Weather warning!

Started by Anonymous, December 19, 2003, 09:27

Anonymous

Driving from Northants up to Bradford area tomorrow to pick up my new baby   s:D :D s:D   and the last two times I've collected soft tops the weather has been bleedin horrendous!   s:( :( s:(   so be warned   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

In case your wondering why I would be buying from a dealer so far from home?  £15650 for a manual (no hard top)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D    had to pay extra for the chrome design bar and custom leather but 10% off these as well.

Checked the price against TradeSales in Slough and even they cant match it and theirs are imports!

Have been going to bradford for the servicing of my celica and TTE extras ( springs etc) for the past two years as their service is just great, also I have a company fuel card so distance isnt really a problem.

Looking forward to getting my new addition home, just hope its not icy as would hate to lose that back end on my first trip out !

remember, umberellas tomorrow   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Yes be careful.... i work in Northampton and the roads have been pretty crappy here and in Milton Keynes... very icy on the roads. Take care! (but enjoy your lovely new car!)

Anonymous

Cheers Kris, my office (when I'm there) is in Brackmills so might see you about on the roads

zud

I know the feeling... it rained for a solid fortnight when my wife bought her convertible a few years back (in June!).  And it snowed when I got my '2 in Jan of this year!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "perry190"Driving from Northants up to Bradford area tomorrow to pick up my new baby   s:D :D s:D   and the last two times I've collected soft tops the weather has been bleedin horrendous!   s:( :( s:(   so be warned   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

In case your wondering why I would be buying from a dealer so far from home?  £15650 for a manual (no hard top)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D    had to pay extra for the chrome design bar and custom leather but 10% off these as well.

Checked the price against TradeSales in Slough and even they cant match it and theirs are imports!

Have been going to bradford for the servicing of my celica and TTE extras ( springs etc) for the past two years as their service is just great, also I have a company fuel card so distance isnt really a problem.

Looking forward to getting my new addition home, just hope its not icy as would hate to lose that back end on my first trip out !

remember, umberellas tomorrow   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I paid £16100 for a manual with leather and metallic in Milton Keynes?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

i best not say what i paid then.....   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

mine works out about the same as your miltom keynes price then except I didnt have metalic but I had 'custom' leather instead   s:? :? s:?  

Arh well just looked at the present retail price on a new one of £17.5k and thought hey that'll do me  :-) :-) :-)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"i best not say what i paid then.....   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I'm still desperate to know the answer to that one  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I'm still desperate to know the answer to that one  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

lol, over a grand & a half less than you paid (but ive not got leather seats)

dancarbon

Who is your dealer of choice in sunny Bradford?
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Airdale toyota (Silsden)  10% discount to Celeca Club members, will be confirming we can have the same tomorrow  s;-) ;-) s;-)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"I'm still desperate to know the answer to that one  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

lol, over a grand & a half less than you paid (but ive not got leather seats)
That was a bloody good deal; didn't realise that they had that much mark up on them; surprising nowadays.

Slacey

Quote from: "perry190"remember, umberellas tomorrow   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Lo and behold, here in Telford it is tipping it down!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

The prophecy is true  s:( :( s:(
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "perry190"remember, umberellas tomorrow   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Lo and behold, here in Telford it is tipping it down!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

The prophecy is true  s:( :( s:(

Same down here in Oxford.  Ever thought of being a weatherman?

markiii

and in herts
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

and Essex - and YEP I took the 2' out.  Now its wet!

She didnt like it, she said "why didnt you take the family car"

Slacey

Quote from: "cstevens"and Essex - and YEP I took the 2' out.  Now its wet!

She didnt like it, she said "why didnt you take the family car"
I think one or the other needs to go!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Well I did warn you all!

bleedin pi###d it down all the way back, 50 mph in the middle lane was hardly the first drive I hoped for   s:( :( s:(    but still smiling!  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Glad you got it OK Perry, just have to look forward to the good weather now  s:D :D s:D  

I must admit, I'm busting to get the HT off again  s:( :( s:(

markiii

Quote from: "perry190"Well I did warn you all!

bleedin pi###d it down all the way back, 50 mph in the middle lane was hardly the first drive I hoped for   s:( :( s:(    but still smiling!  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

ah well thats a fair chunk of your break in done, so hopefully you'll be able to thrash it when the weather clears up.

If this is your first 2 though be careful after the celica, it's not so forgiving in the wet, especially on the stock tyres. Talking of which have you checked your pressures? It seems to be a common error for dealers to leave them at teh 50PSI delivery pressures.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I'll check those pressures...thanks   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

had a mk 2 for a good few years and managed to spin her up in snowdonia on some sludge/light snow. She went around three and a half times and ended up gouging the back bumper and mashing the rear light on a crash barrier (scared the living day lights out of me!)

A work mate passed tha same area 40 mins later and another guy had apparently done the same and ended up going the opposite direction and going down the side of the mountain! apparently he didnt make it out  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Things like that put it all into perspective, I now drive like a granny in the wet and ice.  sobering thought I know, but light car, plenty of power and rear wheel drive, you just have be careful.

Anonymous

Congratulations on the new 2, but by heck have you buggered the weather up   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    

My forecast says expect snow & high winds tomorrow  s:!: :!: s:!:

dancarbon

Quote from: "perry190"Airdale toyota (Silsden)  10% discount to Celeca Club members, will be confirming we can have the same tomorrow  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Blimey! They're not even convenient for me to get to  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
Now that's what I call dealer loyalty   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

What was the news on the discount?
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

He said that he had set it up for the MR2DC and couldnt see any problem with MROC doing the same thing. Unfortunately to ensure only members are getting a discount they need proof of membership and as this site isnt set up on a paying membership basis thats a bit difficult.  s:? :? s:?  

He's on his hols now but will havea proper chat with him after xmas (only saw the sales guy when I picked up the 'two' not the usual aftersales manager

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"He said that he had set it up for the MR2DC and couldnt see any problem with MROC doing the same thing. Unfortunately to ensure only members are getting a discount they need proof of membership and as this site isnt set up on a paying membership basis thats a bit difficult.  s:? :? s:?  

How about if they display the ROC sticker in their window?

Tags: