Changing gear, at what revs?

Started by MR2Blue, December 26, 2003, 17:57

Anonymous

I`d always thought that keeping a car revving very low is just as bad as keeping it revving very high. Changing between 3000 and 4000 should not do any damage at all. just don`t floor it when the engines cold. I also found that when I`m doing say 40mph the revs stay lower in this MR2 than my MK1 MR2 or in fact any other car I`ve driven, is that a good thing  s:?: :?: s:?:

MRMike

As in the style of Jesse's diet..."This week i have mostly been changing gear at 3000rpm"  I have to admit though i hold it in second all the time at 3000rpm just so i can go through the VVTi moment at 4500 rpm, I reckon i must do that at least 50 % of the time on a journey.  Although obviously not on the motorway, now that might do damage.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Very much depend on how I am driving, like most people here. But I have to say, I DO feel a little guilty when its been "thrashed" a little (and I DO look after it and make sure its warmed up etc....). I also am a little wary of giving it some stick occasionally on some roads as I think if there is going to be some kind of "catasrophic"  failure of anything (unlikely, I know), then there is nowhere for the car (and me!) to go and lots of things to hit. On a track, there is not so much worry over this.

Just me being a little wary mind, but I do like to give it some occasionally.......  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tags: