My car has been vandalised

Started by celmacmat, October 25, 2007, 09:07

alancdavis

This is awful,,,I know the mess it makes when they broke into my company car,  Hope your insurance will sort it out quickly.
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Really sorry to read this Celine, it's typical of the dick heads we have around these days. I think I would have to break their legs if they were caught.

Mind you it sounds like they may have damaged your sill as well  s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob.

dbrown

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "dbrown"police are a waste of time

[mod] Please bear in mind that we have more than one police officer here on this forum - as owners and enthusiasts..

I'm sure we've all had bad experiences with the police (yes, I had a car broken into too - and no they didn't come out), but try not to generalise like that - you might cause offence even if you didn't mean to (and I hope you wouldn't mean to, because if you did then you'll not be staying here long!)[/mod]

realise that and apologies to anyone who was offended
just going by my experiences (and maybe i've been unlucky
and had officers on bad days)
i have friends who are police officers and realise their hands are
tied in a lot of these situations

but really i only said the same as a few others have said anyway
i.e. don't expect any help and they're too busy catching motorists
(others words not mine) but maybe i was a bit blunt sorry
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

aaronjb

It's ok - I just didn't want the thread descending, as a few others have done, into a pure police-bashing thread.. Unfortunately your comments were the bluntest that I spotted, so you got picked on  s;) ;) s;)

No hard feelings from anyone, I'm sure  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dbrown

sometimes forget that text on a forum can usually
be taken more ways and more literally than when
talking face to face

as i said hope nobody was offended as i've looked at a few forums
and this seems to be more suited to me than some
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

Anonymous

sad to hear when someones pride and joy gets damaged  s:( :( s:(

little bar-stewards

celmacmat

Autoglass has come and gone and i now have a new windscreen   s:D :D s:D  

Tomorrow will give the car a good wash and check for scratches. Will vacuum thoroughly too, don't want to cut myself on tiny pieces of glass   s:? :? s:?
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

celmacmat

Some pics...self explanatory   s:? :? s:?  

The culprit shoes prints

Celine

Wabbitkilla

Eeeaaauuuuwwww  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Not nice! Commiserations m'dear, scroats like that should be hanged by their dangly bits. I'm guessing that you'll have some scratched on the bonnet and frankly surprised there's no bending damage.

Might polish out?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

philster_d

the footprint of an idiot, interesting. The missing link maybe.

Hopefuly she made them slip and fall off and hurt themselfs on the floor!

filcee

Quote from: "celmacmat"One hour late phoned back to let me know that they won't send the unit round because... there is no point taking shoe print as they can only match it to a brand of shoe and not the person in the show (the policeman words, not mine).
This makes me quite angry. If a bobby on the beat now spots a member of the pond-life eying up a car, or climbing over one, and nicks him/her they will have a bundle of evidence in their clothes, shoes and hand and finger prints.  But they haven't gathered anything from your car, so what they won't be able to do is determine whether that particular piece of pond-life was involved in the damage to your car.

This is absolute madness, if you ask me.  With forensics being as advanced as it is now, you'd think that the force would be out gathering as much evidence as they possibly can and feeding into big computers in an attempt to find a match.  It wouldn't surprise me if the prints on your car haven't already turned up somewhere before.
I wonder if this is because the amount of paperwork required to process the findings would have necessitated staying too long after the end of shift in a thankless job.  Part of me can't blame them for that, but another part of me thinks that the evidence should be gathered, regardless.

Hope all is well now.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

philster_d

Yeah, you wouldnt have to put up with that on CSI Miami

celmacmat

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Commiserations m'dear, scroats like that should be hanged by their dangly bits
I agree with you although I will be even nastier than that if I get my hand on the little sods (again to stay polite).

Filcee - with so distinctive marks I would have thought they would have come out.

Phil - hope he hurt himself too. Hope someone give him a bit of his medicine too, hopefully it will teach him a lesson (but I am doubtful, scums are scums all their life   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

Well now just need to check for scratches... hopefully not too many and i can polish them out.
Celine

aaronjb

I suggest saving all the little bits of glass (and the fluff in your hoover) and feeding it to the scrote, should you ever find him  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

I think that the fact incidents like this have been on the news and youtube are to blame as well now. The little neds see it and think "oooh that looks like a laugh" bet not many of them had even thought of that before now !!

after being a victim of vandalism myself it now means im up at my window at every noise i hear (in fact the four weeks without a care were the best 3 weeks sleep ever).

However ive now set up a camera system, and have items to hand in case of emergency.

aaronjb

Quote from: "theWizard"However ive now set up a camera system, and have items to hand in case of emergency.

I used to have a camera on the front of my house too.. till someone ripped it off  s:? :? s:?  and indeed - the next time I find someone climbing in my bedroom (ground floor) window (yes, it's happened!) I'll do more than shout at them.

I'm now looking forward to three months of the doorbell going every night with 'trick or treat' or 'carol singing' - they started last week.. always the same scrotes, little mini hoodied chavs.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Anyway, back to Marsupette.. hope there are no scratches Celine!

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"I used to have a camera on the front of my house too.. till someone ripped it off  s:? :? s:?  and indeed - the next time I find someone climbing in my bedroom (ground floor) window (yes, it's happened!) I'll do more than shout at them.

Ah there are some bonuses to living in a first floor flat then .... the downside being when you see a traffic cone fly over the fence on to the bonnet it takes to long to get dressed, find armory and get down stairs before they get away !

Liz

Quote from: "aaronjb"....the next time I find someone climbing in my bedroom (ground floor) window (yes, it's happened!) I'll do more than shout at them.

Blimey, I better be more careful next time then!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

<BOT>  I hope that there are no scratches Celine, can you claim for that if there are?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

aaronjb

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "aaronjb"....the next time I find someone climbing in my bedroom (ground floor) window (yes, it's happened!) I'll do more than shout at them.

Blimey, I better be more careful next time then!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  You can climb in my window any time, Liz..  s;) ;) s;)

But y'know, you could just knock on the front door  s:P :P s:P   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

[edit] Sorry.. sorry.. enough drift from me  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Its not a policing failure but a prosocution issue. Judges just arn't tough enough on scumbags commiting anti social crimes. Asbos and cushy jails are not a deterrant. Sentances should meen propper hard labour, real ball busting work.

If your average happy slapper idiot thought he'd get pulled from school/collage/dole and a month inside digging holes in the ground or smashing rocks you'd see a big difference.

F**k Hunan rights legislation

Rant Over!

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your car Celine.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

This is a classic example though of why the vast majority of the public have lost all respect and faith in the police, judicary and goverment.

We have a minor traffic violation and are fined and given points for it as the cop who had the choice to book you or give a warning depending on what he or she witnessed has been replaced by revenue gathering cameras that do nothing for road safety.

We then have our car damaged which we have insured, taxed and mot'ed according to the law, and the police do not have the resources to investigate.

Either way at the moment the law abiding are easy targets, surely the worm must turn soon?

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "kj"Its not a policing failure but a prosocution issue. Judges just arn't tough enough on scumbags commiting anti social crimes. Asbos and cushy jails are not a deterrant. Sentances should meen propper hard labour, real ball busting work.
Strictly incorrect, being the son of a (now ex) magistrate, the criminal justice bill - brought in by this government, hamstrung the judiciary from treating these criminals as they are - criminals. Which is why he resigned.

The police are over whelmed by targets and paper work, health and safety legislation, and human rights legislation and do-gooders.

Like i said earlier, it's got to the point where a previous way of policing and dealing with these turks is needed. Bring back the SPG, a bunch of hardened cops who turn up in a van and beat the sh** out of the b*****ds before carting them off for a night in an uncomfortable cell, with the distinct possibility of further harsh treatment.

The current system isn't working
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Anonymous

forgive my ignorance ... what is SPG ?

neilbro39

Quote from: "celmacmat"Stockport Police said as there are shoe prints on the bonnet they will send the forensic unit round (SOCO?) whithin an hour.

One hour late phoned back to let me know that they won't send the unit round because... there is no point taking shoe print as they can only match it to a brand of shoe and not the person in the show (the policeman words, not mine).

Celine, sorry to see this. Footwear prints can be as conclusive as fingerprints in certain circumstances and have proved key evidence in a number of police investigations. The prints look quite clear and a SOCO should probably have assessed this. What I would say however is that not all Police Forces are as advanced as some in this area, and some may have different policies for the types of crime SOCO's are called to.
If however some toe-rag was arrested tomorrow for the same thing on someone elses car, the police could and should take his/her footwear and compare them with the impressions on your car. If they do not even analyse and 'lift' the impressions then this can not be done.
If you have not cleaned them off, it may be worth ringing again and trying to push this, perhaps by speaking to an Inspector.
I wish you luck.
2000, Astral black, Razo gear knob, gutted pre-cats, otherwise as Mr T intended it!

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "theWizard"forgive my ignorance ... what is SPG ?

Special Patrol Group.

Used to travel in black vans in the 80's and thump people who were misbehaving - or being "antisocial"

Tags: