My car has been vandalised

Started by celmacmat, October 25, 2007, 09:07

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"
Quote from: "theWizard"forgive my ignorance ... what is SPG ?

Special Patrol Group.

Used to travel in black vans in the 80's and thump people who were misbehaving - or being "antisocial"

ill buy 3 thanks!

aaronjb

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Used to travel in black vans in the 80's and thump people who were misbehaving - or being "antisocial"

I thought that was the A-team?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Bring back the SPG i say!

SPG? You old fashioned boy you!

philster_d

Shut up foo!

Anonymous

Celine, very sorry to hear about your troubles, I too have many desires to get medieval on these idiots, but the SPG were disbanded because they kicked the sh*t out of everybody if I remember correctly.... and we don't need thugs in uniform do we?
Re your footprints, and you know what I do for a job (and those that don't can work it out   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) yes, police do take note of footprints and footwear and use every piece of forensic evidence possible, and yes, some forces are not quite as on board with some practices as others, and yes, sometimes you get a good idividual to deal with and sometimes you get a bad one. However the prints on your car, going by the photos, are not complete and what is there is smudged. A make of shoe might be identifiable, but not who wore it. Forensic examinations cost time and money, and a realistic assessment has to be made in each case in order to spend resources appropriatly. I appreciate that a visit from a constable would have been appropriate in order to make such an assessment, and most of us in the front line would still prefer to be doing that, so I make no attempt to defend the lack of attendance by police. Just wish to point out, with regards the footprints, don't always believe what you see on the TV. Anyway we're far too busy catching speeders.....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

northernalex

Quote from: "Mister Rebel"Celine, very sorry to hear about your troubles, I too have many desires to get medieval on these idiots, but the SPG were disbanded because they kicked the sh*t out of everybody if I remember correctly.... and we don't need thugs in uniform do we?
Re your footprints, and you know what I do for a job (and those that don't can work it out   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) yes, police do take note of footprints and footwear and use every piece of forensic evidence possible, and yes, some forces are not quite as on board with some practices as others, and yes, sometimes you get a good idividual to deal with and sometimes you get a bad one. However the prints on your car, going by the photos, are not complete and what is there is smudged. A make of shoe might be identifiable, but not who wore it. Forensic examinations cost time and money, and a realistic assessment has to be made in each case in order to spend resources appropriatly. I appreciate that a visit from a constable would have been appropriate in order to make such an assessment, and most of us in the front line would still prefer to be doing that, so I make no attempt to defend the lack of attendance by police. Just wish to point out, with regards the footprints, don't always believe what you see on the TV. Anyway we're far too busy catching speeders.....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

off topic... apparantly CSI in the states has been responsible for a few cases falling though as the jury demands more and more evidence as the show makes the watchers think the the work done by the crime scene guys is soo easy! and quick..
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

celmacmat

Thanks for your support guys... hugs to all of you   s:D :D s:D  

Washed the car yesterday (while it was still dry) and put the hard top on at the same time.

It seems that I was very lucky; I can't see any huge scratches, nothing that cannot be polished out.

Took me one hour to get rid of all the glass   s:? :? s:?

Yesterday afternoon, spoke to one of our neighbour after seeing some tape on his windscreen... guess what, same night, same idiots, same crime. He has phoned the police later than me (I phone around 8.15am), and this time SOCO came and took prints. Shoes and fingers as there was a clear handprint on the boot of the car.

I suppose the police could not ignore to come out after two reports of the same crime/damage 50 yards away from each other.

Hope they catch the little "merde"   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

neilbro39

Quote from: "celmacmat"Yesterday afternoon, spoke to one of our neighbour after seeing some tape on his windscreen... guess what, same night, same idiots, same crime. He has phoned the police later than me (I phone around 8.15am), and this time SOCO came and took prints. Shoes and fingers as there was a clear handprint on the boot of the car.

This was the point I was trying to explain, regardless of wether the prints on your car were a bit smudged (I have seen worse ), If they catch the toerag who did your neighbours crime, and they have the same style of shoes as the prints on your car it is a lot more to put to them in an interview, whether they can be matched up forensically or not. unless the police even try however then it is lost. Customer satisfaction is also potentially lost. Anyway, I don't wish to go on about this, and hope you get your car sorted okay.
2000, Astral black, Razo gear knob, gutted pre-cats, otherwise as Mr T intended it!

Haslamr2

Hi Celine,

Really sorry to see what these morons have done to your car! Something bad will happen to them...I believe in reaping what you sow.

Hope she's back to normal soon   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

xx
[size=75]05 MR2 1.8 VVT-i Roadster Red Spec Edit, TTE Dual exhaust TTE Lowering springs
Ali Larter in the passenger seat...lovin it!!! [/size]

Anonymous

Really sorry to hear that Celine - big (belated) hugs from down South.  Really hope you managed to hoover up the glass without scratching your leather.

spynish

Sorry to hear that Celine, hope you fix it soon.

steveybmr2-173

That is really rubbish Celine, mindless idiots! hope you get it sorted ok and back to former glory soon  s:( :( s:(

heathstimpson

Bad news indeed Celine. I'm glad the bodywork looks to be ok as this would cause you even more grief  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: