Tyres in/around South London?

Started by zud, December 17, 2003, 14:46

zud

I'd hoped to get my tyres replaced when Mr T does my wheels, but that won't be until next month now, and by waiting I'd be risking a fine much bigger than any potential saving!

So I'm looking for tyres around Epsom, Sutton, Kingston, Hounslow areas... anyone got any places to recommend?

So far I've got a quote for Goodyear Eagle F1's for just under £300 all in.  I was considering Toyo Proxes, but they don't seem to be much cheaper... maybe £20 cheaper, but not enough to ignore the F1's.

Bite their hand off for £300?  Keep looking?  Whaddya think?
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

markiii

It's as cheap as you'll get on the web so I'd do it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

zud

I did it... but wish I hadn't!!  They lost all power to the garage half way through fitting the tyres.  So I've currently got a brand new F1 opposite a near illegal Bridgestone on the back.  And I've got two new F1s on the front... one fitted the wrong way round!!!  And I can't get back until Monday!!  @rse!!!

Anonymous

Where did you go?
I will be looking around that area soon and after the nightmare I had last time  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  , I will be looking for somewhere new.

Slacey

Quote from: "zud"I did it... but wish I hadn't!!  They lost all power to the garage half way through fitting the tyres.  So I've currently got a brand new F1 opposite a near illegal Bridgestone on the back.  And I've got two new F1s on the front... one fitted the wrong way round!!!  And I can't get back until Monday!!  @rse!!!
Jesus! What a bunch of monkeys! The power obviously isn't thier fault (unless they didn't pay the bill  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ), but putting one of the fronts on the wrong way is both stupid and dangerous.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

zud

There were two guys doing it, and the one that looked a few sandwiches short of picnic actually seemed OK.  It was the other bloke who nearly put a 205 on the front, then put the 185 on the wrong way round!  He realised before inflating, but the power went before he could correct it, so the only option was for him to walk to the nearest garage and inflate it just so I could get home!  

I later discovered that in all the confusion of having my Visa rejected (holiday plus Xmas shopping!) and having to hold the torch while they changed the till roll... I left my debit card at the garage.  So I've had to cancel my card, get my wife to withdraw enough money to pay for the fourth tyre, and I've just been back today.

So apart from the inconvenience of cancelling my card and spending 2 hours of my Sat driving to Hounslow and back... I eventually got four Eagle F1s for £297... and they feel superb.  I reckon I'd have been challenging Andy if I'd had them at North Weald!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    Well, OK, it might have helped a little bit.

Tags: