Yokohama A043

Started by Anonymous, December 18, 2003, 10:01

Anonymous

It's time for me to replace my rear tyres. Unlike a lot of people on here, I have been happy with the stock Yokohama tyres. However, I can't find the right size (205 55 R15?) on mytres.co.uk. Their prices seem to be much lower than anyone else's. Can someone recommend somewhere else (online or not) where I can get tyres at a decent price. (I know someone who'll fit them for free). Cheers. BTW my local Toyota dealer has quoted £115 per tyre including VAT - that seems ludicrously expensive.

zud

You want 205/50/15 on the rear.

(Its 185/55/15 on the front)

Good luck with mytyres.  They also look v.cheap for the Toyo Proxes, but I'm now going for the Eagle F1s where they're not so cheap!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

on a similar theme....
I've just fitted 215 40 16s on the back of my 2 instead of the standard 215 45 16 - am shocked by the acceleration increase, feels like its got another 20 bhp!!  I know the speedo is going to under-read even more than normal but i think its well worth it.

Everyone - fit smaller diameter tyres!!    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Jon

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jon H"I know the speedo is going to under-read even more than normal but i think its well worth it

The speedo will overread (more than normal) if you reduce the circumference. According to http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html you've reduced the circumference from 74.2in to 71.5in, or a speedo 60mph is actually 57.8mph (plus any pre-existing error).

Anonymous

i put pirellis on the rears when my yokos went bald,they only cost me £60 a tyre and thats including fitting and balancing.

Anonymous

When replacing my Yokos I have tended to get them in the £85 category so I would say your dealer is rather expensive. You may want to the Yoko UK website and look for local retailers.

QuoteUnlike a lot of people on here, I have been happy with the stock Yokohama tyres.

I am a fan of the Yokos as a summer tyre but if you are having the chance to change all four and in the winter months try the Goodyear F1 Eagles. I have found them to be excellent for wet handling, much better than my Yokos were but I have yet to try them during a summer. My guess is if I had the spare alloys I would go Yoko/F1 for summer/winter.

Tags: