Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec

Started by Anonymous, December 16, 2003, 11:46

Anonymous

Hi guys

Our younger son wants to sell his Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L petrol. Someone has suggested a swap with their W reg 59,000 mile Climate Pack version. I seem to recall that some members either own one or have knowledge of what to look for when buying one. Are there any major problems he should look out for?

Cheers

Slacey

Craig Stevens has one... I had one a few years back as a company car, and loved it - great motors.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

i agree, very nice motors. For general "what to look out for" find the car review on the parkers.co.uk website - it will say anything major you need to look out for.

Anonymous

Excellent cars, we are on our 2nd Ford Focus now.  The current one also a Zetec with the Climate pack is very good (heated windscreen, one of the best available apparently).

Everyone I know that has driven one wants one, and I know numerous people who now own them.  Yep its a ford, but it was definitely fords turning point!.

Amendment - the W reg should be fine, it was the early ones S & T reg that had a couple of probs as they where brand new.  We have the Y reg (the last before the front bumber face lift). This one handles a lot better than our old T reg one.

zud

My wife has a W reg 1.8 Zetec with A/C (not sure about climate pack).  I don't know how the value would compare with the jeep.  And I don't know what to look out for... but that's because nothing's gone wrong! (touch wood).  We've had two years motoring with just regular servicing, a couple of tyres and a regas of the A/C.

They're very easy to drive, and have excellent handling (for FWD "family" car).  They're a bit boring in that they're so common... but we can't think of anything to replace it for similar money/size etc.  I'm always disappointed when I have to drive it instead of the '2, but very impressed as our family car.
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

Thanks for your help guys and so quick too  s:!: :!: s:!:   I'll pass on the info to James.

Anonymous

Yeah, just to add, we had the original one for two years and nothing went wrong and only 4 new tires and an exhaust where replaced.  Hit is first MOT with no issues.

Only thing I would say is IMO there is a very great styling difference between the 3 & 5 door.  We have just got the 3 door version and it looks a lot better than the 5 I reckon.

Anonymous

Just make sure the A/C works- expensive to fix!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Tags: