Thank you Aaron and MrT

Started by uktotty, December 29, 2007, 02:02

uktotty

Had a scare yesterday when an Engine Management Light came on just before a 100 mile round trip.
Called the only number in my phone and it was Aaron, he said dont panic, if it feels ok its probably just a sensor or something! So that gave me peace of mind to not go home.
Arrived in Southampton and called the Local Mr T (Kings Totyota) they got me right in, checked the light, reset the light and told me it was in fact an O2 Sensor, light has not come on since and they didnt charge me a penny, so thanks to both Arron and Kings of Soton for a super quick service.
Russ

aaronjb

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  If I'd known you were heading to S'oton I'd have offered to read the code for you - I was at my folks in Poole at the time!

Still at least they did it for free  s;) ;) s;)  So - did they say exactly what the code was (heater/sensor and which O2)?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

uktotty

Quote from: "aaronjb":lol: If I'd known you were heading to S'oton I'd have offered to read the code for you - I was at my folks in Poole at the time!

Still at least they did it for free  s;) ;) s;)  So - did they say exactly what the code was (heater/sensor and which O2)?

Not sure what the code was but the part is Oxygen Sensor T89465-17180 at a whopping £145.20 plus Vat.
Light is now off so do I ignore it, will iut comes back again?

Wabbitkilla

Depends entirely upon what the code was Russ.

Do a search for O2 sensors - there are other suppliers much cheaper that Mr T. The codes and CELs are sometimes triggered after three failures, so just keep an eye on it.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Not sure what the code was!
Guess theres no way to find out now unless it goes again ???

uktotty

OK well the light is now back on so can someone in Berks area lend me a ODBII code reader thingy so I can check the code and buy a new sensor?

Wabbitkilla

Place your bets please.... mine is on P0141  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

heathstimpson

Quote from: "uktotty"OK well the light is now back on so can someone in Berks area lend me a ODBII code reader thingy so I can check the code and buy a new sensor?
Or modify with a resistor if its the good old favourite post cat O2 sensor code  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

uktotty

*looks around and wonders what he just said!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "uktotty"*looks around and wonders what he just said!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Most common failure is the heater on the 3rd O2 sensor goes open circuit. Because it isn't necessary a large 15 Ohm resistor can be spliced onto the cables to prevent cells.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

uktotty

Just to clarify, can anyone tell me where this O2 is located and also are they 2 wire or 4 wire as my mate said he can check with a multimeter.???

aaronjb

4 Wire - you can only check the heater with a multimeter, but then it's usually that which is broken anyway  s;) ;) s;)

Are you about at the w/end or later today?  I'm at home and have my code checker here.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "aaronjb"4 Wire - you can only check the heater with a multimeter, but then it's usually that which is broken anyway  s;) ;) s;)

Are you about at the w/end or later today?  I'm at home and have my code checker here.
And Aaron is cheap  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

Quote from: "heathstimpson"And Aaron is cheap  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hey, you said you wouldn't tell  s:P :P s:P   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"And Aaron is cheap  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hey, you said you wouldn't tell  s:P :P s:P   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Well very cheap for me; still owe you several beers matey  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

uktotty

Bit of an update!
Firslty cheers Aaron, only saw your message AFTER i had driven past your house to my home on Friday! DAMN!!
Anyways I went to see MuffDan in Oxford on sat and used his OBDII and yes its the 141 code so.....................
Which O2 do I need?
Where shall I buy it?
After seeing the ODBII I think I would like one but which one?? Some on ebay for £20 some for £60. What connector is it?

Lastly!! One of my manifold sensors is cross threaded (probably from the factory) Markiii and Aaron tried to remove it a while back when we did my precats but now luck. How do I get the darn ting out?

Wabbitkilla

Search an ye shall find...  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19412 m

Anonymous

...or as it's the familiar P0141 heater circuit fault you could save yourself a load of money and put in the resistor as suggested previously by Heath. Spit did mine a few months back and I've had no problems since.   s:D :D s:D

Tags: