RIP SP240

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2007, 12:00

Anonymous

I comming home from my sister in laws house last nigh when I had a wee accident. I was doing about 50ish was not going fast hit a couple of hidden dips and lost the back end into a hedge and a field. Spent to hours in the hospital and given the all clear. The car is FUBAR'D so there goes the only TTE Turbo in Ireland.

TTE style bar still intact

I know its only a car but it was my car and it is now going to be a right off but it probably saved my life.

philster_d

Arrrrrrgggg

Sorry to hear that, glad you are in 1 piece.

Phil

Anonymous

That hardtop saved your head I reckon...

Good that you're okay!

Wabbitkilla

Likewise - glad you're ok mate.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

philster_d

Looks a bit too close to that concrete as well. Phew.

Anonymous

Looking at it today the hardtop and style bar all helped protect me the drivers side looks ok far better than the passengers side.

Stifler

Jesus, that looks horrendous, glad your ok thats the main thing.

Sorry about the car  s:( :( s:(

fstsven

Ouch man...   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  
I know it's a cliché and it probably doesn't help to cheer you up right now, but your wellbeing is the most valuable thing you have, and you still have that!
It is a sorry sight though; was a really nice car...   s:( :( s:(  
Seems like it did a pretty good job of protecting its occupant(s).

Quotehit a couple of hidden dips and lost the back end into a hedge and a field.
Did it happen in a corner or a straight line?

Cheers mate.
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
APEX progressive rate springs (-30mm)
3.ORACING breastplate
TOYO proxes R1R 205/50/15(f)-225/45/16(r)
25 kgs extra lightness

northernalex

OMG that looks awful.. thank god you're in one piece after that..car is definalty totaled... scavange off it what you can before it gets "sold" to the insurers.. (hard top clips/wheels etc).

All the best,

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

SimonC_Here

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Glad you're OK.
how many times did it roll?

Simon

Anonymous

There are 3 dips two of them before the corner one of them in the corner I think it was the last one that got me. I tried to hold it but went up the bank fo about 30 yard and the went over the bank and traveled for about 30 yards only went over once I think.

Liz

Jeese - sorry to see that Simon - glad that you are ok.

Can you get the turbo off of it, or is it pooped and put it on Nicolas car, or at least salvage it for your next vehicle - I am sure that there are vultures out there who will be after bits - the C-One vents for example   s:? :? s:?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

The c-one vents are all scraped and I couldn't get the drivers side one off anyway but the engine bay looks to be ok apart from the bent exhaust tips might be able to get some bits of the car. Once they lift the car and have it the right way round then I will be able to get a good look at what I can get at.

custardavenger

Glad your ok mate. I guess you know how luck you are. I hope the insurance goes smooth for you.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

loadswine

As everyone else has said, thank goodness you are okay.
That looked a real nasty.
The car was superb, so great shame, but at least you're here and able to talk to us.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

celmacmat

Glad you are OK simon, look horrible   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

Anonymous

Jesus Simon, Glad ur Ok

Sorry about the car but like they say every one can walk away from....

normanh

Omg just so happy to hear that you are ok even though there was a hospital visit, cars can be replaced you cant!!!!

normanh

kanujunkie

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  holy crap   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

everybody else has said it already but glad to hear your ok, it only a car. So immortal  question, are you going to get a new car and transfer the parts??
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

i don't know yet I will need to see what £££ I get fromthe insurance company I did have gap insurance as well so that should help. I am thinking about it but dont know if I could really go through it all. The engine should be fine so getting the turbo stuff would be ok and all those bits but it might just never be the same.

I have been thinking about a change to a subaru or the like lots of second hand cars about for silly money. Who knows.

spit

Ouch. Thankfully your car has done its sacrificial bit to protect you. Nice to know you were able to walk away from that in one piece.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

ninjinski

Mate glad you are OK that looks like one scary situation to end up in - You are very lucky to be in one piece. Main thing is you are OK. Major bummer - feel for you mate!!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

NorthandSouth

So glad you walked away albeit with a trip to hospital.  Cars can be replaced...you cant!!!!

Lynne
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

uktotty

Holy crap that looks serious Simon.
Well done to the car for alowing you to write this post I say.
Like everyones said, grab what you can from it before they crush the little baby.

northernalex

Quote from: "simonmr2"i don't know yet I will need to see what £££ I get fromthe insurance company I did have gap insurance as well so that should help. I am thinking about it but dont know if I could really go through it all. The engine should be fine so getting the turbo stuff would be ok and all those bits but it might just never be the same.

I have been thinking about a change to a subaru or the like lots of second hand cars about for silly money. Who knows.

Surely gap insurance is to cover you if the car is stolen and not recovered?.. although I could be wrong.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Tags: