Hardtop instructions in the manual..

Started by aaronjb, December 24, 2003, 14:39

aaronjb

The post regarding the gap around the hardtop has just reminded me of something..

Reading the instructions on removing the hardtop, step 3 in the manual says to 'Attach a cover on the lock striker', and that said cover is stored in a storage bag inside the glove box (well, grove box according to the manual.. I kid you not  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ). It also goes to grain pains to tell you that failure to do so may cause injury..

One question though (well, two) - what lock striker? And what cover?

Don't suppose anyone could point out what the manual is talking about on a photo?  s:) :) s:)

Thanks,
Aaron [who's getting bored now, waiting for someone to turn up to look at the 300ZX]
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

the mounting posts near the seatbelts, come with 2 leather covers that you put on after removing the top.

As for injury that has to be aimed at the american market.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Ahhh thanks - I had a feeling it might be something like that, but I really wasn't sure..

Don't think I'll fret too much about them not being there - if I end up upside down in the car, I have a feeling the style bar will brain me long before my head makes contact with the locking posts  s:) :) s:)  (uh.. that's rather morbid for this time of year, isn't it!)

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I reckon the little boxing gloves won't do much to project your noggin if you do end up going the wrong way.

markiii

if your going to hit your head on those whil sitting in the seat you'll have had to break your neck in 6 places anyway.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

I still fit mine though  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Slacey"I still fit mine though  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

So do I. It looks, well, more 'finished'.

Tags: