and i could never dicribe how nice it looks (well not the way i spell   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Rigth so you lots will find this funny! i picked it up thrusday nigth and had a chat with liz and i went away with a smile (from my new exhaust LOL) So there i stood thrusday looking at it in my garage thinking Yeah i could fit this no problems ! 'first mistake'   s8) 8) s8)  

Bear in mind all i have to fit is this

So i went work friday and sat so it brings me on to today sunday! I went work earily got it done so i got home around 12 ish so before i left i sprayed all the nuts so they would undo! '2nd Mistake'   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

So there i am with all my pride resting on wipping teh old exhaust off and new one on ! Lovely i crawl under the car and get the nappy off sorted! and then go about getting the rear bumper off! '3rd mistake'  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It was having none of it   s:o :o s:o   dont know why and i dont supose i ever will   s:? :? s:? . So i had read about not taking teh bumper off and taking the CATS off '4th mistake'  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

So away i went trying to undo the bolts that i had sprayed which turned out to be the wrong nuts and bolts   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  '5th mistake'

So with this and my head hurting from bashing it so much i have given up. I thought i had to share this with you as i found it very funny when i just sat down at my computer reading some articals on removing rear bumpers ! people saying it super easy   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

So i give it to you lot to save me from my dilemma as i have not got a clue! give me a SPL car to rig out and i will be away but remving a bumper off MY OWN CAR your having a G-rarf !!!!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Any way im off to pray and see if the big man upsairs can give me some help and when i wake up in teh morning 2 new tail pipes will stare me in the face !   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Cheers for listen guys i had to tell you lot as i ended up talking to my car asking how it would like me to take the bumper off But *sigh* she did not reply !

s:o :o s:o ops

Anonymous

It took the H&S chap a good few hours to do mine... and he knew exactly how to do it, so I wouldn't expect a quick fix.  Also remember that he had the car off the ground on a lift... so easier to get at.

From memory this is what he did:

- car up
- nappy off
- loosen the three bolts above the two flexible joints just down from the pre-cats.  Then losen the two bolts that hold the exhaust and main cat together.
- unplug the O2 sensor that plugs into the main cat.. the cable runs up the left corner of the car behind the rear-lights... the plug as at the top.
- remove the main cat (and flexi-joints).
- Now go about removing the exhast, as it can drop down now the main CAT is out of the way.
- Unhook each of the rubber boots which hold it all in place... this took a crow-bar and lots of oil.

With that done you can pop your new exahust on... and reverse the process.

As I say it took the chap a couple of hours, and he had all the tool, equipment, know-how and experience.  

Good luck!

Anonymous

you need to bribe someone like markiii or stevej with some beer as they know EVERYTHING - surely they could come to the rescue and have your zorst fitted in about 10 mins!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

i had asked markii and he has offered but i thought i could give it a go first ! but i have failed   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

He He you got to laugth tho   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

I wasn't much help either, eh Dave?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Cheers for listen guys i had to tell you lot as i ended up talking to my car asking how it would like me to take the bumper off But *sigh* she did not reply !

Dave, you are pure class!  Hope it gets all on a looking fine!

Anonymous

me hope so too   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Buster

As you are so close to Basildon why not be cheeky and ask Ian Reeve at H&S how much he would charge to fit it? Maybe one of his mechanics could do it as a "foreigner". It may be worth it to save markiii and you time and anguish.

Tags: