2002 MR2

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2007, 01:30

Anonymous

Just bought this car from a husband and wife who disagreed on actually selling the car to me. Sat outside with husband and looked at the car after andswering a private seller car ad. Car was in awesome condition garaged always with no mechanical issues, this guy was the original owner priced @ $23,778 in August of 2002 this car was well cared for inside and out ,no dings or dents paint was in show room like  shine. black with tan leather interior with dealer plastic carpet floor protectors still in place! ,all receipts for Mobil 1 5-30 syn all its life but w/cats still intact and in very good condition i inspected them when i saw the car i brought a o2 socket with me he freaked out and let me look. Test drive was awesome. SMT shifted in steering and center console controls like new! Engine idled smooth this seller actually bought new tires, oil,air filter,brakes and serpintine just before the sale he told me he wanted someone to enjoy the car for a long time like he did  for five years with no electrical or mechanical issues at all!. I have been shopping a long time for a Mr2 and wanted a cherry car for the money i was about to spend.  I saved just for this kind of purchase and i wanted  this car! after looking at two other Mr2s and a really really nice 1989 Pontiac Fiero GT For 8,995 and two 2002-2005 model Mazda Miatas and i said no to all of them! This Mr2 was a must buy for me! At first it seemed like they changed there minds about selling the car but all was said and done i gave him 13,200 and i was off!!!!!!!!!! cats were gutted 12/10/07 they were like new condition all bolts came off with no real  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   issues! Car is zippy! I think Toyota made my Mr2 with alot more love during assembly!  this car is super duper rock solid and may not even had to be de-catted!  just feels extra well built! Keeping this car for ever as this is my last like new car purchase! upgrades for sure in the near future! Your comments welcomed and read!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Welcome my friend, where about in the US are you from?

This site is more Eurpoean based, there is a dedicated site in the US at  m http://www.spyderchat.com/ m  They will also make you very welcome.

Any way have fun and enjoy your car, it sounds like you have brought a great car.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob.

Chris_h

Good luck with your purchase - they hold their value well in the US I notice.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Yes the car was a good find! Yes i have visited spyderchat also a great Mr2 website. Just a quick update on gutting the pre-cats 12/10/2007 at 54,000 + miles and i forgot to mention how great the condition of the ceramics were at time of removal, and how tuff they were to crack. I have heard they were brittle and broke easy and this is not the first time i have gutted a car or truck of its cats, they were just in very good condition for all the problems the pre-cats have caused people with the Mr2. The car is awesome and was a good buy for me i am very happy and count my blessings as i plan on keeping the car for a long time to come! thanks again guys for all the welcomes!!!! Joe  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Hey FGrob im from Escondido Ca. Originally from the island of Guam where are you from?   s:) :) s:)

spit

*Moved to "General"*
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: