5 stud to 4 stud is there a way???

Started by Anonymous, November 14, 2007, 20:44

Anonymous

Hi Im looking at some wheels and they only come with a 5 stud fitment is there any way for me to get these on my mr2?

Any help would be great  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

kanujunkie

possibly but you'll need to do some custom investigation, but the celica stuff may work with some modification, the main being fronts on back and backs on front iyswim. plus for the celica rears you will probably need to get the hubs split and the outer section that connects to the wheel pressed onto the roadster inner section, you may need to get this milled out as well.

Please remember i cannot confirm any of this, it only looks as though it should work, bearings will need to be pressed in/out etc etc
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

And even if it is possible it will be a hell of a lot of agro  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I know of people modding hubs, welding up threaded holes/removing studs and then either re-drilling or welding new studs on to what ever fitment they want but this is very dodgy and you compromise the strength of the hub....

there are kits available to convert stud patterns, but these are not cheap and you'd probably be better off spending the extra cash on wheels that are the correct pcd in the first place

Anonymous

Thanks for all the help guys!  s:D :D s:D

MR2 super GT

this is from the Japan Parts page about how the Reckless GT car swapped to 5 studs

PCD changer is GTO. 4 to 5 PCD changer T20 (both front and rear 20mm).

AFAIK GTO is not the mitsibushi GTO but actually the name of a company who do wheel spacer and hub spacer conversions.

also AFAIK the toyota 4 stud hubs still remain there is just a conversion spacer added onto the 4 studs that has 5 studs...

ideally you want to swap the whole hub to maintain strength. no one likes spacers
when I\'m not in traction, I\'m in action

cool_apple

look for SW20 3SGE hub/rotors/calipers. i think the front is straight swap /rear with minor modification (or was it vice-versa).

it has been done by a zzw30 owners here (msia).

originally i bought a set from salvage yard & planned to go that way to accomodate wide kit but now i manage to obtained rare zero offset 4 lug wheels.

Tags: