Funny Noise when Accelorating

Started by Anonymous, December 19, 2003, 08:50

Anonymous

My car is making a high pitched noise that can only be described as a "weeeeee" when the throttle is 60% open or more - it gets louder as the revs rise and seems to kick in as the VVTi does (4.5K RPM).

Mr T deny they can hear ANYTHING  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

But me, my dad, my g/f and my mum can ALL hear it   s:? :? s:?  

Any ideas?

Anonymous

air intake wotsit?

dreambackup

Quote from: "bigun007"Mr T deny they can hear ANYTHING  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
Toyota must hire exclusively deaf technicians around the world.   s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  

Seems like they hear no strange noise around our cars, even if it is obvious...   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Or maybe they just are used to hearing noises in their own cars...   s:? :? s:?  

Note to Audi dealers: NEVER hire a former Toy tech... or else you'll end up in court for murder.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

Sounds like a VERY lous s/c i suppose after having driven an XJR i think it sounds kinda close to an S/C under full load.

Tat help any more?

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"My car is making a high pitched noise that can only be described as a "weeeeee" when the throttle is 60% open or more - it gets louder as the revs rise and seems to kick in as the VVTi does (4.5K RPM).

Mr T deny they can hear ANYTHING  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

But me, my dad, my g/f and my mum can ALL hear it   s:? :? s:?  

Any ideas?

Yeh, the cars just enjoying its self   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Id go to another MRT and ask them.

Anonymous

Hiyah.

Sounds very similar to the noise mine has been making for a while.. have been putting off making a special trip to the dealer for exactly the reason you mentioned!

I'm debating whether mine is tyre noise from almost-need-replacing Bridgestones, wheel bearing wear, or some kind of front air intake blockage.. very difficult to tell!

Especially as my Remus seems to drown out the noise when I put my foot down..   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ... but it's definitely speed related and not audible when revving the engine in neutral.

Let me know if you have any luck!
Cheers,

Tim

Tags: