SP Sports Exhaust Fitted - Engine Mangement Light Now On.

Started by garethrees, October 2, 2007, 19:37

evileye_wrx

So, apart from the cel, how have you found the SP decatted system on an n/a car?
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

roger

Quote from: "evileye_xc"So, apart from the cel, how have you found the SP decatted system on an n/a car?

Noisy!!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

garethrees

Quote from: "evileye_xc"So, apart from the cel, how have you found the SP decatted system on an n/a car?

Great! quality job, sounds loud.. seems a bit more reposnsive too! Recommended.
Cheers Gaz
---------------
Hers - 02 UK MR2 Roadster - SP Sports Exhaust, PPE Engineering Sports Cat, Black DOTZ Alloys, Kenwood Double DIN ICE.  SOLD
His - 03 Honda S2000 Silverstone - Stock
His - 96 UK Supra TT Storm Blue (6spd Manual) Stock - SOLD

garethrees

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone recommend somewhere in the Berkshire area who could fix this problem, either with a replacement ECU and re-mapping or 'O2 Sensor Fix'?  

Cheers Gareth
Cheers Gaz
---------------
Hers - 02 UK MR2 Roadster - SP Sports Exhaust, PPE Engineering Sports Cat, Black DOTZ Alloys, Kenwood Double DIN ICE.  SOLD

Liz

Quote from: "garethrees"Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone recommend somewhere in the Berkshire area who could fix this problem, either with a replacement ECU and re-mapping or 'O2 Sensor Fix'?  

Cheers Gareth

Why aren't SP fixing this??
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Cheers Gareth

Speak to Kevin at Zero Exhaust, he can make you an extra long anti fouler, he did for me. Tell him Rob sent you.

His contact details can be found here ;  w www.zeroexhausts.co.uk w

Hope this helps.

Rob.

I can reccommend a good ECU   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"

Cheers Gareth

+1

Go back to SP and get them to do it for free, as they bloody well know they should do. Simple as, and much cheaper than anywhere else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"

Cheers Gareth

+1

Go back to SP and get them to do it for free, as they bloody well know they should do. Simple as, and much cheaper than anywhere else.

Dan

I asked many times, in the end I decided to ask Zero for help.

SP claim it is fixed, but it's not - I needed a total of 30mm extension on top of what they had fitted.

Rob

garethrees

Cheers Gareth

I'm still waiting for them to find a solution.  s:( :( s:(  so now i'm looking for alternative options.
Cheers Gaz
---------------

Anonymous

Point them in the direction of this thread then, and tell them exactly what needs to be done. It's not exactly rocket science.

I can't believe that SP are being so incredibly dense about this.

garethrees

Quote from: "Ekona"I can't believe that SP are being so incredibly dense about this.

Got an email stating other customer priorities and all that (tempted to post it to be honest), made me quite mad, I'm a customer too! and been patiently waiting for 4 months.  

<rant> Must say that I will _not_ be a retuning customer at this rate! </rant>

Which is a shame as I would have spent quite a bit of money with these guys.
Cheers Gaz
---------------

Anonymous

I have the full SP decat and I get the odd CEL occasionally (P0136). Luckilly I have a code reader in my glove box and I can just reset it whenever it pops up.

garethrees

Quote from: "Matt"I have the full SP decat and I get the odd CEL occasionally (P0136). Luckilly I have a code reader in my glove box and I can just reset it whenever it pops up.

Hi Matt, did you mention the O2 conditioner from PPE in your original post,
 m http://www.mr2.com/forums/mk-3-mr2-spyd ... e-cel.html m
Cheers Gaz
---------------

Anonymous

I had a previous MR2 with no cats and a conditioner and it worked a treat. No CELs ever. I bought it from Paul at PPE direct and it was really cheap (<$10).

My current MR2 doesn't have the conditioner, but the SP full decat with antifouler.

garethrees

Quote from: "Matt"I had a previous MR2 with no cats and a conditioner and it worked a treat. No CELs ever. I bought it from Paul at PPE direct and it was really cheap (<$10).

My current MR2 doesn't have the conditioner, but the SP full decat with antifouler.

Thanks Matt, have written to PPE and asked for a cost and delivery from  m http://www.ppeengineering.com/ m

Also found this interesting link about non foulers:
 m http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229959 m  

and where to buy them:
 m http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search- ... ler&page=1 m

Cheers again for all your help.
Cheers Gaz
---------------

garethrees

Quote from: "garethrees"Thanks Matt, have written to PPE and asked for a cost and delivery from  m http://www.ppeengineering.com/ m

Got a reply from PPE on Boxing day.. now thats customer service! $19 USD shipped to the UK.

HTH
Cheers Gaz
---------------

garethrees

Just an update to this problem, I've ordered the following and going to try them in order.. so see which one fixes the CEL.

1) Non-Fouler from:  m http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjphuang m
2) O2 Conditioner from: PPE  w www.ppeengineering.com w
3) O2 Simulator and heater resistor pack from:  w www.o2simulator.com w

Just fitted the Non-Fouler 5 min job.  just wanted to check that i've put in in the correct place, I believe I have but just wanted to be sure.

The 3rd O2 sensor is in the downpipe just before the back box.  the bottom left hand side behind the bumper see pic looking up from the floor.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not.. you help is much appreciated.
Cheers Gaz
---------------

Liz

So did SP ever help you out with this at all?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "garethrees"The 3rd O2 sensor is in the downpipe just before the back box.  the bottom left hand side behind the bumper see pic looking up from the floor.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not.. you help is much appreciated.

That's the one - you've got it.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

garethrees

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"That's the one - you've got it.
Thanks very much  s:) :) s:)
Cheers Gaz
---------------

garethrees

Quote from: "Liz"So did SP ever help you out with this at all?

I waited 4 Months for a solution from SP...  s:( :( s:(  still waiting for them to find a solution and offer me the fix..  got fobbed off quite a few times... not best pleased to be honest.  So decided to give it a go myself.  s:) :) s:)
Cheers Gaz
---------------

garethrees

Just thought I'd close this one off with the final results:

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19537&p=241434#p241434

The O2 Simulator has been working for 16 months, for the price and easy of fitting I'd recommend it.
Cheers Gaz
---------------

Anonymous

Appreciate the info, it's good to know.

Tags: