Hi all im new here

Started by MR-S Turbo, December 22, 2003, 21:38

MR-S Turbo

Hi all
I have just bought a nice little MR-S. Anyone out there reccommend any mods for it??
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

markiii

the list is endless,

give us a clue what area you want to improve/ruin?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MR-S Turbo

Well It already has a turbo and a nice body kit.  Was wondering what i could do to squeeze more performance out of it.  And how to convert the sat nav/tv screen
Thanks in advance
Peter
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

dreambackup

Follow your instinct... Go, TURBO!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

markiii

depends on the type of performance.

Personally if the turbo has been done even half well, it should be plenty fast.

I'd look to improve your handling. Chassis braces of some kind depending on what you already have.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

I agree with Mark, chassis bracing is the way to go.

Oh, and if you get any weird PM's from me, I've mis-typed - we have another member known as mr-s_turbo!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Welcome  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

That'll be me then!!!

OK tell us more of this '2 you have bought already turbo'd, what make is it, cooling, management, internals ? That'll help us point you in the right direction to get the most out of it.

Anonymous

bracing is the way to go like the others said - i drove seans car that is braced to the nuts and i was amazed how stable the car was (at 70+ mph on a 90o bend!!!)

Anonymous

Bracing, bracing, bracing.  It is the most balanced car on the market and just needs a little front bracing.

mph

Quote from: "MR-S Turbo"Was wondering what i could do to squeeze more performance out of it.
Simple. Uprated driver.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Cost is approx £120 per day's tuition at North Weald.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"Simple. Uprated driver.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Cost is approx £120 per day's tuition at North Weald.

oh yeah, i second that too (as thats where i was driving seans car at silly speeds!!!)... JUST DO IT*!

*no reference to the large athletics equipment company intended...

MR-S Turbo

Hi  
The car is already braced.  I am still waiting for it to arrive from Japan at the moment.  I have already had driver tuition on the track and many hours expirience on the track.  As i used to race my mk1 MR2 before i got rid of it.  Pics will be on here as soon as i take delivery of it.  s:) :) s:)
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

Anonymous

get some ICE   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "Buster"get some ICE   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Turbo definitely qualifies as In Car Entertainment  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "MR-S Turbo"Hi all
I have just bought a nice little MR-S. Anyone out there reccommend any mods for it??

Hmmm, a turbo, with bracing. The only things left are to strip everything out of it and then add some go-faster stripes.

And maybe some speed holes!!!

mph

Suspension - lots of choice here, just do a search here. Possibly with the addition of fully adjustable from TTE if there's enough interest.

Brakes - already pretty good, just some better pads for track use (stock overheats rather quickly), see thread in buying/selling by me on Mintex 1144s.

Tyres - tyre choice is critical on these cars. Best see the sticky in the Performance Forum for user comments. S03s or Eagle F1s are popular road tyres, but for track use they will tend to melt in the dry. Yoko Neova's are well respected for track use, but you're limited to the two sizes available which is only practical for the '03 '2s. Finally and totally unproven, but Yoko were raving to me that their new tyre, the A048, would be perfect for track/road use with the same wet performance of a standard road tyre but dry performance close their A032Rs!
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tags: