RIP SP240

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2007, 12:00

Anonymous

Wow! Irish eyes were smiling on you there Simon, first look at the the pics scared me, glad you are ok though.  s:) :) s:)

aaronjb

Crap.

That's a hell of a smash - looks like you ended up somersaulting over the hedge upside down!

Good to see the TTE bar stayed intact though and didn't fold over, that was always my worry with mine (having seen the mounting brackets - L shaped pressed flat steel that looks like it'd make a nice hinge) - in fact it seems to be largely holding the back of the car up (along with the seats!).

Anyway - sorry to see it, glad you came out unscathed though, could have been so much worse given the proximity to that concrete trough.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Condolences mate  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Glad to hear you are ok......it makes me worry what would happen without a hard-top  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Glad you are OK. You totaled it with some style though!

Anonymous

Wow!! Reasuring in a way though that the car can protect it's driver even in a terrible roll over like that.

All the best.

proeliator2001

Bloody hell.  If I'd have seen pictures of that without reading the text first I'd have been sure the driver suffered serious head trauma, me thinks you were less unlucky that you could have been.  Can only imagine how hacked off you are but as all the above say, it's better you're here and hacked off that up in the clouds learning how to play a harp (or being prodded by a pitch fork, depending on how you lived your life   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "aaronjb"Good to see the TTE bar stayed intact though and didn't fold over, that was always my worry with mine (having seen the mounting brackets - L shaped pressed flat steel that looks like it'd make a nice hinge) - in fact it seems to be largely holding the back of the car up (along with the seats!).

Probably the hardtop doing that really!

Looks really nasty though.
Like the bracing on the bottom though!

Simon

philster_d

Someone should show those photos to the mr2 spint people to show it can take a roll over.

Anonymous

Really really sorry to hear this. You must be gutted.

Having been through similar recently (except the rolling bit) I think I have a pretty good idea of how you must be feeling. It's the scariest thing, and you know you were lucky to walk away, you know you were lucky that the car saved you, you know you're lucky that you didn't land on that concrete thing, you know it's only a car and can be replaced. But you probably don't feel at all lucky right now   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  and that's understandable.

My advice re the insurance: start collecting evidence now to prove how much your car is worth; adverts of similar from Autotrader, Pistonheads etc. The assessors will use Glasses guide but I very much doubt they'll have a turbo listed so you'll need to be prepared for a battle. Start keeping a log of every single contact with the insurance people, including names, as these things often turn into a saga unfortunately. Even if you are thinking of not replacing with another 2, don't tell them that - as far as they are concerned you need the payout to enable you to replace with similar. Get a figure in your mind, don't tell them what it is just yet, and stick with it but be prepared to fight your corner.
I'm no expert but please feel free to PM me if you have any questions - good luck!

Silverman

Quite a trip Simon....   Haven't read all the posts too carefully, but take it you had nobody riding shotgun.  How quickly and 'how' did you get out of the car and how big (height/weight) are you?  Glad you're OK - S'man.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Anonymous

Easier said than done honey but never worry about the car as long as i have you thats all that matters!! cars can be replaced but you cant!! Love U x

Anonymous

Quote from: "simonp"Wow!! Reasuring in a way though that the car can protect it's driver even in a terrible roll over like that.

All the best.

Providing you have a hard top. Thank god you did.

Anonymous

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I am about 6.1 ish the drivers side was really left intact ecen the window wasn't broken so on reflection I was really lucky. I was the only person in the car. The hardtop pretty much bust apart and there is parts of it all arround the car but a combo of this and the 'style' bar I think saved my life. When the car stoped I was hanging upside down and started to panic a bit but managed to get out of the passengers door.

Strange thing is that my phone had rung 99 which is starting to freak me out a bit some one was looking out for me. It also turns out that there was a other crash in the same place not so long ago.

heathstimpson

Thank God your ok matey  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

firepower

glad to see you are ok mate......when the mr2 goes it goes fast and hard and gives you little chance to hold it   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  such a shame about the car it was a great looking car but at least your fine and thats the most important thing
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

Silverman

Quote from: "simonmr2"Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I am about 6.1 ish the drivers side was really left intact ecen the window wasn't broken so on reflection I was really lucky. I was the only person in the car. The hardtop pretty much bust apart and there is parts of it all arround the car but a combo of this and the 'style' bar I think saved my life. When the car stoped I was hanging upside down and started to panic a bit but managed to get out of the passengers door.

Strange thing is that my phone had rung 99 which is starting to freak me out a bit some one was looking out for me. It also turns out that there was a other crash in the same place not so long ago.

Thank you for that, Simon.  It's fairly well known that I'm a bit of an ingress/egress nut, even when the car's upright!  Inverted is a new study area!   Best Wishes.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Tem

Oh my!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Good to hear you weren't hurt, but it looks like a close call. Imagine if the car slid further and that concrete thing came right at you.  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

roger

Glad you are OK mate, that's the main thing. Sod the car, but be thankful (in a way) it got you out unscathed.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Isn't Russ {uktotty) looking for the hardtop strikers? Quick bit of cash for you there then sell the rear plates on here, sc, or ebay.

philster_d

Although they may be ruined if you do manage to get the vents off I will take them off your hands for postage and a bit of beer money. I am looking for something to practice/learn on as my first fibreglassing project so something broken that I cant ruin would be ideal. Feel free to drop me a PM if maybe we could work something out.

Philster

Anonymous

Went up tody to see if the car had been moved like the insurance company said it would and discovered some thieving bassdrinker has stolen my wheeles, intercooler and side vents. Phoned the insurance and guess what only a out of hours service. I phoned the police and they are going to keep a eye on it.

kanujunkie

bloody hell, thats adding insult to injury  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

OMG, that unbelieveable - not being funny but keep an eye on ebay - I bet they show up there - who would take an intercooler FFS!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

I didn't take the C-One vents - honest!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

WOW thats a serious dull yin!

Glad your ok though! life worth more more than the car!

northernalex

WTF!!!

Some people  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Tags: