A few pics cars nearly finished

Started by Anonymous, September 18, 2007, 18:04

Anonymous

Just a few pics of my 2 nearly finsihed it gonna look at some performance and suspensions mods.

dubs

I think that looks proper-especially the front end, its really well finished unlike some of the cars on this site that just look like their owners have just chucked bits on for the sake of it-not sure about the studs on the arches though but hey its all horses for courses. good job
MR2 ROADSTER - RED - HARDTOP - BLACK LEATHER - TTE TURBO - TTE SPRINGS - TTE EXHAUST - MARKiii PIPE - TOYOTA GB BODYKIT - TOYOTA GB LIP SPOILER- DEV\'S KEYHOLES - KENWOOD DDX 6029 - IN PHASE COMPONENTS - KENWOOD BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD iPOD INTERFACE - ALPINE SWD 1600 ACTIVE SUB - 17" SP12 ALLOYS

Anonymous

Which members cars do you mean dubs?!

Chris_h

Nice job

Having seen it in the metal, I can certainly say it is distinctive, when I saw it coming up the A55, I wasn't sure what it was for a while.  (in a good way!   s:D :D s:D  )
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"Which members cars do you mean dubs?!

Yes Dubs, please enlighten us.

In a previous thread you also said this,

"in fact I would say they are the best looking wheels i've seen fitted on an mr2 on this site, the majority in that wheels thread just look utter rubbish"

Each to thier own and all that, but you do seem to like sweeping generalisations about the majority of members cars.

alancdavis

What is the front bumper tyle ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "dubs"unlike some of the cars on this site that just look like their owners have just chucked bits on for the sake of it

Interesting coming from someone with rear bumper spats but no side skirts or front spats.

mrsred your car looks great. I too am interested to know which front bumper it is. Postert by any chance?
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Draggon

Aye..proper nice motor...when I saw this driving around Caernarfon Castle...looked very good indeed  s:) :) s:)
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "evileye_xc"mrsred your car looks great. I too am interested to know which front bumper it is. Postert by any chance?

Ah, I looked on the garage and answered my own question.
Phil

spit

Like Chris, I have to say that this car looks so good in the flesh - the pics don't do it the justice it deserves.

Particularly love the arch flares. They shouldn't work but they do make one heck of a difference.

Phil! Change your signature line!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

[Mod]Probably best placed in the Appearance forum, so I'm moving it over for you - Ste [/Mod]
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

alancdavis

Any idea on the kind of bumper ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

spit

Click on the garage link Alan.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

scottish_turbo

Looking good!   s:D :D s:D

alancdavis

Quote from: "spit"Click on the garage link Alan.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

£2000 wow,,,,,think I will still look for a TTE bumper,,,,,LIZ....get a good alarm .  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

rtbiscuit

Quote from: "bossman23780"Which members cars do you mean dubs?!

i think he means mine and my insane lust for anything with a TRD logo.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

i'm just trying to work out if the flared wheel arches would work with the TRD kit i have  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

dubs

ok ladies-why all the heat towards me?  I guess some of you are obviously paranoid that I mean your cars-if you were happy with how your cars look you wouldn't need to react to a comment that was clearly directed to nobody but the member who posted the pictures?
Not that I think I need to, but I will explain that If I generalise about the cars it isn't to upset you, its because I believe to pick out individual cars would be incredibly disrespectful to the owners who have taken time and money to customise their MR2
With that in mind-If somebody posts a thread or I do particularly like a car thats in the garage I will post a comment to let the owner know.
To be honest both comments which have been highlighted by yourselves have actually been written in context to give positive feedback to other user's cars, If I had started a thread saying all your cars are rubbish I could understand your view, but I wonder how many times members, including yourselves, will slate something in a much more direct way and you will think nothing of it-like the post about the spats on my car for example.  
Frankly I find it pathetic that you take the time to pull up posts from other threads just to try and discredit my viewpoint, rather than concentrating on giving your views about that lovely red MR2 which this thread was originally started for
Oh and by the way I stand by my original reason for posting
your car looks fab, its a great colour but I still don't personally like the studs but again its your car and you enjoy them.
MR2 ROADSTER - RED - HARDTOP - BLACK LEATHER - TTE TURBO - TTE SPRINGS - TTE EXHAUST - MARKiii PIPE - TOYOTA GB BODYKIT - TOYOTA GB LIP SPOILER- DEV\'S KEYHOLES - KENWOOD DDX 6029 - IN PHASE COMPONENTS - KENWOOD BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD iPOD INTERFACE - ALPINE SWD 1600 ACTIVE SUB - 17" SP12 ALLOYS

Anonymous

To quote the bard, Macbeth "methinks the lady doth protest too much"

dubs

you know shakespeare? i'm impressed I thought the only thing you read were other peoples posts  s:) :) s:)

rtbiscuit

i hope i don't need to go and get some popcorn for this one.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

i think some people we just making a suttle comment on how some things can be misinterpreted, so just be aware of what you post.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

if its a point where humour has gone un noticed and taken the wrong way, emoticons are very useful to let other people know.

as for the spats comment phil, that was a little unnecessary, but i'm not here to adjudicate a boxing match.

lets put it down to a misunderstanding and move back on the point that the red car is very nice and shiney, and that the owner has done a spanking job so far.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Dubs, you are doing yourself no favours here. Some of your posts were antagonistic, i simply pointed that out.
Perhaps you should think about what you wish from this forum, and what you can contribute?

If you wish to continue in the same antagonistic vein, please do so via pm.

Anonymous

Quote from: "dubs"really well finished unlike some of the cars on this site that just look like their owners have just chucked bits on for the sake of it

provocation, end of story!

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"as for the spats comment phil, that was a little unnecessary, but i'm not here to adjudicate a boxing match.

I agree Rich, isn't that what the Mods do? Forgive me if you have gained moderator status and feel that adjudication is necessary. When a new member comes to the forum and makes disparaging comments in two separate threads regarding others cars shouldn't they at least try not to be hypocritical about it. If I may paraphrase, to say that they dislike most peoples wheels as utterly rubbish, then go to on to say that other people have 'chucked bits on for the sake of it' isn't the best start to make, especially after 13 posts.

This forum has a good community spirit, even amongst members who have never met there is some banter and harmless haranguing, but this person either fails to get the sense of humour, or is just plain rude. Especially, as I pointed out in my comment, he appears to have chucked on some rear spats 'for the sake of it'. If he likes big wheels and not chucked on body kits then he is free to say so, but not, I feel, at the expense of others who have put a lot of effort, time and money into making their own car the best they can.

And for Dubs, I didn't try to discredit your viewpoint, merely point out something you said in THIS thread. You've done a good job of discrediting yourself without my assistance. Perhaps being less antagonistic would get you comments recognised and accepted rather than getting other peoples backs up.
Phil

Anonymous

+1

Anonymous

++1

but in a vauge attempt to get pack on topic...  IMO the calipers need some rework - I'm not sure about gold.

maybe something like this will help

No doubt Mr rtbiscuit will endorse the use of the TRD logo

Anonymous

Stunning car mrsred, always thought the red looks best close up.

Tags: